main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Official "Andor" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Outsourced, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    Im hoping Cassian has some "assignments" behind enemy lines; in particular, the scummier lower levels of Coruscant.

Ive always wanted to see the lower levels of Coruscant.

TCF-1138 and Bor Mullet like this.
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    If a spy series set in the GFFA during the dark times is “a bunch of fan service,” then I want more fan service!

3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Everything in a franchise is fan service, I don't see a distinction really.

4. Vizzy91

Vizzy91 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 12, 2018
    If it is used correctly. However fan service can lead to plot armor and thus tons of issues

5. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Ah yeah. I remember when those rabid Cassian Andor fans barricaded the Lucasfilm headquarters. Rumor has it they were only able to get out by throwing Pablo Hidalgo through a 2nd story window and using him as a landing pad.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  6. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    well pretty much every major pre-existing character in this time period has "Plot armour". Cuz we all know if/when they die and how they can end up. So have to introduce some new ones. What I'm stumped is will this follow the Cassian / K-2SO comic one-shot or adapt it or contradict it?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  7. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    So... Your idea is to do the opposite of what fans would want...? [face_thinking] That worked out great for The La... Oh nevermind!

8. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Based on what exactly?
    I mean, sure, everything could turn out to be fan-service. But by that logic they should stop making new Star Wars content right now and never ever add anything further again.

Complaining about the possibility of fan-service (whatever that is truly supposed to be) doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It's nothing but an empty phrase. They are telling stories they want to tell, some people will like them, some people won't. There isn't anything more to it than that.

There is no such thing as "what the fans want", therefore no one could possible do what they want, or do the opposite of what they want...

9. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    Count me in too. Stories like these usually feature in comics and novels - but now they appear to be coming to the small screen too. There will never be too much "fan service" with me and I can't wait for next year.

And I must take my hat off to Disney because they are really trying to scratch everyone's itch.

10. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Fan service is fine if it serves a purpose for the story or is unobtrusive in an easter egg, blink and you miss it fashion. Something like Doctor Evazan and Walrus man in Rogue One though, the ";)Remember me?" type of pointless dialogue, that is not good.

11. Vizzy91

Vizzy91 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 12, 2018
    Kinda what I mean by fan service, I mean adding fan-favorite characters such as Ahsoka, Ghost Crew, Bail, etc.

12. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Well, I still don't see much to complain about, even if that were the case.

If they appear just in small cameos, their appearance is pretty much irrelevant. At worst it would be a "meh, didn't really need that" moment, but your enjoyment of the show as a whole shouldn't depend on such a small scene.

If they appear in bigger roles, well, then they probably fit into the story and have a valid reason to be there.

Bor Mullet and cwustudent like this.
  13. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Agreed. I wish that four second cameo wasn’t in the film. But it was four seconds. The rest of the film (minus the two second 3PO shot) was admirably devoid of that kind of thing. If there are a few seconds of that sort of thing across the span of, say, eight hours of season one of this show? That’s fine with me. I mean, would that be enough to ruin it for you?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    cwustudent likes this.
  14. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I literally don't understand how putting Star Wars characters in Star Wars things is bad.

15. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    Hell, even then, the comic writers used that cameo to bring them and the officer trying to bring them to justice in the Aphra comics. So even those cameos can serve a purpose for further storytelling.

Bossk_Baby, Bor Mullet and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  16. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    Doctor Evazan has went on to be a big villain in nu canon thou so it wasn't pointless

Bossk_Baby and Force Smuggler like this.
  17. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    At that time, for that film, it was pointless. It added nothing to the story and only serves to remove you from the movie and remind you about ANH. It is too obvious and cheap. IMO if you have to write another story to explain a piece of fanservice, it isn't good fanservce.

Vader at the end of the movie, that is an example of good fanservice. It doesn't need explaining, it contributes to the story, and is fun to watch.

18. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Who else will we see in this? Vader, Palpatine, Leia’s adoptive parents? Maybe Mon Mothma?

Generational Fan likes this.
  19. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Hell yes! Diego Luna back as Cassian Andor (And certainly K2-SO ;)), in a Live Action TV Show? I'm definitely onboard. :D If The Mandolorian doesn't get away much from Mandolore, then this show will likely deliver more locales, since it focuses on Rebel Spies. I haven't been following any Star Wars news lately, so it's good to come back to this news. And yes, I am still holding to my belief that they will make an Obi-Wan project of some sort with Ewan, for the new Disney streaming channel. [face_waiting] :)

Generational Fan and Bor Mullet like this.
  20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I’m with you. But there’s every indication so far that “The Mandalorian” doesn’t spend much, if any, time in Mandalore. Hence the title “THE Mandalorian.” As in one among many non-Mandalorians. So I think both shows will take us to multiple locales. Though the Cassian series may deliver more, due to the nature of a spy story. I’m guessing it’ll have James Bond-levels of exotic locations. Can’t wait.

BigAl6ft6 and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  21. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Yeah, this is true. I have been hoping that this Series will have a The Good, the Bad and the Ugly vibe to it; with the Mandolorian being similar to Clint Eastwood's "Man With No Name" Character. Maybe this Mando will even work for the New Republic, to hunt down Imperial holdouts? :cool:

Bor Mullet likes this.
  22. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    That would be great. And as there is visual evidence of Death Troopers in the show (who are responsible for protecting high-level Imperials), it’s actually a plausible storyline.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    So i was just wondering when k2-so was reprogrammed by Cassion and how long they kown each other. From my veiwing of Rouge one, is that they knew one another for a few years. When k2-so dies and see Cassion's reactions, you know they are close kinda like Anakin/r2d2. So i just wondering, as Diego is playing him we get him and k2-so as buddy-cop team. 5 years earlier and we still have them together. We need k2-so.

24. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    For you, and anyone else that doesn't know the story:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Rogue_One_–_Cassian_&_K-2SO_Special_1

BigAl6ft6 and chrcharcor2 like this.
  25. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    The Organa's make perfect sense, perhaps even teenage Leia, definitely Mon Mothma.

Vader and Palpatine, I'm not so sure. Palpatine is too big for Cassian, though perhaps there could be propaganda holograms and pictures of Palpatine, like we saw in Rebels and TCW.

Vader, it would be great to see him, but we know Cassian won't be killed by him, so it would automatically diminish Vader a bit. I think it would be better if Vader is someone we hear about, someone the Rebels are really afraid of and tell scary war stories about, but someone we never actually see in the show.

I would prefer if the show creates new Imperial villains, for example some ISB operative that would be the evil opposite of Cassian and working against him. The ISB is supposed to be the Imperial version of Gestapo, so it would make sense to have them in the show as some giant terrifying anti-spy organisation that hunts for Rebel agents and sympathizers.