main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Official "Andor" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Outsourced, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    A show like this takes time, just look at Got last season 9 months. I asume this one will have 8 episodes also, more money in those also. This one might also cost mutch more to make.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  2. Rodney-2187

Rodney-2187 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 6, 2015
    I love Resistance, and I can't wait for the new episode of The Clone Wars and The Mandalorian is sounding great, but this has to be fan and away what I am most looking forward to, other than Episode IX of course. I love Rogue One and the character of Cassian Andor. He definitely shot first! There is so much potential in the espionage aspect of the Rebellion. I can't wait to see where he goes in his travels!

lovethedarkside and Bor Mullet like this.
  3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    It’s really a perfect concept, setting and character for a TV show. Still can’t believe it’s real.

I think it’s a long shoot because they plan to give this show a realistic vibe, and location shooting will be a big part of that.

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    So Cassian as Fulcrum was cut from the movie (but I think it's in the novel), we'll probably see it here, right?

5. Rodney-2187

Rodney-2187 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 6, 2015
    Will K-2 be in this too?

6. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Will they "Solo" it and have an episode about How Cassian Met K-2SO?

... And an episode about the Space Monkey with a Machinegun.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Kaytoo and Cassian's meet up is covered in the K-2 and Cassian one-shot

[​IMG]

It's actually really great (Cassian basically reboots him a lot), not sure I would want to see an adaptation of it due to how sideways it could be and change stuff, although it would be fun if the series kicks in and they're already stuck with each other.

8. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Looks like there was some kind of Star Wars long-term planning briefing for reporters today. Should be some interesting stuff on the way. Hopefully some tidbits on the Cassian show.

9. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    What species you would like to see in this series beside humans? I would like to see Twi'leks, Zabraks, Vagaari. Timothy Zahn did describe their two-mouth language so beautifully. I really want to hear that and to see Vagaari next to that picture in Wookieepedia.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  10. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Gigorans, Tarsunt, Tognath, Abednedos and Weequay. Five of my favorite alien species. And four are from the new era!

11. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I'm not super fussed about which aliens appear. It's always nice to have a recognizable species show up, like a Rodian or Twi'lek, just to remind you that you're in the GFFA, but it's not necessary for me to feel immersed.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  12. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah. One of my favorite little bits about the new SW era is the proliferation of new aliens. Fans howl for new stuff...until they don’t. When it comes to aliens, for some reason.

13. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    New aliens are a fine thing - when underfed with interesting stories. But where are the stories of the Tognaths and the other species you did mention? Looking interesting is one thing - to be more than a mere bystander or decoration something else. Real worldbuilding requires more. I hope, in this series, we see something more of them, like in TCW or Rebels, where we got some insight in such non-human species worlds.

14. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    What stories did we have of the Twi-leks, the Aqualish, the Rodians, etc, when the OT films were first released? Plus, there is already ancillary material telling stories about some of these new aliens. But overall, looking cool and fitting into their environments is the most important bit. Not every minor character needs a story to be told to be a fan favorite. Sometimes it’s more interesting to just let their looks and appearance tell a story. Their outfits, their participation in a group, etc. Gigorans are in Saw’s partisans and imprisoned on Kessel, Tarsunts are in the Resistance and in positions of leadership in the New Republic, Tognath are partisans, Abednedos are pilots, Weequay man Jabba’s skiffs. Etc. Those roles tell stories. I don’t need to know their mothers.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    V-2 and Darth Nave like this.
  15. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Chiss and Muns would be cool but I'd most like to see unidentified humanoid rabbits.

Sudooku likes this.
  16. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    A James Luceno written episode featuring Ryn would be great.

17. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Then I want Timothy Zahn to write a Thrawn episode. ;)

Blobofat likes this.
  18. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    A mafia of bumface (can't remember their species) gangsters.

A disrobed jawa. I'm being serious; what other parts light up as well?

Some cross-breeds like a Kaminoan ewok or a Rodian Hutt.

More Yoda folk.

Django Fett likes this.
  19. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    No thanks. Species from different planets being able to breed is completely ridiculous to me. I absolutely hate Jacen Syndulla.

V-2 likes this.
  20. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Whatever floats Disney's boat. I can even recall a heavy Yuuzhan Vong-Humans interbreeding in the Invasion comic line. I was surprised that time very much.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  21. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    They use them a fair amount in Star Trek. Bajoraans and Cardassians, even the Q lot can mate with humans and they transcend organic form. Tbh, I've never been too bothered by the science of it in space fantasies.

22. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Jacen Syndulla was the dumbest-looking thing I’ve seen yet in Star Wars. A human kid...with green hair. How did that get the design team’s approval?

V-2 likes this.
  23. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Ahem .... Holdo .... ahem.

Django Fett, Sudooku and Avnar like this.
  24. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    I mean, is it not entirely possible that the kid just got his hair dyed?

25. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I would have preferred a girl.
    [​IMG]

DannyD and Bor Mullet like this.