main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Carrie Fisher (Leia) in Episode VII (Sad News posted on Page 269)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Dec 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRunner

JediRunner Jedi Master star 1

Nov 26, 2005
    R.I.P Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds :-(

2. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  3. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    These last few days have been beyond comprehension. Utterly devastating.

4. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Condolences to the Reynolds/Fisher diaspora. :-(

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  5. AllyoftheForce

AllyoftheForce Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2016
  6. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    With the news of Debbie Reynolds death; one must really reconsider the plausibility of Padme's death on AOTC.

7. grungebunny

grungebunny Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 20, 2005
    I thought that. This month has been full of tragic ironies with George Michael being taken on Christmas Day.

8. ObiAlKenobi

ObiAlKenobi Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2012
    So very sad. Carrie's death hit me hardest of any celebrity I can remember. And her mother passing the next day made it even worse.

jaqen likes this.
  9. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015
    I cried when I heard about the stroke and then after the news of her death. It was like losing a relative.

10. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Aww jeez, watching TFA on Starz and it's the Han and Leia reunion scene. All her scenes just have such a different context now.

jaqen likes this.
  11. tokilamockingbrd

tokilamockingbrd Jedi Knight star 4

May 12, 2015
    except in reverse... but ya, Han and Leia said their goodbye for the last time...

jaqen likes this.
  12. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007

I just saw this deleted scene today. What a great moment. I wish that Carrie Fisher sass was kept in.

13. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    Mother and daughter seem to have had an invisible thread between them all their lives.

I'm sharing this in all the Carrie threads. It's beautiful:

DL44Jo and AllyoftheForce like this.
  14. mbruno

mbruno Jedi Master star 1

Jan 19, 2010
    I think you mean ROTS.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  15. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    Whoops, I did.

16. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
  17. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    I love that deleted scene! Man, I wish that had made the final cut. "Maybe they do--I don't care." Gah, you were the best, Carrie. Just the best.

Um, no. Not really a comparison. Debbie Reynolds was sixty years older with health problems. And there's nothing (NOTHING) that compares with the pain of losing a child. Maybe if Debbie Reynolds had passed away after Eddie Fisher dumped her, you might have a more accurate comparison. But she didn't . Because people don't do that. Especially when they have two young children depending on them. But anyway, let's not sidetrack this thread…..

jaqen likes this.
  18. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    This is a gorgeous, HD shot of Leia in TFA from the Hollywood Reporter. It's stunning how much she looks like her youngest self in this shot:

[​IMG]

MarcJordan, CEB, Lulu Mars and 2 others like this.
  19. HaloWithStyle

HaloWithStyle Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2015
    In some behind the scenes footage and in a deleted scene you can see Leia has a long braid of hair that hangs down in front of her shoulder. It look so much better, without it it looks like she just has a massive turd sitting on her head. It was even described in the novel. Is there any info on this? Did they remove it digitally or shoot her scenes again when they decided to remove it?

Does anyone agree it looked better?

20. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    THREAD MERGE.

21. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    I think MatthewZ was moreso referring to the fact that the med droid says something along the lines of there being no visible explanation for her death, so the audience is to assume Padme dies from a broken heart. Tbh, when I heard Debbie Reynolds died only two days after Leia, both my fiance and I both said at the same time "she died from a broken heart." I know it's not supposed to be scientifically possible, and Ms. Reynolds was much older and probably not in top notch physical health, but up until then she was not exactly on death's door. I do believe Debbie Reynolds died of a broken heart, her and Carrie were incredibly close and loved each other very much, despite their conflicts in past years. There's plenty of stories that are very similar, some people just can't live without someone they love. If a person can pass after losing their husband/wife, I'd imagine losing your child would be a million times more devastating.

Regardless, RIP Carrie and Debbie. They both will be missed terribly.

22. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Actually, there is something known as "broken-heart syndrome" in medical circles.

23. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    Carrie's Oscar in memoriam was gorgeous. She closed the montage, with Debbie right before. They showed arguably the most gorgeous shot of her ever, that smile at the close of Empire, and then she was one of the few who got a speaking clip.

The clip? Her as Leia in TFA, saying "May the Force be with you".

24. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    I've been thinking about the moment Han is killed by his and Leia's son. Leia senses this through the force.

Her reaction though appears to be in increments. Like there's a systematic understanding or attempt to understand exactly what it is that she is feeling and where those feelings come from. It certainly seems like it's more than just one thing and throws up a few questions.

Is she just sensing Han's pain?

Is it also Ben's anger, or is it Ben's pain that she senses?

Is it Rey's anguish?

Is she surprised that she can sense this at all, or surprised by whom she is sensing this pain or suffering from?

Or is it realisation of something that she was perhaps forewarned would or could happen?

Lulu Mars and jaqen like this.
  25. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    There's a blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment right before we see Leia's reaction where Kylo seems struck by emotion/realization. It's like the full meaning of Han's death finally hits him and he is overcome with sorrow (that is quickly suppressed).
    My theory is that this is what Leia senses. As mother and son, they share a strong emotional bond and possibly, this will be explored in TLJ.

natori and Martoto77 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.