main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST CAST ANNOUNCEMENT FOR EPISODE IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Pro Scoundrel , Jul 27, 2018.

1. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
  2. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
  3. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    YES! One cannot end the Skywalker Saga without Skywalkers. This is good.

FN1971 and Jedha like this.
  4. deathfromabove

deathfromabove Jedi Master star 2

Feb 18, 2007
    They really have no faith in the new cast being able to carry a Star Wars movie on thier own do they?

FN1971 and Jedha like this.
  5. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    1.Force ghost Luke.

2.Small unused Leia scenes for closure

3.Obligatory C-3PO appearance.

4.Establishing what Lando's been up to.

How do any of these factors seem like their driving the plot compared to the new cast?????

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  6. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    That's one way of looking at it. It's a largely baseless way, but it's a way.

Lukers, jaqen, Revanfan1 and 13 others like this.
  7. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    I am delighted with the casting news. I'm glad we'll see Carrie again.

jaqen and FN1971 like this.
  8. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    No mention of Keri Russell or Andy Serkis.

LunarMoth likes this.
  9. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    yes!! They did what i hoped with leia: use unused footage :) She'll have just a cameo i suppose but glad she's in the movie..

Mark Hamill is in the movie, expected but it wasnt 100% sure...a scene or two? or more? we'll see...i doubt he'll have a large role but who knows.

Snoke and Phasma are dead. good. very good. good for phasma and no more silly speculation for Snoke.

Maz is back? didnt see that coming....pirate allies eubplot or useless small cameo?

Where is Keri Russel? She's either not or she s just not part of the main cast.

The end of the skywalker saga. If course they were going to market it luke this :)

10. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
  11. eko32eko7

eko32eko7 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 10, 2018
    I have to admit, this tidbit caused me to become more emotional than I had anticipated.

12. Tyrian

Tyrian Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 5, 2000
    TLDR Summary: Even the most apathetic, jaded SW fan currently, wont miss a chance to see Carrie / Leia on screen again (your last chance to say goodbye), Luke return, Lando reappear, and the 'conclusion to the Skywalker saga'.

All of that combined will sell the ticket to even the most jaded fans, and more importantly, pull in mass audiences who want to see how it all pans out with legendary characters they are nostalgic for... and have cared about for decades.

This was the sort of cast announcement IX needed.

13. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    They've updated the official announcement to confirm her involvement.

14. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    I have to say that I like the casting choices they've made. All solid.

15. eko32eko7

eko32eko7 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 10, 2018
    [​IMG]

16. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Lovely that they're going to find a way to bring back Carrie on screen one last time.

And of course it's great to hear Mark/Luke is coming back.

No complaints from me about any of these cast announcements. =D=

Darkslayer, jaqen, Revanfan1 and 3 others like this.
  17. SKYGUY23

SKYGUY23 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2014
    So happy to see Carrie and Mark confirmed. Never had a doubt. In JJ I trust

jaqen and DaddlerTheDalek like this.
  18. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Can't win can they?
    Damned by fans either way.

19. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    It's the end of the Skywalker Saga....why wouldn't some of the old caste be involved? I mean Carrie Fisher was supposed to be the guiding Mentor figure in this film...but real life made that impossible.

20. comet1440

comet1440 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 25, 2004
    I agree, they are using the OT characters like a crutch. Nothing was added to any of their stories, they are just used as props to sell tickets. I have to imagine they wanted Mark and Carrie's name in this announcement so that they can bleed as much cash as possible out of the fanbase. Creative Integrity is Zero. JJ can't direct. The story has nowhere to go. I will go to the premiere just because, but I expect to be disappointed.

21. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    I went back and looked at the VIII casting announcement for clues:

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-viii-now-filming

Holdo, DJ & Rose all announced then but really only them. No Canaddy. No Peavy. No D’acy. So, these characters mentioned right below the returning cast are going to be far more than just small cameos. These are significant supporting cast roles who’ll be big parts of full arcs.

22. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Hmmm....not sure if this was meant as trolling or not. [face_dunno]

23. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    When I first read this, I didn't see Keri Russell's name on the announcement. Either I missed it or they added her in after.

It looks like they played it safe and tried to gather in what they can to get the fan based more involved. I am interested in seeing what the new cast has to offer and what roles they will be playing.

The final installment of the Skywalker saga. We were talking about this in the thread about the hook LF will use. A lot of people suggested that they should advertise this as the last installment of the Skywalker story. Looks like LF has been lurking around here and taking advice. While, I would always leave the possibility for future installments in the Skywalker saga (without them turning bad from now on), I believe it is the right call for now. 10 years from now, they could always go back. George said Revenge would be the last SW film.

It was cool for them to bring up "veteran Star Wars actors." Seeing Anthony Daniels, Mark and Billy in the same sentence made me want to smile. Makes me wish Harrison was with them for one more go around, though if he were to appear in the film in any shape or form, they wouldn't announce it now.

Carrie Fisher. I believe they made the right choice for this. What astounds me though is that they have footage from TFA to put into this movie. I am very intrigued how they will make this work and could be a selling point for the movie. You would think there would also be some deleted stuff from TLJ, but I don't think TLJ had much reshoots like TFA had so it makes sense. I just want to know what was shot. I feel like it has to be on the base. Would they possibly go back to the base in 9? We will see. Very interested.

John Williams obviously is great. Besides Rey's theme, not much has really stuck out with me in this trilogy but the fact that he's been here for all of them is a very nice touch.

As far as the crew list goes, I am glad KK is here to finish this trilogy. Despite the way things have gone, the hatred she has received has been very annoying and I actually want her to succeed. The rest of the names are familiar, but most of them must be JJ's guys.

So there are a lot of points to get excited about. Reading this ramped up my interest, and with RJ out of the picture for this movie, I am a tad excited. Where do they go from here? Well now they have to make the main characters interesting and appealing during previews/photos/etc. There was only one sentence for them. No mention about their characters. All of the focus seems to be catering to the OT era, which is ok for now. I don't think the older characters will steal the spotlight like they did in the first two movies as long as they are compelling.

Side note: Wish they announced Mike Quinn as Nien Nunb. I am sure he will be in it.

24. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    They sure didn't lurk here for advice.

Selling it that way was always going to be the case.

25. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Of course they did! We know everything, dontcha know??? ;)