main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Official "Andor" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Outsourced, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    [​IMG]

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    [​IMG]

Bor Mullet likes this.
  3. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    That's some character journey.
    On the trail of a Big Secret, pretty much failing to figure it out, until the last moment when it kills him.

4. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    And, of course, successfully helping to get the DS plans to the Rebellion...

Avnar and EHT like this.
  5. Bossk_Baby

Bossk_Baby Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 1, 2018
    To be fair, this is Star Wars. I’m hard pressed to think of any character who doesn’t get a horrible depressing fate in the end. Maybe Lando can be the sort success story of the entire GFFA in IX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrDarth0 likes this.
  6. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Virtually sacrificing himself in the process to make sure Jyn can get the tapes and reach the transmitting level, chances are he'd die from his wounds if Tarkin hadn't fired the DS on the installation.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  7. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I've just been thinking how great it'd be to have an episode where Cassian needs something from Naboo and uses Jar Jar as a guide. It'd be awesome to see Cassian interact with Jar Jar, and would give Ahmed some awesome material to work with. I sincerely doubt anything like that happens, but it'd be awesome.

cwustudent likes this.
  8. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    As much as I would like to see Ahmed get a Jar Jar redemption scenario - no thanks. Maybe they should throw him a bone and just give him an actual part in one of the films or series :cool:

cwustudent and GregMcP like this.
  9. Knight of Jedi Ren Sith

Knight of Jedi Ren Sith Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2018
    A show about a dead character seems a bit weird, until we consider that it's likely to have a strong noir element. In noir, whether we think of spies or detectives or even Southern Gothic milieus, a story about a doomed character, and all the ironies and absurdities that can make, is actually a perfect fit.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    cwustudent and Bor Mullet like this.
  10. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Weren't the prequels a series of movies about dead characters as well? ;)

11. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
  12. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015

My long standing opinion too.
    Give Ahmed a human part. But make him do the Jar Jar voice.

And Ewoks don't have that long a lifespan. All those Ewoks in Return of the Jedi? They're all dead too.

13. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    So possibly filming at a new location in England...? [face_thinking] Please, please give us Dantooine [face_praying]

Bor Mullet likes this.
  14. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Dartmoor - called Darthomoor

V-2 likes this.
  15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I know. I mean, when did we ever get a story about a dead character in Star Wars before? Never. Definitely never.

SilentGuy66 and Daneira like this.
  16. Troy_Viszla

Troy_Viszla Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 2, 2018
    The possibility of Chameos in this series is enough to get me really excited.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  17. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    So long as they are not on the nose... :cool:

Eg - Anakin building C3PO, the two thugs from ANH on Jedha, Darth Maul in Solo (only because to the av person he was dead) etc

I love the idea of IG-88, Dengar, Bossk etc but when you watch ROTJ some of these characters are on Jabbas sail barge when it explodes, so it might be something we have to pretend not to notice haha

EDIT - Sorry, forgot I was in the Cassian Andor thread and not The Mandalorian one :D Yes, they could have all kinds of cameos! I guess my "on the nose" comment still stands... But being an espionage series you could definitely throw in some high profile Imperials like The Emperor, Vader, Tarkin etc :vader::emperor:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  18. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Please no more uncanny valley zombified CGI faces...

Theo333 likes this.
  19. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I was completely against them until I saw RO. GMT was great! Leia was just off slightly but close enough for me not to care :cool: Hologram would be a good way to get around some of the Imperial hierarchy making an appearance... ?

my kind of scum and Bor Mullet like this.
  20. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    I was open to the idea until I saw RO, now I think it's highly disrespectful.

Tarkin looked like a camp zombie from the uncanny valley. He didn't act like Peter Cushing (all that exaggerated motion, it was a little like someone had been asked to describe Tarkin through the medium of dance). Leia looked like a soft focussed corpse brought to life using stop motion animation. Every time either of them was onscreen I was ripped out of the story and confronted with the awfulness of the situation.

It was a worthwhile experiment, but one that must never be repeated.

cwustudent likes this.
  21. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    My wife, who isn’t a Star Wars fan (but loved Rogue One) had no idea Tarkin’s face was CGI. We saw the film three times, and then I told her. She didn’t believe me until she Googled it. So...yeah. It was very well done. But I can understand why it might not work for some.

my kind of scum and avcpl like this.
  22. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    I hear stuff like that and I guess it's a bit of a blue dress silver dress type of perception thing. I'm in the group of people who find CGI faces repulsive.

The digital Cushing face model was apparently extrapolated from the mould for the mask he had made for Top Secret, which I think explains a lot:
    [​IMG]

23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    The interesting thing is that she’s a very visual person (and professional artist). She just wasn’t expecting the character to be CGI, because he was an old human, and she didn’t see it. The mind is an interesting organ.

24. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Yeah, everyone I know that didn't know ahead of time that Tarkin and Leia were CGI didn't know when they saw the film.

Personally, I think Tarkin was perfect, and Leia looked a bit weird.

25. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    My one quibble with it is I felt maybe they could have kept the camera back further, the only time you could tell with Tarkin was the close-up shots with the lip movements. You'd go a way to eliminate all of that by just keeping him a few feet back at all times.

Still, the tech's ridiculously good now though. Between Tarkin/Leia and the MCU stuff, I'm kind of shocked by how far it's come from how god-awful Bridges looked in Tron a few years back. Circa 2010/2011 I'd never have ventured they'd be doing near-indistinguishable humans just a couple of years out from then, seemed like it was still a long time off.