main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Catching a Dream; (Anakin/Tahiri, very AU) - COMPLETED 9/25

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Anakin_Solo, Aug 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    50!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, yeah, there's a new post on the previous page :).

2. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
  3. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    Ah.... togetherness. ;)

Well, Tahiri was a little scary in that post, Kev. ;)

4. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Bossk sat alone in his office. It was long after nightfall. Thunderstorms had passed by without any real incident, and everything seemed perfectly normal. Naturally, something was wrong. Five bounty hunters sat before them. All were unarmed, but otherwise appeared to be simply normal bounty hunters. Nothing about them suggested anything unusual.

But something about them was unusual. They had failed. They had failed pitifully. For that, Bossk decided, there was no forgiveness. The Trandoshan had been hailed as the most ruthless leader the Guild--especially after elimintating the Guild Council and assuming direct control.

"Let's go over this again," Bossk growled. "I promised our associates a Jedi. We found a Jedi. Miss Veila decided to betray us. You were sent to bring her and the Jedi to me. I see you, but I do not see Tahiri and the Jedi. Do you know what that makes you?"

Bossk studied the bounty hunters. The failures, he corrected himself. The nothings. Most of them were human--Bossk hated humans. They were pitiful excuses for sapient beings. Their blood was not cold, but warm. They had no scales to speak of, only a strange type of fur on their head. They had no appreciation for anger or rage. It was maddening how hopelessly inferior they were.

"In trouble?" one of the bounty hunters guessed.

"Dead," Bossk corrected. He depressed a red button on his desk. Floor panels opened before all five men and their chairs tilted forward, dumping them in. Once the screams subsided, Bossk finally turned to his HoloNet terminal. Though the man on the other end was one he had once considered an enemy, he was also quite useful. And anyone who wants to live long doesn?t cross him. Even the head of the Bounty Hunter?s Guild would not cross this man, for he was the most dangerous man in the galaxy. "I'm sorry to keep you waiting," Bossk said. "I had something to dispose of."

"No matter," the hologram replied. "What is it you need done?"

"Master Fett, I think you'll find this task is perfectly suited to your abilities."

5. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    Hey, it's Boba Fett!

But he can't match the unstoppable duo of a Jedi and an also-very-good bounty hunter!

6. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Eeeek, I keep missing posts! At least they aren't very long. :)

This is really heating up. :D I can't wait to find out what happens! Will Anakin have to fight Boba Fett?

7. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Like Vergere told Jacen -- you will find no answers in me ;).

8. CoolSaber

CoolSaber Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 8, 2002
    [face_shocked]

:D

Great post!

9. Jedi_Knight_Satine

Jedi_Knight_Satine Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2002
    Great posts! Yay! Tahiri 'freed' Anakin!

10. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Anakin stood alone in the center of a vast whirlwind. At least, he was fairly certain it was a whirlwind. The wind was impossibly fast, and he couldn't see anything. He ran forward, but the vortex must've been following him, because he remained trapped. Trapped... He turned and ran for the opposite side, but the winds picked him off his feet, sweeping him into the air. He fought against the wind, his arms and legs flailing wildly, but it was wind. There was no way to fight it.

You're helpless. You've been helpless quite a few times lately. You don't like that feeling, do you?

Anakin blinked in surprise. The voice was Tahiri's. What was she doing here?

"Tahiri!" Anakin called out. "You have to get away, this vortex--"

No. She doesn't have to get away. You do. You don't understand at all, do you?

This voice was harsh and repirmanding. Anakin didn't even recongize it, but he didn't like it. "What are you talking about? Who are you? What am I doing here?"

Anakin, don't ask questions that can only be answered by your own heart. Open yourself to your emotions, but don't let them control you. Think. Be calm, serene. A Jedi is in control of any and all situations.

"Uncle Luke?" Anakin was slowly beginning to realize this was a dream. But it was like no other dream he had ever had. "What's going on here?" Anakin demanded outloud.

You think you are free, but you are still trapped. Tahiri's voice again. You must free yourself.

Anakin continued trying to fight the vortex but inexplicably, tendrils of wind had somehow taken on solid form and were wrapped around his arms and legs. Anakin continued to struggle vainly. "I don't understand."

To free yourself, you must free me, Tahiri's voice explained. Free me from myself. Free me from my need to possess. And then I will be able to love.

"I don't know how to love," Anakin replied sadly. "I don't know if I can."

That, Tahiri's voice repied, is another thing we have in common.

"What must I do?"

Love is like this whirlwind. The more you struggle, the more you become entangled in it. You have but two choices. You can fight it, and become hopelessly entangled and end up hurting yourself and the person you have those feelings for. There was a long pause. Or you can surrender to it. And it will not be something that entangles you, that hinders you. It will be something that keeps you warm. Something that you take great joy in. Something that will become a constant in your life. Either way, Anakin, you will never be the same person again. But that isn't neccessarily a bad thing.

Just as Anakin started to understand, the dream faded. He awoke with a gasp.

11. Trila-SkySolo

Trila-SkySolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    AWesome post

12. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
    Yeah. Great post! Can't wait for more but I'm going to have to.

13. CoolSaber

Feb 8, 2002
    Great post!!!

14. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    OOoooh! Very descriptive!

Sort of.... no mush yet, but oh well. ;) I'm a very patient girl. :D

I like the analogy too.

15. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Trila-SkySolo- Thanks :).

Jedi_Knight_Satine- Thanks -- I try to post as quickly as I can, but I have a policy of quality above quantity :).

CoolSaber- Ok, I'm running out of new ways to say thanks, so I'll start alternating languages ;). Danke.

Sach- Thanks :). I'd log that as a near-mush-experience if you're keeping track ;). True, it wasn't fluffy and warm -- a tad philisophical -- but don't worry, mush will come :D. I can't write a story without mush :D. WHOOOOOOPS, was that a spoiler? ;)

16. CoolSaber

Feb 8, 2002
    Warm, Fluffy Mush. Can't wait! :D

17. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    FOUR

The world slowly began to fade back into existance.

Or, at least, that was what it seemed like from Tahiri's point of view. It was not a sudden explosion of awareness, startling in its intensity. One thing returned at a time. Pain. Her hand groped for the source of the pain, the blaster wound that should be there. She felt the burn, but it seemed mostly healed. Hearing returned next. At first, it was only her own breathing and heartbeat that she could hear. But gradually her awareness began to expand. Eventually, all of her senses returned. But it was a gradual process.

That was why she didn't notice that Anakin's arms around her at first.

Even when she did notice, it took a moment for the implications of this to sink in. She could hear his rhythmic breathing. She felt herself move ever so slightly as the young Jedi's chest rose and fell with each breath.

Unconsciously, Tahiri found herself snuggling close to him. The warmth of his body against hers was comforting. Maybe she was dead. Maybe the blaster wound had been fatal. If so, this wasn't bad as far as afterlives went.

Tahiri finally returned to full awareness, and almost immediately jumped out of his arms. The sudden movement stirred the Jedi from his slumber.

"Anakin!" Tahiri snapped.

Anakin frowned groggily. He started to say something, but couldn't.

"Anakin?" Tahiri's irritation faded and was replaced by concern.

"P--" Anakin stammered. "Poison... dart."

Tahiri winced. "Not good. You have a MedPac?"

"I had one before you kidnapped me," Anakin replied, coughing.

"I think I know what they hit you with," Tahiri informed him. "It's a synthetic venom. It's designed to either take down the person it's used on, or in the unlikely event that they escape, at least make them weak to the point of helplessness for at several days."

"Not good," Anakin decided. "I think I can use the Force to eliminate it from my system, but that'll take time and concentration."

Tahiri sighed. "Not an option. They're probably already hunting for us. You picked a good hiding spot, but if we're found here... no, we have to get moving."

"Yeah," Anakin agreed, starting to get up. "I think you--"

Tahiri easily pushed him back down. "You're in no condition to walk."

"Tahiri, you can't carry me," Anakin replied bluntly. "I don't care how good of physical condition you're in, there's no way you're that strong."

Tahiri raised an eyebrow. "Is that a challenge?"

"Sith no," Anakin replied, pulling himself to his feet. "I can use the Force to refresh my strength. No poison can beat a Jedi."

Stubborn. Very stubborn. But he's probably right. "I hope you know what you're doing."

Anakin considered that for a moment. "So do I."

"Oh, Anakin?"

"Yes?"

Tahiri bit her lip, as though considering whether or not to go on. Finally, she did. "If I ever wake up in your arms again, I'm going to make some assumptions that you don't want me to make."

18. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    Hehe! That last bit was great!

I wonder how Anakin is going to react to the assumptions Tahiri already has... if and when he ever finds out. ;)

19. JadeSaber

JadeSaber Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2002
    Wow, Kev, this is looking great! Keep up the good work! :)

20. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Sach- Thanks :). The last part was particularly fun - poor wittle confuzzled Anakin ;). How will he react when he finds out? [face_innocent] [face_mischief] [face_devil]. Well... *zips lips*

Jadey- Thanks :). Will do :).

21. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    As if this couldn?t get anymore sinister, it has. Tahiri has a twisted way of living, including her methods for capturing a Jedi. In her book, all you have to do is kiss him, sedate him, and then fetch the net. Poor Anakin fell straight into that trap, head-first, unsuspecting and magnetized to Tahiri?s false personality. Incognito, I like!

You update so quickly that I can hardly keep up, and end up being dragged behind the bandwagon ? not that I?m complaining about my mode of transport. Now, now, my favourite lines;

"You flatter yourself to think I'm disappointed," Anakin informed her.

"No," she said in that same annoyingly all-knowing way. "No, I don't think I do. Your behavior is quite indicative of -"

"My behavior is quite indicative of wanting to crush your throat," Anakin informed her.

*laughs* That?s the spirit! This reminds me of the Luke/Mara relationship ? perhaps NJO should have repeated the normal standard with Anakin and Tahiri. It would?ve made for more frustration over their relationship, though.

Anakin complied without argument, he didn't so much as meet her gaze. "Now what?" he inquired, still not looking at her.

"Now, we walk," Tahiri replied emotionlessly.

"Is this the part where you turn me over to them like a good little bounty hunter?" Anakin inquired.

"It's the part where you behave like a good little prisoner," Tahiri countered. "Let's go," she said, gesturing forward with her blaster.

Did I mention how much I enjoy the humour? Let it reign (along with action, romance, drama, etc)!

Tahiri's gaze met Anakin's briefly. His ice-blue eyes were pained and haunted. She saw helplessness there, and yet she saw hope. The incongruity took her by surprise. Those eyes seemed to bore into Tahiri, knocking down every barrier she had. In its place was freedom. Freedom to do whatever she wanted. Freedom to choose. And that was it. Something in her mind clicked. She chose to use her freedom. For a reason she couldn't quite explain, she made her decision.

*sigh* Beautiful piece. You wouldn?t happen to have blue eyes, would you, Kev? I don?t know what it is about them, but makes for one heck of a descriptive paragraph.

Never free of me. Forever mine.

Mmm, possessive. ?Nice? quality to have.

Bossk? I won?t even try pronouncing that. When in doubt, enjoy the character, recognise the name, and ignore your incapability to articulate it.

"In trouble?" one of the bounty hunters guessed.

"Dead," Bossk corrected.

Forget his name; acknowledge his tone :p

Boba Fett! Holy Force! Wouldn?t he be quite well aged by now? Just inquiring.

"I don't know how to love," Anakin replied sadly. "I don't know if I can."

Admittedly, in-characterisation. I loved the details provided, and that admirable narrative.

That was why she didn't notice that Anakin's arms around her at first.

Even when she did notice, it took a moment for the implications of this to sink in. She could hear his rhythmic breathing. She felt herself move ever so slightly as the young Jedi's chest rose and fell with each breath.

Unconsciously, Tahiri found herself snuggling close to him. The warmth of his body against hers was comforting. Maybe she was dead. Maybe the blaster wound had been fatal. If so, this wasn't bad as far as afterlives went.

*insert surprise* His arms around her? Boy, do they take the moves. Of course, being a reader, I fully endorse it.

Tahiri bit her lip, as though considering whether or not to go on. Finally, she did. "If I ever wake up in your arms again, I'm going to make some assumptions that you don't want me to make."

*snickers* Tahiri, you should have taken advantage of him now.

What can I say, Kev? Thoroughly enjoyable! Please, quality always surpasses quantity. Looking forward to more!

Am [face_love]

22. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Thanks, Am :). I know there is a definite Lukie/Mara kinda thing going on with their relationship, but I hope it's different enough to be unique :). Action, humor, romance, mush, the Kev side are they ;). Yep, I have blue eyes -- but I don't think mine have ever conveyed all that before ;). Yes, Tahiri is frighteningly possessive in a few of these posts -- she was freaking me out when I wrote it (lol). Fett is about 50 or 60, I think. I'll deal with that bridge when it comes time to cross it ;).

(Hey, look at that, everyone, the longer your reply is, the longer the author's reply to your reply is ;)).

Just so everyone knows, the dream sequence WAS important. More than that, I cannot say *zips lips*.

23. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
    Well mine is going to a wee bit shorter 8-} That was a nice post!

24. Trila-SkySolo

Trila-SkySolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    Confused Anakin, I like. :)

25. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Jedi_Knight_Satine- Lol, thanks. Although I would like to know specifically what you like or dislike about any given post, I'm not about to complain about a compliment ;).

Trila_SkySolo- Well, maybe Tahiri needs to unconfuse him, or maybe Tahiri's the confused one and he can unconfuse her [face_innocent]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.