main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Casting Couch

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Sinrebirth , Jul 31, 2019.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Imagine.

As Games Masters sieve the unknown depths of the Player Base, they think to themselves - ‘I want them for that role,’ or perhaps ‘I wonder what someone could do with this?’ They needed a place to advertise that role - to wonder aloud, perhaps even to interview and learn lines with them...

The Moderators of RPF City answered the question, erecting a building at the edge of the RPR, a billboard hanging outside the front, double doors ready to be thrown open dramatically for the first audition.

—-
    The Rules

It is what it is. A role can be opened to the greater RPF, and then players may come and see. Please make sure of the below, and you are welcome to PM a Mod to change the title of the thread to add, say, ‘Now casting for...’

Game: (Name of game)
    Type of game: (Star Wars, Thriller, Historical Earth, etc)
    Role type; (Canon, Legends, Original Character)
    Role Status: (Open, Closed, Pending)
    Description of the role:
    "Looking for someone to go back in time with me. Must be fun and adventurous. Safety not guaranteed."

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Game: The Epitaph Between
    Type of game: Star Wars
    Role type; Canon and Legends and Original (convince me)
    Role Status: Pending
    Description of the role:
    I am looking for a fifth student to complete the roster for my second class of students! The name's the Master, and mastering is my game! There's prophecy afoot, but heresy answers it, and there is something afoot. Almost any species is acceptable!

Please see https://boards.theforce.net/threads/the-epitaph-between-prologue.50051704/ currently played by @Corellian_Outrider and @TheAdmiral! There are... other players, but one must keep some secrets!

The... well, one could say prequel to this game is the on-going https://boards.theforce.net/threads/a-star-wars-story-between-epitaphs.50051283/ with our own @HanSolo29, @QueenSabe7, @Mitth-Fisto, @Kev-Mas_Colcha, and @Jerjerrod-Lennox!

3. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Nice thread, Sinre!
    ;)

Sinrebirth and QueenSabe7 like this.
  4. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Oh I like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Game: Intersections of Time (A Clone Wars Roleplay)
    Role type; Canon
    Role Status: Open
    Description of the role:
    Looking for someone to play either Anakin Skywalker, Padme Amidala or Obi-Wan Kenobi. Please note that while this is somewhat of an AU there canon is in effect in many ways. Please PM me your adaptions after reading over my game description.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  6. Lawbreaker

Lawbreaker Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 21, 2018
    Game: you should see me in a CROWN
    Type of game: Thriller
    Role type; Original Characters
    Description of the role: I look for two players, who play mortal enemies in a very deadly game of cat-and-mouse in contemporary Europe (Berlin or London). Both have psychological issues they have to deal with and which put them on a collision course. This is NOT a sequel to DROWN. Just to end that rumor. Details to those interested via PM.

CLOSED

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  7. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Got my spot!

8. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Game: Paradoxical Echoes

Type of game: Original Trilogy Canon-Legends Hybrid, 2 BBY

Role type: Imperial (TIE Pilot, Crewmen, Stormtrooper, etc). We're trying to avoid "special ops" characters or anyone higher then a Staff Sergeant (for Stormtroopers) or Ensign for Crewmen. We're trying to develop characters to that "special" level through story.

Role Status: Open (multiple openings)

Description of the role: Characters that can grow upwards & outwards; we don't want Rambo and we don't want Maverick. We want...that guy who died in "Rogue One". Yeah, that guy or girl, who no one remembers. But dang it, his/her death meant something...even if it was to make Disney billions. But the point being, we want Han who becomes an unsuspecting hero of Han Solo in "Solo".

Our game has reached a way-point of shorts and now is the best time of any to jump in.

9. Lawbreaker

Lawbreaker Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 21, 2018
    Game: you should see me in a CROWN
    Role type; Original Characters
    Description of the role: The game is up and CSes are flowing in. So one spot I would love to close. In a game set in a world as corrupt as possible, I look for the one honest cop in town who tries to make a difference! It is not a game about heroes ... says who? His partner is already signed up, a case is waiting to be solved and justice needs to be served!

CLOSED

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  10. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    Game: Death Note (Working Title)
    Role type; Original Character
    Description of the role: I look for someone to fill a main role in this upcoming game loosely based on the Death Note series. Many more details can be given in PMs for those who are interested.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  11. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    Game: 10 ABY(Perseverance of the First Order)
    Type of game: Star Wars/ episodic format like each character is the main character in the mandalorian(their own show)
    Role type: Original Characters
    Description of the role: currently looking for 1-2 more players who are interested in running episodes(maybe even some disconnected anthology episodes) in the roles of a blunter hunter or criminal.

Character sheet backgrounds are not required. I like the feel the mandalorian gives off where the viewer only gets insight into his back story and the focus is on what the character is doing now. PM if interested, thank you everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Hey guys, small update! Looking for a specific role

Type of game: Star Wars/ episodic format (their own show)
    Description of the role: A true imperial. A motivated, hard working survivor who takes on the goal of establishing the first order in the unknown regions.

PM if interested in this role or you have a different character in mind. Thanks everyone for the interest.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  13. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    [​IMG]

Game: Star Wars: Black Sheep
    Role type: Original Character
    Role Status: This casting call is closed, though the game is always open to new pilot characters.
    Description of the role: Looking for players to play the roles of Rebel prisoners of war in an Imperial POW camp. This could be a limited time role for a player (for just this mission) or it could turn into a full time gig (if your character survives the mission and you'd like to stay on with us). See the Shearing Shed resource thread for details about the game and examples of other NPC POWs or PM me directly if you have any questions. Completed Character Sheets to be PMed to the GM.

Last edited: May 10, 2021
  14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Game: Star Wars: Last Stand
    Role Status: Several openings
    Description of the role: Looking for players to play pilots! GA pilots, Confederate pilots, third party pilots. This could be a short term role (for this arc) or it could turn into a reoccurring character gig. PM me directly if you have any questions. Completed Character Sheets to be PMed to the GMs, myself and @Adalia-Durron.

As the Galactic Alliance confront Corellia over their resurrection of an ancient superweapon, the Sith manipulate the conflict into a new galactic civil war between the GA and the secessionist Confederation, with Jacen Solo, secretly Darth Caedus, leading a coup of the civilian government of the GA with Admiral Niathal. As the Hapans and Jedi abandon the GA for the scorching of Kashyyyk, the Confederation advances on Coruscant, Jacen enacts a dastardly Plan to turn the tide, and the superweapon nears completion!

With @galactic-vagabond422, @Anedon, @I_am_Kooky, @Corellian_Outrider, @The Real Kyp Durron, @adaml83, and @darthbernael!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  15. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    Game: The Yakuza: Territory War
    Type of game: Historical Earth/Drama
    Role type; Original
    Description of the role: Looking for several players to join the new game The Yakuza: Territory War, the first in a planned series which is set in post-WW2 Japan, and follows Yakuza members in a brutal, exciting and merciless story for power and money. Preferred characters would be soon-to-be Yakuza members or already in, but this by no means has to be what you be!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  16. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Game: Solo 2 - No Trust Among Thieves
    Type of game: Star Wars to the Original Motion Picture SOLO
    Role type; Canon, Legends, Original Characters
    Role Status: Closed
    Description of the role: The game will be a direct sequel to the movie Solo, setting in a year after the movie and will follow the continued adventures of young Han Solo, Chewbacca and their friends. I look for permanent players and supporting roles who take just a few scenes.

What will it be about? Well, a year after the events of Solo Han and Chewie are desperately looking for a job and get involved in a quest to find the heir of a planet without a ruler. We will see how Han met Boba Fett, what happened at Tanaab, how Boba Fett gets along with the Mandalorian clans and what this maneuver of Lando was all about and many more things . . . only the moves and TV Shows are canon here.

I am looking for:

Han Solo
    Chewbacca
    Boba Fett
    Lando Calrissian
    Q‘ira
    The Villain (please PM me about it)
    The Hunter (please PM me about it)
    Jabba the Hutt (guest role)

Any unsavy characters from the underworld
    Any members from the royal families of a planet called Tanaab

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  17. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Game: Episode X - The End of Harmony
    Description of the role:

Episode X - The End of Harmony is a game set a hundred years after Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker and shows a new generation of Heroes and Villains drawn into a new era of conflict between the two super-powers of the galaxy, the Third Republic and the Jedi Order and the Free Systems and their mysterious allies The Legion.

I am looking for players for various storylines.

Jedi - The Jedi Order has been rebuild by Rey Skywalker and the Jedi have been the guardians of a hundred years of peace and prosperity known as The Harmony. Their allegiance lies with the Third Republic. As the war begins they see themselves confronted by a mysterious enemy who targets them. The game got room for Jedi of any kind below the Jedi Council level.

Third Republic Military - A great deal of the game will be the military response of the Third Republic as it is attacked. Pilots, special forces, and infantry are all good choices.

Smugglers and the Fringe - Those who consider themselves neutral and exist on the fringes of society might have a bigger role to play then expected. I am open to any kind of unsavory character, but especially looking for the crew of one specific smuggling vessel: The Nightflyer

Politics - The Third Republic has many factions and interests united in the galactic Senate on Chandrila. They will face their own challenges, as the age of harmony comes to a violent end and treacherous elements work from inside the Republic to erode the unity of it.

18. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Game: The Last Cop in the Galaxy
    Type of game: Star Wars Supernatural; episodic story
    Description of the role: An original character(a detective) at the beginning of their career(19 BBY) or the end(1 ABY).; The character will be shared with another player who will take on the other option.

Inspired by franchises such as Fringe, Supernatural, the X files, and The Twilight Zone.

The game will be a supernatural, monster of the week type of game with an overarching story that is focused on the player character. The character begins as a nonbeliever and skeptic(similar to Han Solo in Episode IV) while the character closer to retirement has a long history of dealing with the supernatural and is a believer.

The character sheet for the character will be a collaborative effort between the GM and the two players with certain character traits biographical information being set in stone.

Currently looking for one more player. Thank you for the interest and I am open to answer any questions anyone may have.

Last edited: May 18, 2020
    Kurisan and Master Vo'Un'Var like this.
  19. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    Game: The Strange Case of Ethan Carter
    Role type; Original Character
    Description of the role:

This meant to be a two player investigative adventure that fulfills my old dream of doing a Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson game.

The Roles:

Sherlock Holmes (CLOSED - LordTroepfchen)
    Dr. John Watson (CLOSED - Reynar_Tedros)

Guest Spot:

Professor Moriarty (CLOSED - DarkLordoftheFins)

Generally I will leave players all freedom to interpret the character as they see fit. Anyone interested? Please PM me for details.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    Reynar_Tedros likes this.
  20. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Type of game: Star Wars/ episodic format (their own show)
    Description of the roles: Currently looking for an Imperial Knight precursor. The first in an order that heavily resembles the Imperial Knights from the legacy era in the EU. This knight will not be part of the First Order.

The game is also still open for 1-2 more players with no set role. As we’re now approaching episode 5, I am seeking to expand the activity of the Imperial Remnant.

PM if interested in this role or you have a different character in mind. Thanks everyone for the interest.

21. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Game: Untitled Power Rangers RPG

Type of game: Science Fiction, Thriller

Description of the role: I need five “teenagers with attitude” for my reimagined take on the Power Rangers franchise. No prior knowledge of the series is necessary. I am gauging interest before launch, as I do need a full roster of five Rangers before going ahead. Please shoot me a PM if you are interested.

[​IMG]

22. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Game: The Darkening
    Type of game: Drama
    Role type: Original characters, as human and realistic as possible
    Description of the role:

First all humans vanished from one moment to the other, then the plants grew at a speed impossible by any natural explanation. The world ended so quickly and silent it was almost anti-climatic. No warnings or news. Suddenly it was simply over.

You are among those very few who survived the apocalypse. The game will be a game of redemption and a journey of the characters to face their own humanity or lack of it. I require rather complex characters and the game will be limited to a maximum of five players. One I already got. If I get another two, this game is gonna happen.

Every character must have been in Berlin when the Event happened.

Yes, the game is connected to The Seeking, but no knowledge of the other game is necessary at all. It actually plays out in 2024, therefore years later.

For any questions, my PM box is open!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  23. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Game: Wasteland Samurai Motorcycle Club

Type of game: Post-apocalyptic action thriller

Description of the role: The Wasteland deserts are plagued with bandits and marauders seeking to prey on the innocent and defenseless. It needs protectors, and that’s where you come in. As a member of Samurai MC, you will patrol the Wasteland on the back of your two-wheeled steed. All you need is uncompromising loyalty to the Samurai and the strength to protect the Wasteland. The rest is up to you.

Master Vo'Un'Var likes this.
  24. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Game: Elite Galactic Wrestling: The Tournament Arc
    Type of game: Star Wars, Sports, Entertainment
    Description of the role: Suit up in your best spandex, and be ready to take to the squared circle. The titles are up for grabs and anyone could win them. A tag team wrestler looking to break out on their own, leaving their partner behind. A young talent looking to strap a rocket to their back and take the wrestling world by storm. A veteran that has been around years and years and never had the chance to hold the title, was never even given a shot. The legend looking for one last run with the gold before hanging up their boots.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    Kurisan likes this.
  25. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    Game: The Visitor
    Type of game: Science-fiction thriller
    Role status; Open
    Description of the role: I seek two more players for my new game, The Visitor, before we launch and the game closes. You can play anything you want as long as you manage to weave it into the story, though certain government roles are excluded. PM me for any questions.

Kurisan likes this.