main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Andor Official "Andor" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Outsourced, Nov 8, 2018.

1. StarWarsNewbieNumber99

StarWarsNewbieNumber99 Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2019
    Well, Chris, CNBC is suggesting the final season of Clone Wars will drop in early 2020: https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/05/03/the-hottest-star-wars-collectible-is-ahsoka-tano.html. On the other hand, Entertainment Weekly’s Anthony Breznican in his Star Wars 2019 preview EW article (https://ew.com/movies/star-wars-projects-coming-in-2019/amp/) says late 2019, however, that was before CNBC’s report this month.

All we do know however is that Clone Wars Season 7 is coming “WITHIN Year One” of Disney Plus’s launch. So, maybe around SDCC, D23 or NYCC, we’ll learn more information.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  2. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah, I'm leaning towards EW, mostly because I know Breznican has done a fair bit of Star Wars reporting in the past and suspect he has more details than CNBC, but also because that means we get it sooner. But I think we'll likely have to wait until D23 in August for a definitive date.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  3. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Kinda surprised it'd take more than a year between season 1 and season 2 of the animated stuff, but at the same time can't really recall if that was the case with CW & Rebels, might have been.

Not getting a live-action series/season each and every year makes sense though, kinda figure there'll be an occasional year we won't, going forward.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  4. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Animation requires a long lead time to get up and running.

As for the live action series, I could see them ultimately running like the Marvel Netflix series did, with 2-3 series per year, once they get up and running.

Demon4x4 likes this.
  5. indydefense

indydefense Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    The thought just occurred to me: Could this series be a reworking of Lucas's Underworld TV show?

chrcharcor2 likes this.
  6. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Interesting idea, wasn't that one more about the Emperor though?

Every time this is mentioned I keep thinking back to that Star Wars 1313 game they cancelled.
    Now imagine if they turned THAT into a tv series!

7. indydefense

indydefense Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    That was part of it, but the main focus of the show was organized crime in the Coruscant underworld.

My understanding is that 1313 was supposed to tie into the TV series.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    Hopeless likes this.
  8. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    Now what if this starts with Cassian held aboard that ship as a prisoner but during that raid he escapes and its about him figuring his way back off world and during that is when he encounters and employs his reprogrammed former imperial security droid?

indydefense likes this.
  9. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    We already have the story about Cassian meeting K2-SO.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

10. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    Sigh something else I need to catch up on!

11. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    From the dialogue in RO it would seem Cassian has a lot of baggage in terms of doing things that don't sit well with his conscience, murder and blackmail could be two of those.

12. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    So, what are the chances of Poe's parents being in this show?

13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Approximately 3720 to 1.

EHT and Bor Mullet like this.
  14. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    Why do you say that?

15. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    At least one of them was probably at Yavin.

16. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I’m just gonna go ahead and give this show a 5 out of 5 star review.

Demon4x4 likes this.
  17. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    Compared to the recent Batwoman trailer its going to be hard for it to be worse!
    Sorry for bringing that up, but after she guest starred in that crossover the teaser really messed that up!
    Now if they can match the Mandalorian teaser then we're in business!

18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    It’s a shame that it had a Lifetime Made for TV vibe, as I was pretty excited about a lesbian, Jewish batwoman. We’ll see.

But who are you talking about? Who guest starred in what crossover? And what does it have to do with the Cassian show?

19. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    DC shows are always fighting an uphill battle before they start with Warner Bros telling them what they can use and what characters are off the table. WB are terrified these shows create characters that are far more popular on TV than their films, Deathstoke and Deadshot being prime examples.

Anyway back to CA, I'm just guessing but I think the show will be more Bridge of Spies than Saving Private Ryan, or may be somewhere in the middle. The Empire will be represented by an uber baddie in the mould of Krennic, being the direct representative of the Emperor.

20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    It’s been explicitly described as a spy thriller (and Cassian is a spy/ intelligence officer), so it’ll definitely be more the former than the latter. Why would anyone be expecting SVP?

21. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    Some people seem to be expecting an action orientated, heavily militaristic drama.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  22. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Well, they should adjust those expectations based on the official description of the show...

23. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Also the battle of Scarif is supposed to be like the first big/large scale battle between the rebellion and empire. I’m sure the show will have plenty of good action, but along the lines of spying and sabotage, maybe stealing x wings and supplies and such.

R.D. likes this.
  24. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Yeah. Not that we'd be likely to get any huge all-out-hot-war battles in a TV show anyway, but hopefully canon-wise anything prior to Scarif is only about as big as the stuff on Rebels tops.

Thinking it'll be way more The Americans anyway, lots of sneaking & deception & stealing. Shooting a stormie here and there, sure, but this'll (hopefully anyway) be more street-level & quiet. Tense and grim but not particularly flashy.

R.D. likes this.
  25. Hopeless

Oct 28, 2006
    I actually liked the crossover where they introduced her.
    I mentioned this because I hope the Cassian trailer is as good as what we've seen with the Mandalorian teasers.
    That's all.

Bor Mullet likes this.