main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Carrie Fisher (Leia Organa) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by MattOrgana, Dec 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ORIONFAITH

ORIONFAITH Jedi Grand Master

Mar 10, 2002
    This is a long shot, but just maybe the deleted Carrie Fisher scene is General Leia telling Rey that she’s her mother. Rey welling up in tears might say something along the lines, somehow I’ve always known. We maybe seeing the hug in the trailer after General Leia breaks the news to her.

Some may have also noticed that the teaser uses Leia’s theme. The idea of this deleted scene was perhaps dropped by JJ Abrams for the Force Awakens. General Leia may even tell Rey that Queen Amidala and Anakin Skywalker were her Grandparents. Then you have the title of the film, RISE OF SKYWALKER. Referring to Rey. Rey Skywalker? JJ Abrams was also telling reporters yesterday that it’s amazing how Leia’s scene ties in with the film. Hmm...

Also we see a giant piece of the second Death Star on a planet and then hear the Emperor laugh. Is blue ghost Emperor gonna fight blue ghost Luke Skywalker? Nerding out yo! lol!

2. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Suspect and hope there's no relation on the Rey front personally, but yeah, it's definitely not impossible.

3. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Whatever Leia tells Rey in the trailer, it makes Rey cry.

I don't think this scene is a simple "Bye, see you soon."

4. MattOrgana

MattOrgana Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2015
  5. quiller

quiller Jedi Master star 2

Jun 1, 2005
    Hug scene could be used as a set up scene for Leia going on her own self sacrifice trip to try and save Ben like Han and Luke before her

The ghost laugh a very effective set up scene to really get the juices flowing for this film with out really saying anything

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    This is not the place to discuss TROS; this forum is specifically for released films. If you want to discuss Episode IX, you can do so in the The Rise of Skywalker - IX: SA forum, or for spoiler free people, New Films - No Spoilers Allowed.

CT-867-5309 and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  7. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    I’m sure I’ll be crying too. Seeing the Princess one more time.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  8. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I'll be happy to see Leia in TROS. I liked how she was handled in TFA overall. Now, in TLJ, Rian Johnson did not destroy her as he did to Luke. But he did mess with her. I have no problem with her flying through space. That was the best thing she did. But I think Leia would have been more crafty and had more ideas. The Leia I knew in the CT had many plans up her sleeves. Just as an example, she tells Poe to get back to her with his slow-posterior bombers so that the First Order can...shoot at them and her. Doesn't make sense. And those bombers, as Eckhardtsladder said, are among the most poorly designed ships in all of Star Wars.

9. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    How many minutes will Leia be in TROS?

10. jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2019
    I don't think I can post her amount of screentime here, in case it's deemed a spoiler, but you can find that number in her TROS thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.