main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Official "Andor" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Outsourced, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Yeah I hear what you are saying... I was mainly talking about the grassy Rohan look as depicted in TTT, but you are right - There is a fair bit going on there. Looking at that concept art that @MrDarth0 posted above maybe somewhere else.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Got it. That said, the EU/ game version of Dantooine isn’t canon, so they can do whatever they want with it.

3. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Here's my list of characters I'd like to see cameo in the Cassian Andor prequel TV show:

=1: Mace Towani
    =1: Cindel Towani
    =1: Colonel Meebur Gascon
    =1: Jaxxon
    ...and, er, that's it.

4. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    I definitely like the idea of espionage cloak and dagger action in the early days of the rebellion--knowing that Andor ends up vaporized on Scarif is the thing holding it back for me, but that can be alleviated if it's got a strong supporting cast.

Not super big on the idea of a cameo parade of Kallus or Vader or whoever. Let's take the opportunity to make things feel bigger with each new project and cram things with new people. Imperial bad guys, rebel officers, etc.

It will be amusing to contrast the tone of this with Rebels. ;)

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  5. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I'm 100% sure all of those characters will appear, along with Chukha-Trok, Noa and Teek.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  6. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    The Dantooine base wouldn't be featuring much if Cassian is away on missions, there won't be any Imperials there so the story will be elsewhere most of the time. I wonder if we find out how Cassian got the annoying habit of putting on his Flak vest every time he enters his ship yet never wears it on missions?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
    cwustudent likes this.
  7. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    So annoying that I never noticed it.

Django Fett likes this.
  8. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    When you watch it from now on you'll notice it.:D

cwustudent and Bor Mullet like this.
  9. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Thank you. :)

Django Fett likes this.
  10. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Sort of skeptical that that particular version of Dantooine ever makes it into canon. It looks awesome and all, but the rocky outcrops and general Scotland/Ireland-ishness of it all might be a little too visually similar to Anch-To. Back when Rogue One was conceptualized was one thing, but now that we've had a major part of one film taking place in a similar environment to that, I dunno.

Really like the idea from the Wookipedia thing of the Rebel bases in general all being built into the natural terrain as caves though, Hoth & Crait style. So that element would be cool. Just not sure they'd do it as such a potent rock-and-moss visual post-TLJ. Batuu seems a little in that general vein from what we've seen of it too, maybe if Dantooine indeed factors into the Cassian show they might just mix it up conceptually a little.

That concept art from Wookiepedia kind of struck me, I could see them going for a grassy planet like that, something a little less lush & exotic than Naboo, but broad open grassy plains all the same. Space-Iowa or whatever.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    cwustudent likes this.
  11. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I’d like to see a space Mongolia. Arid, grassy steppe with some mountains. Haven’t really gotten that in a planet yet. Either that or a Western (US) sagebrush look. Again, arid but not quite full desert.

12. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    They would be wise to use KotOR's Dantoine. An iconic thing there being the baobab trees (called Blba trees in SW). Madagascar would be a perfect place to film in.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    vncredleader and Bor Mullet like this.
  13. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

That's nice; but I think they should Film on Location in the Flint Hills of Kansas, near where I live. [face_whistling] :p Seriously though, the Flint Hills look really beautiful in the spring. Very Dantooine like.

cwustudent likes this.
  14. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Ehh, KoToR. [face_skull] Blahh.

But yeah, Bor, something like Mongolia would be great. I guess for consistency's sake an argument could be made we've seen the grassy-plains-planet already in Lothal, but not sure that'd be a barrier to the same level as a similar environment already in live-action. Big open-skies plains-right-to-the-horizon Mongolia-esque would be awesome.

cwustudent and Bor Mullet like this.
  15. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    As long as they add Blba trees. It's not Dantooine to me without them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
    Bor Mullet and vncredleader like this.
  16. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    We don't have a Dantooine in-canon though. They might go the same route, they might not, but it's not wrong if they don't. It's pretty much a blank slate.

17. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    The blank slate version will only disappoint fans. Lucasfilm should have leant this by now.

I still haven't forgiven them for changing Ryloth from an interestingly different, tidally locked planet, and turning it into Generic Planet #24.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
    DarthRosie and GunganSlayer like this.
  18. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    'Cause if you're not disappointed with whatever they cook up, you're not a fan. Rad.

Outsourced likes this.
  19. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    The funny thing is that we only ever see ony tiny part of a planet. Who is to say that other parts can't look different?

I mean, it would be rather weird if one would assume that all planets look exactly the same everywhere. You could have Dantooine without those trees without removing the possibility of the planet having those trees elsewhere. After all, we don't have the same plants spread out over our entire planet either, and even Mars, which is all but a dead body, has different parts.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  20. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    That isn't really how Star Wars does Planets though is it. The Planets are like our cities, towns, or specific climates.

What??? I never said that. I said fans will be disappointed, as in a lot of fans would be dissapointed. I didn't say every single fan of star wars must be disappointed in order to be called a fan.:rolleyes:

21. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    "Fans will be disappointed" is a lot closer to the second than it is to the first.

22. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    So Dantooine is mentioned but never seen, Cassian can be based on Yavin IV and the base is being built up as the Rebels are moving from Dantooine.

There is a blank slate for new worlds nobody has ever dreamed of, some may seem familiar such as a Tatooine like desert planet, a Scarif like tropical atoll like planet and even a Cloud City like giant platform in the upper atmosphere of a gas giant. Just like there are more than one desert on this planet and more than one forest, there must be more planets with the same attributes.

23. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    No it isn't. Don't be ridiculous. "The fans will be disappointed" would mean that, but without the word the, it can mean as little as two fans will be disappointed.

This discussion is quite pointless though because they are clearly not going to completely change Dantooine into a new looking planet with a different climate than before. The concept art of Dantooine for Rogue one shows this.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  24. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    I’m trying to keep my expectations in check regarding the extravagance of set design. It is only television after all. The only big thing I’ll be watching out for is how they handle mines, tunnels, dungeons etc. I thought Solo’s take on Kessel was disappointing, very indistinguishable from all the “slaves in caves” sets that appeared all the time in sci-fi tv shows from the 90’s. As long as they can make their sets feel uniquely Star Wars then I’ll be happy.

I'm down to see him fight a Gorax, no sarcasm!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
    Bossk_Baby and Blackhole E Snoke like this.
  25. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016