main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Greetings, Guest

The Fall 2019 RPF Awards is in the voting phase over in the Resource Forum.

Be sure to swing by, view the nominees and cast your vote (via PM) before the 26th November.

OOC Casting Couch

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Sinrebirth , Jul 31, 2019.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Immortal Mod-King of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Imagine.

As Games Masters sieve the unknown depths of the Player Base, they think to themselves - ‘I want them for that role,’ or perhaps ‘I wonder what someone could do with this?’ They needed a place to advertise that role - to wonder aloud, perhaps even to interview and learn lines with them...

The Moderators of RPF City answered the question, erecting a building at the edge of the RPR, a billboard hanging outside the front, double doors ready to be thrown open dramatically for the first audition.

—-
    The Rules

It is what it is. A role can be opened to the greater RPF, and then players may come and see. Please make sure of the below, and you are welcome to PM a Mod to change the title of the thread to add, say, ‘Now casting for...’

Game: (Name of game)
    Type of game: (Star Wars, Thriller, Historical Earth, etc)
    Role type; (Canon, Legends, Original Character)
    Role Status: (Open, Closed, Pending)
    Description of the role:
    "Looking for someone to go back in time with me. Must be fun and adventurous. Safety not guaranteed."

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Immortal Mod-King of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Game: The Epitaph Between
    Type of game: Star Wars
    Role type; Canon and Legends and Original (convince me)
    Role Status: Pending
    Description of the role:
    I am looking for a fifth student to complete the roster for my second class of students! The name's the Master, and mastering is my game! There's prophecy afoot, but heresy answers it, and there is something afoot. Almost any species is acceptable!

Please see https://boards.theforce.net/threads/the-epitaph-between-prologue.50051704/ currently played by @Corellian_Outrider and @TheAdmiral! There are... other players, but one must keep some secrets!

The... well, one could say prequel to this game is the on-going https://boards.theforce.net/threads/a-star-wars-story-between-epitaphs.50051283/ with our own @HanSolo29, @QueenSabe7, @Mitth-Fisto, @Kev-Mas_Colcha, and @Jerjerrod-Lennox!

3. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Nice thread, Sinre!
    ;)

Sinrebirth and QueenSabe7 like this.
  4. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Oh I like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Silent and Friendly Mod of SWTV and SWC. star 6 Staff Member Manager

Jul 15, 2014
    Game: Intersections of Time (A Clone Wars Roleplay)
    Type of game: Star Wars
    Role type; Canon
    Role Status: Open
    Description of the role:
    Looking for someone to play either Anakin Skywalker, Padme Amidala or Obi-Wan Kenobi. Please note that while this is somewhat of an AU there canon is in effect in many ways. Please PM me your adaptions after reading over my game description.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  6. Lawbreaker

Lawbreaker Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 21, 2018
    Game: you should see me in a CROWN
    Type of game: Thriller
    Role type; Original Characters
    Description of the role: I look for two players, who play mortal enemies in a very deadly game of cat-and-mouse in contemporary Europe (Berlin or London). Both have psychological issues they have to deal with and which put them on a collision course. This is NOT a sequel to DROWN. Just to end that rumor. Details to those interested via PM.

CLOSED

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  7. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2007
    Got my spot!

8. Bravo

Bravo Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Game: Paradoxical Echoes

Type of game: Original Trilogy Canon-Legends Hybrid, 2 BBY

Role type: Imperial (TIE Pilot, Crewmen, Stormtrooper, etc). We're trying to avoid "special ops" characters or anyone higher then a Staff Sergeant (for Stormtroopers) or Ensign for Crewmen. We're trying to develop characters to that "special" level through story.

Role Status: Open (multiple openings)

Description of the role: Characters that can grow upwards & outwards; we don't want Rambo and we don't want Maverick. We want...that guy who died in "Rogue One". Yeah, that guy or girl, who no one remembers. But dang it, his/her death meant something...even if it was to make Disney billions. But the point being, we want Han who becomes an unsuspecting hero of Han Solo in "Solo".

Our game has reached a way-point of shorts and now is the best time of any to jump in.

Sinrebirth and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  9. Lawbreaker

Lawbreaker Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 21, 2018
    Game: you should see me in a CROWN
    Role type; Original Characters
    Description of the role: The game is up and CSes are flowing in. So one spot I would love to close. In a game set in a world as corrupt as possible, I look for the one honest cop in town who tries to make a difference! It is not a game about heroes ... says who? His partner is already signed up, a case is waiting to be solved and justice needs to be served!

CLOSED

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  10. Master Vo'Un'Var

Master Vo'Un'Var Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    Game: Death Note (Working Title)
    Role type; Original Character
    Description of the role: I look for someone to fill a main role in this upcoming game loosely based on the Death Note series. Many more details can be given in PMs for those who are interested.

Sinrebirth likes this.