main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Official "Andor" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Outsourced, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Can’t wait! Right on the heels of the Mandalorian.

GregMcP likes this.
  2. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    *Some* fans are going to be disappointed with any minute element of Star Wars, always and forevermore. You can't please everyone, and shouldn't try.

The only point being made is that we don't have reference for new-canon Dantooine yet. You can be disappointed if they do it in canon now and it's different to what you're used to in the old one, sure. That just doesn't mean they've made the wrong decision if they decide to mix it up. Old canon doesn't count anymore, they do what they feel is right for the here-and-now. If that's going a different direction, so be it.

3. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Says who?
    We had planets like that, but for the most part we only ever saw small bits of most planets, making it all but impossible to claim that all planets have just one specific climate.

Naboo certainly didn't alook the same everywhere. There were vast open plains, forests, swamps, mountain-ranges, etc. Hardly something that was consistent and carrying the same flora and fauna everywhere.

4. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Sorry but it's a very well established trope of the Star Wars universe to have mono-biome planets. Tatooine, Hoth, Endor, Coruscant, Mustafar, all single feature, single biome worlds. Even Naboo could be described in the same way, all we see of it is a temperate climate. Multi-biome planets are not the norm in the GFFA.

5. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Which doesn't really cover the issue at all. Naboo alone clearly shows that different kinds of flora is growing in different parts of the planet. Thus making the argument that Dantooine wouldn't be Dantooine if those specific kind of trees were missing in the scenes shown in the show not a good one at all. Again, we never saw what the majority of all the planets looked like, only ever tiny pieces of them. Even if they were all mostly just of one type, it still wouldn't prevent the planets from having slight differences depending on where you go, as evidenced by the fact that this has been shown in the movies (e.g. Naboo).

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  6. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    The very first planet Star Wars introduces us to, Tattooine, has flat desert areas, sandy dunes and rocky, mountainous spots. Yes, it’s all arid. But variety in a planet’s terrain was established in the GFFA from early on.

cwustudent likes this.
  7. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Naboo was just a temperate climate planet though wasn't it? Like, it has forests, fields, and water. No suggestion that there's a frozen or arid part. Of course, absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence, but it does fit in to the mono-biome pattern. Also, Naboo is a very odd place as it has very lush vegetation and is full of life, but has only liquid water at its core. What's this planet made of? How dense is it? How does it maintain its atmosphere? Is it within the magnetosphere of a parent planet? Why isn't it a barren Mars like planet? Why is there an industrial energy mine containing a live action platform game underneath the palace, which also doubles (or triples) as an airbase? Naboo culture is weird.
    Yeah but all that variety is just the same conditions at different heights. ;)

8. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    To put it simply, I think it’s just to simplify it for the audience. The planets in the SW galaxy seem to be viewed more like countries than planets, with the galaxy being the world.

9. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah, or the different ports in a swashbuckling pirate movie.

10. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    So premier probably in Fall 2020.

Makes me really think that both this and the Mandalorian will be one season type series. Which I'm perfectly happy about.

I much prefer series with planned beginning, middle and end, to never ending TV series that are just constantly being renewed for one more season.

cwustudent and chrcharcor2 like this.
  11. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Seems a little early to make a call on them beign single-series things. Could be the case given Favreau's a hugely-busy dude and he has a lot of film-directors handling the episodes, but conversely The Americans ran multiple seasons and that's involving TV people (so far), so...

Probably 50/50.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  12. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    If it’s successful there will be more than one season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Depends on the reception. If it does well, more seasons will very likely be ordered. Like almost every TV show ever.

14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Looking at his upcoming roles it looks like Ben Mendelsohn would be free to reprise his role as Krennic. Just saying, LFL. [face_praying]

zackm and Bor Mullet like this.
  15. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I'd love to see a little preview like they did with Rogue One.
    [​IMG]

16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Preach. I mean pray. Preach and pray.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  17. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    He might seem a little on the old side, but I think Jeremy Irons would make a good Thrawn.

I hope they find some way to include Ahsoka too!

18. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Ashoka should be Season 3.
    2020 - The Mando
    2021 - The Rebel Spy.
    2022 - The Runaway Jedi.

chrcharcor2 and Bor Mullet like this.
  19. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Oh, right. For some reason, I never thought that the Cassian show might simply be the second season of a "Star Wars Character Story" series, which follows different characters in different places and time periods. Like True Detective. That...may be the case. If so, I bet we get Ehrenreich's Han Solo again. The Smuggler. And Jyn Erso. The Orphan. Zuvio. The Enforcer. It can go on and on. And I'd be there for all of it.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    Kole, chrcharcor2 and GregMcP like this.
  20. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    I think I'd like it that way.
    8 or10 chapters that tell a complete story.

21. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    "And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou open the Disney+ app. Then, shalt thou watch the nine episodes of the series featureth The Rebel Spy, no more, no less. Nine shall be the number of episodes thou shalt watch, and the number of the watching shall be nine. Ten shalt thou not be watched, nor either watch thou eight, excepting that thou then proceed to nine. Eleven is right out! Once the number nine, being the ninth episode of the series, be reached, then rewatcheth thou thy The Mandalorian once more whilst thou waiteth for The Constable.'"

V-2, EHT and Bor Mullet like this.
  22. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    Okay then. Nine episodes it is.
    I'll send off an email to Mr Filoni.

And sure, 2023. The Zuvio season.
    I'll add that to the email.

BigAl6ft6, EHT, chrcharcor2 and 2 others like this.
  23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
  24. Bossk_Baby

Bossk_Baby Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 1, 2018
    That seems like a long time. Maybe they’re filming two seasons at once

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I doubt it. That would be highly unusual. I think it could be a few things.

1. Lots of location shooting
    2. Working around Luna’s “Narcos” schedule
    3. Some other reason

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019