main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Castaways of Endor sees the light of day

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DarthBroox, Dec 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cull_Tremayne

Cull_Tremayne Jedi Master star 2

Jun 27, 2005
    This is interesting, and not just because it's funny to ponder what the Gupins and the Duloks would trade with one another. It also seems odd that a siege would work on the Gupins. Outside their fortress is basically a desert, but inside their fortress is something of an oasis. Also, as long as the Gupins have access to the Juniper Chest, they could transform into those beasts from "Land of the Gupins" and beat back the Duloks.

Then again, since according to "Castaways of Endor", any shapeshifting troubles for Gupins are purely psychological, perhaps the Duloks figured out how to suppress the Force, or "curse" them?

Great article Dan and Amy. I had a question about something in the article. According to "Castaways", the Free Enterprise, containing hundreds of Tulgah and Jindas, crash landed on the forest moon 130 BBY, which is the source of those species being on Endor. I was wondering, where does the 130 number come from? Was it just chosen arbitrarily, in order to give enough time for a flourishing population of those species as of 3 ABY?

I ask because in "Sunstar vs. Shadowstone", Logray is talking with Morag and says something like:

For two hundred snows you've plagued us, how could I forget you?

With that in mind, it would seem that Morag has been on Endor for over 200 years, a good time before than the crash landing in 130 BBY. Since Endor has a 402 day year with 18 hour days, I guess they have a relatively shorter year than the standard year of 368 days (something like 300 days), but that still is a bit off. Since even with that in mind, Morag has been plaguing the Ewoks for something like 160 years Coruscant time. Still a good 30 years before the crash landing.

So, in your professional opinion :D, what's the best way to deal with this? According to the Star Wars Encyclopedia, most Tulgah are great healers, with Morag being an exception, having turned her powers to evil. I suppose this could be evidence that she was "cast out", leading her to Endor somehow (attracted by Force relics?)

Also, according to "Castaways", the sunstar gem, the shadowstone, the relic in the Juniper Chest, and the season scepter are all Force relics. With that in mind, should we understand all the other "magical" objects on Endor as the same sort of things? That is, are Gracca's crystal cloak, the Totem Master's ring, the Raich's cap, the magic rock and ring, from Caravan of Courage, etc. also implied to be Force relics?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.