main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Official "Andor" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Outsourced, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

Great Story ideas for the Show. I like would love to finally see Alderaan (in more than just part of a short montage), since there is a great chance of Jimmy Smits reprising his Role as Bail Organa.

2. Cantina Regular

Cantina Regular Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2016
    14. A mission to a planet that loves and supports the Empire. Some place where the locals aren’t “hitler youth” —esque but actually have good reason to support the Empire. Maybe militarization improves local economy or maybe Imperial presence saved them from pirates or disease or natural disaster. Some place where stormtroopers are looked upon as heroes. Would be fascinating.

15. A mission where Cassian finds proof the Empire is working in coordination with the crime syndicates. Show the dark and scary trafficking side of the galaxy. Show what spice does to a junky. Really messed up stuff.

jc1138, La Calavera, bizzbizz and 2 others like this.
  3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Good stuff. Let’s keep going. Ten more:

16. Work with local contacts, including unsavory characters among the White Worms, to disrupt Imperial ship manufacturing on Corellia. Perhaps Saw gets involved and creates too much of a bang, attracting a serious Imperial investigation that threatens to expose some Senators in the Alliance.

17. Meet with Senate contacts in the bowels of Coruscant to arrange for a significant and illegal infusion of funds to the Rebel Alliance. They are tracked, and one Senate contact is exposed and killed as a traitor. But the mission succeeds through a backup channel.

18. Set up a Rebel listening post on an asteroid in Scarif’s system to try to gather intelligence on what’s coming in and out of the installation. The post finds the initial evidence of kyber-crystal transport.

19. Connect with an Imperial double agent on a pleasant planet like Chandrila or Alderaan who claims to have highly sensitive information that can only be delivered in person. The mission seems to be an enjoyable one for Cassian, who lets down his guard a little. The double agent sets a trap for him, and Imperials, including Vader, are waiting to accost him. He somehow sniffs out the trap at the last minute, and escapes before being confronted by Vader.

20. A mission with a ruthless bounty hunter that Cassian hates, on principle, but has to deal with. Could be Cad Bane or Dengar or whoever. The bounty hunter helps Cassian track down a high-value Imperial target, but Cassian has to accept some seriously unethical means of getting there.

21. An infamous Imperial “Rebel hunter,” modeled after Hans Landa in Inglorious Basterds, is on Cassian’s trail and he has to evade him. He hides in a network of safe houses across a few systems. One of his contacts is killed for having harbored Cassian, and because Cassian wasn’t careful enough in his haste. Lots of guilt ensues.

22. Investigate rumors of a mysterious civilian energy project the Empire is working on, which includes high-value scientists like Galen Erso and others. Cassian comes up empty on details, but it’s clear the project is related to a war-fighting capability and not energy.

23. A tip leads Cassian to Nar Shadaa, where Cassian’s supposed to meet with some shady cats in a gambling establishment. His intended contact doesn’t trust Cassian for some reason, and drama ensues. Cassian pulls it off, and the contact ultimately shares news that one of Saw’s crew has important...news. Some humor about news about news. He gives him a location to meet with Saw’s guy on...the Ring of Kafrene.

24. Cassian has to...go to a party. He really doesn’t want to, but Mothma insists. It’s at the home of a really eccentric wacko with a personal zoo of exotic animals who’s been feeding the Rebellion information because the Empire has been messing with his illegal animal trade. It’s King Prana. One of the more amusing episodes, but with an unsettling twist. An Imperial governor is at the party...

25. A Five Syndicate conflict has erupted, and the Empire withdraws some important contracts with Crimson Dawn due to the fallout. Cassian is tasked with investigating the situation and finding an opportunity to bring Crimson Dawn onboard as a Rebel supplier... There is conflict within the Alliance over working with the Crimson Dawn, and Enfys Nest breaks with the Rebellion.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  4. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    26. A mission to a former Seperatist-held planet on the rumour of a storage facility holding a vast number of old battle droids and super battle droids. The Rebel Leaders have come up with the idea that they can re-programme them and use them in the opposite way to before; that being to free the galaxy from evil. However, the rumour was a trap to draw out the Rebels hiding in the shadows. Cassian just escapes here.

27. A mission to destroy a critical Imperial supply line from the mid and outer rims. The story will involve blowing up a space station and amongst Imperial lives lost, there will be innocent casualties as well. It is one of the first times that Cassian questions whether the Rebels are doing the right thing, or if in some twisted way he considers them just as bad as the Empire in some respects.

28. A mission to establish some alternative hyper-space travel routes that are just parallel to the main ones used by everyone else. This is so that the Rebel Alliance can move arms and personel without attracting to much scrutiny or interest from the Empire. To spice things up a little, when establishing one of these routes, he comes across an unknown species (possibly from outside the galaxy - I guess this one's abit Thrawn-like) doing there own reconnaissance missions of the galaxy - an idea that can be used as an introduction to these beings and for a future trilogy (post 9) involving them attacking the galaxy.

29. A mission from Bail Organa for Cassian to go to Tatooine to give Kenobi some highly important information about some Jedi who survived the purge. But as he gets to Tatooine and before he can start looking for Kenobi and give him the information, his cover-story is blown and he must destroy the data - as per Bail's strict instructions if caught. This story involves a love interest for Cassian and the woman is actually a secret Imperial agent. In addition to destroying the data, he must eliminate her too so that no knowledge of Kenobi living and his whereabouts come to light, This causes Cassian great emotional turmoil and galvanises his resolve at doing future "dirty work" for the Rebellion.

30. This one involves your Number 21 @Bor Mullet. I had similar thoughts about Landa and I would like to see a character like this being the main "baddy" for the show. He is Cassian's exact opposite on the Imperial side and has very similar abilities. Basically this involves the final show down between the two. Obviously we know Cassian will live, but it would truly one great battle and Cassian only just wins with his life intact.

That is virtually a full Season One of episodes. Again, there are just so many great possibilities with Cassian's character and all of the different things he can be doing for the Rebellion. From assassination to sabotage, to reconnaissance, to extraction, to investigation, to establishing contacts, to helping in mini-planet rebellions, to meeting people and so on. Just so many great possibilities and stories.

5. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Somehow I doubt the series will be that good... unless they're paying attention to this thread and taking notes!

6. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    With Disney confirming they are doing a Loki series as well as one for Scarlett witch with bettany involved I’d say k2 is almost a certain starter

To keep you subbed all year they will probably alternate marvel/Star Wars

Launch with the Loki series
    Mandalorian Few months later
    Then Cassian Andor
    Finish with Scarlett witch
    Before starting again with clone wars
    Next marvel show most likely winter soldier/or Hawkeye show

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  7. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    You never know... :)

Hopeless likes this.
  8. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I want to see live-action Bothans.

jc1138, avcpl, Bossk_Baby and 2 others like this.
  9. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    This series is a perfect place to start. It would be cool if the “Bothan Spy Unit” is established as this elite, mysterious, secretive and somewhat suspicious group that’s on the periphery of Cassian’s view. Sometimes getting involved to help, and at other times, frustratingly not helpful. Sort of an aloof Special Forces of spies.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  10. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Isn't it a bit early for Bothans?

I mean, they threw out the old EU, so everything is game, but if you take a look at what used to be the story, the Bothans were late arrivers to the rebellion, were they not?

They removed all references to them being an alien race from canon, leaving them completely open, so it wouldn't be impossible to use them, but I would be rather surprised if they did.

11. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I don’t see why not. Yes, the only place in canon that they’re mentioned in is ROTJ, but so what? They can easily establish them as having been operating in the shadows since the early days. And with the Mothma connection it seems like a no-brainer.

12. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    This.

I would love for Star Wars in general to explore this topic more. The Empire is massive; fear and military might will go a long way in establishing control and order, but support of the populace, of some magnitude, is also essential. While it's easy to paint the Empire as just "evil," (which is basically what Lucas wanted), it has to have some civilian support. Security and order are usually sought out by the populace, which is one reason why fascist or authoritarian governments tend to rise. We also can't forget the size of the Imperial military and bureaucracy--some members who are part of these institutions are ones who truly believe that the Empire is good for the galaxy at large.

I like the ideas you suggest. I'd add another one: a Rebel attack causes massive civilian casualties on an Imperial loyal planet/city/sector.

[Similar to this topic, I'd love for Star Wars to explore more in-depth planets who joined the CIS]

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    As a big fan of Rogue One, I’m looking forward to this. I want to know how Cassian got involved in the Rebellion, especially since he has been in the fight since he was six years old. I don’t expect the show to flash back that far but some expository dialogue would cover it. And I hope we’ll see more of the original formation of the Alliance; the timeline should be good for just between Rebels and Rogue One.

14. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I wouldn’t mind seeing a young Cassian flashback ala Jyn’s Rogue One flashback, actually. That prologue scene alone taught me that the “unofficial rule against flashbacks” in Star Wars is nonsense. They can do wonders for a film and a character, if executed well.

15. Bosskkkk

Bosskkkk Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 18, 2012
    How about a one-off episode where Cassian secretly recruits a handful of members from the Imperial Starfleet Academy to jump ship and join the Rebellion, but shown from the point of view of the new recruits.

The episode could start with this clip of Biggs having a conversation with his whiny friend (dialogue edited slightly to make it appear as though it takes place a year or so before ANH) ->

And then the episode can follow Biggs and a couple of his Starfleet buddies attempting to meet up with Cassian ("the friend of a friend on Bestine"), as they make their journey to join the Alliance.

[​IMG]

They would need to get an actor who could pull off the "Biggs" look and mannerisms, but the cool outfit makes the character really so that's half the battle.

(and with the Disney acquisition of Fox almost complete, they shouldn't have any copyright issues with re-purposing old deleted scenes from the original EPIV now I think?)

Whack in a handful of other recruits as an ensemble and I'm sure you can craft a tight one-off episode covering that...with Biggs not as a main character per-se, but just one of about 5 recruits.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    Generational Fan and Hopeless like this.
  16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I want more news!

17. Bossk_Baby

Bossk_Baby Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 1, 2018
    Same. Could do with some supporting cast announcements. Genevieve O’Reilly and Jimmy Smits as series regulars please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrcharcor2, Avnar and Bor Mullet like this.
  18. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    It may be a while. We don’t have a supporting cast for the Madalorian yet and it’s actually shooting

19. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Yeah, I don't think we'll hear any more news about Cassian show at least until Celebration Chicago. And perhaps not even there, as the focus is going to be on Episode IX, The Mandalorian, TCW Season 7 and the Galaxy's Edge parks.

20. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    which characters could u see getting recanonized in this
    I think
    Mara Jade
    Kyle Kartarn
    Galen Marek (reworked as a inquisitor like how he was going to be in rebels season 2 )
    Prince Xzior
    Shira Brie
    Juno Eclipse

chrcharcor2 likes this.
  21. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    We don’t yet know what the focus is going to be on at Celebration (except for IX, which will be the centerpiece). When we get more news about this all depends on what the schedule is for the Cassian show. Will it be released soon after the first season of the Mandalorian airs? At the same time, to give Disney+ huge appeal at release? Lots of unknowns still. I bet we’ll be getting both Mando and Cassian news trickling in at the same time. A few bits and bobs before Celebration, and then some big stuff there.

22. Vizzy91

Vizzy91 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 12, 2018
    How could she recanonized?

23. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    emperor sends his hand to investigate the spy messing with different imperial assets

24. Bossk_Baby

Bossk_Baby Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 1, 2018
    We have some good bits of casting info on Mandalorian. Some rumored, some announced. Carl Weathers, Gina Carano, and Werner Herzog seem to make up the core cast alongside Pascal. Would love to get some story beats or info on planets / aliens showing up though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Dantooine. They’re on Dantooine.

Jedi Daniel and Darth Smurf like this.