main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Catching a Dream; (Anakin/Tahiri, very AU) - COMPLETED 9/25

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Anakin_Solo, Aug 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Oooh, action. A whole heck of a lot of action.

That must have been hard for you to write, Kev. ;) *ducks*

Good job!

2. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    As Tahiri awoke, she expected to be in an energy cage aboard Boba Fett?s ship, or in the middle of the Bounty Hunter?s Guild, awaiting torture for her betrayal. To a certain extent, it was quite possible that she was. She was restrained, which would certainly make sense if she were in an energy cage. But, there was something odd. For one thing, she seemed to be moving. Even if she were aboard a ship, she shouldn?t be able to tell that. For another thing, her ankle which she knew to be broken was not in pain at all. She could feel the makeshift cast that was holding it in place, but there was no pain.

Why would a bounty hunter bother to ease her pain? And, more importantly, why even bother with a makeshift cast? Even though these things seemed odd, it was none of them that seemed the most odd to Tahiri. But what is it? Something seems out of place here.

Then, it hit her. Not only was she moving, she was entirely in the wrong position. She seemed to be slung over someone?s shoulder. And, she was not restrained. What she had mistook for restraints a few moments ago were the strong and powerful yet gentle arms of a Jedi. Tahiri smiled as she let her eyes drift open. ?Anakin.?

Tahiri felt a sudden warmth as Anakin pressed his cheek against hers. ?You?re awake,? he noted, his voice barely above a whisper.

?Yes. Anakin, you can put me down now. I?m quite capable of walking.?

There was a slight pause. ?No.?

?No?? Tahiri demanded, feeling a slight flash of anger.

?No,? Anakin repeated.

?Anakin Solo, I?ll have you know I?m quite capable of--?

?Fett broke your ankle so efficiently that I managed to set it easily enough, but you?ll only aggravate your injury if you put weight on that foot.? Anakin closed his eyes as though concentrating on something while he ran. ?I?m trying to use the Force to heal it, but I?m not as good at that kind of thing as my brother is. It?ll take time.?

Tahiri didn?t even bother pointing out that she had no idea who his brother was. She was too irritated to notice little things like that. ?Anakin, I?ve limped back to a ship with a broken leg before--?

?I don?t doubt that,? Anakin agreed. ?But this isn?t the time for limping, it?s the time for running. Those bounty hunters--?

?Are probably waiting for us at the city, not following us.?

?Oh.? Anakin blinked. ?I hadn?t thought of that.?

Tahiri took in a deep breath. ?Anakin, please put me down??

Anakin seemed to consider that for a moment. ?No.?

Tahiri felt a flash of anger. This isn?t how it?s supposed to be! Why isn?t he listening to me!? He?s my Jedi! Mine!

?I heard that.?

Tahiri felt the color drain from her face. ?You what??

?I heard that.?

Cold shock washed through Tahiri, but it didn?t take long to realize that she didn?t doubt Anakin?s words. Yet at the same time? ?How? Are you reading my mind, Jedi? Because if you are--?

?I don?t have to. You?re broadcasting so loud that some Force blinds could probably hear you.?

Tahiri blinked in surprise. ?What does that mean? Is there something I should know??

?Yes,? Anakin replied, his voice completely calm. ?You?re Force sensitive.?

Tahiri didn?t speak for a moment. She had to ponder the absurdity of all this. She had gone from a bounty hunter chasing after a Jedi, then the boy from her dreams showed up, and she became a fugitive on the run from her own kind. Now she found out that she might become a Jedi some day? It was completely absurd. There was no way any of this could happen.

?Tahiri??

Tahiri took several moments to breathe deeply. She had to consciously focus on not allowing her voice to waver. ?Yes??

?I love you.?

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Jedi_Anakin_Solo

(standing on feet clapping wildly - shouting "Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!")

That fight with Fett was brilliant- I could just see a really angry Fett flying off into the wilderness [face_laugh] And the scene afterwards was just the perfect blend of Anakin and Tahiri interaction.

I am so glad I found this story- Excellent!

More please :D

4. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    I agree with PadmeLeiaJaina! That was marvelous! Great details! I know this is cheap advertising, but I have my second fanfiction up and going now. It's called Living in the Ghettos of Coruscant if anyone wants to check it out! I can't wait for your next post Jedi_Anakin_Solo! You're making a great story here! It's very intriguing. :)

5. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Em- YAY! You got the 100th post, Master :)! Yes, yes, action isn't exactly my specialty... but I guess I'm okay at it when I have to do it... *shrugs*.

PadmeLeiaJaina- Thanks :).

Mertroid- Thanks -- cheap? Advertising on MY threads isn't cheap, that'll be 20,000 credits ;).

6. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    Great Action Kev!!!!!

Much superior to mine!!!

And that last line.... it WAS a cliffhanger I don't care WHAT you say!!! ;)

7. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    The words had leapt out of Anakin?s mouth, unbidden. He had had no control over them. No chance to stop them, no choice of whether or not to say them. No conscious thought immediately followed the words. Because his body was stubborn, he kept running. His mind, on the other hand, decided to take a bit of a vacation. He continued to breathe and run, but conscious thought simply did not occur.

Slowly, he began to realize what he had just done. For once in his life, his mind had had nothing to do with his words. His heart had spoken. And, even as Anakin realized this, he realized that he wouldn?t take the words back if he could.

Tahiri remained silent the whole time. Her complaints about being carried had subsided. The warmth of her body against his and the weight on his shoulders were the only reminders that she was there other than her hushed breathing.

Gee, you just told her that she?s Force sensitive and that you love her. Do you think that might be a little bit of a shock?

Anakin sighed. Right. She probably didn?t love him back, anyway. Was this the part where he apologized? ?Tahiri, I--?

Anakin had barely begun to speak when he felt a finger press against his lips. ?Don?t,? Tahiri pleaded. Her jade green eyes locked with Anakin?s ice-blue eyes, and though there was confusion there, there was also something else, too. ?Anakin? I?m a bounty hunter. You know that. There are many Jedi who probably look upon me as a criminal. I am a criminal, I kidnapped you. I kidnapped you. How can you love me after that??

?You also let me go,? Anakin reminded her. ?My mind does not have answers for those questions, Tahiri. But it also does not doubt what is in my heart.?

?I didn?t let you go,? Tahiri replied. ?I won?t lie to you, Anakin. I wanted you for myself. I don?t know what love is, but I know that isn?t it.?

Anakin pressed close to her. For a second, it seemed as though Tahiri might pull away, but she didn?t. ?And now you have me.?

Tahiri blinked. The words had obviously caught her off-guard. ?I-- what? What did you say??

Instead of answering, Anakin pressed his lips against hers. It was a very light kiss, a mere sweet brush of his lips against hers. Tahiri didn?t respond at first, so Anakin started to pull away, but she wrapped her arms around his neck and returned the kiss urgently. By the time Anakin pulled away, his lungs were burning for oxygen. Even then, he didn?t move away very far. His lips mere centimeters from Tahiri?s, he rested his forehead against hers.

?I love you, too,? Tahiri whispered, answering the question in Anakin?s eyes.

Instead of kissing Tahiri again, Anakin drew her close, content just to hold her. Her eyes drifted closed as she nestled closer to him. Neither of them spoke for a very long time, but Anakin finally realized he had to. ?Tahiri,? he broke the silence, his voice barely above a whisper, ?this means you?ll have to let go of your need to possess. I am very much yours, but we can?t have you running around yelling ?My Jedi! Mine!? every five seconds.?

Tahiri giggled at the mental image, but nodded in agreement. ?Anakin, I?m beginning to understand this love thing. I?m as much yours as you are mine.?

Anakin kissed her lightly, teasingly. ?That?s the general idea, yes.?

Tahiri slugged him playfully. ?What will the other Jedi think about this? You falling in love with a bounty hunter, I mean.?

?They can think whatever they want,? Anakin replied, kissing her on the forehead. ?I think that I?m glad you caught me.?

Tahiri grinned. ?Good thing you?re the first Jedi I ever caught.?

?And the last,? Anakin added sternly.

Tahiri pressed her lips against Anakin?s firmly, her arms wrapped around the back of his neck to pull him into the kiss. She finally pulled away and smiled warmly at him. ?And the last,? she agreed.

8. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    YAY!!!

YAY!!!

YAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!

They kissed! They're in love! THEY KISSED! THEY'RE IN LOVE!!!!

*happy sigh*

YAAAAAY!!!!!!

9. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    Awwwwww! [face_love]

How sweet and romantic!

And I just.... can't think of anything else to say. **shrugs** Sorry. Maybe later. ;)

10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    His mind, on the other hand, decided to take a bit of a vacation.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Priceless!

Wonderful Mushiness! [face_love] More please? :D

11. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Em- I couldn't write an A/T fic without those two very important qualities :D. I love mush :D.

Sache- I love mush :D. Romantic and sweet are both compliments, given the fact that I love mush :D. Did I mention that I love mush? (lol)

PadmeLeiaJaina- Mushiness? I don't know if I mentioned this, but I love mush :D.

Oh, I don't know if I mentioned this, but I LOVE MUSH!!!!!!! :D

12. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    FIVE

Anakin gazed at the city from the top of the hill. If it was guarded, the guards or other security measures were not obvious from a physical inspection. It was basically like any other spaceport Anakin had ever visited.

"If they're waiting," Tahiri ventured, "they're doing a good job of hiding."

Anakin surveyed the city one more time with macrobinocs. "I don't like it," he finally decided. "Too easy."

"Anakin, are all Jedi like this? Of course you're frightened, you're human."

Anakin whirled to face her with surprising quickness, his eyes narrowed. His anger was almost comical from Tahiri's point of view. "Tahiri, let me make one thing absolutely clear. I am not frightened. Jedi do not feel fear. We suppress it. For me to be afraid would be like--"

Whatever Anakin was going to say was lost when Tahiri pressed her lips firmly against his. He blinked in obvious surprise, not reacting. When he finally started to return the kiss, Tahiri pulled away with an demonic smile, knowing that she had just thrown him into complete disarray.

"What was I arguing with you again?" Anakin inquired.

"Doesn't matter, I was obviously right, wasn't I?"

"Of course," Anakin agreed obediently.

Tahiri slugged him playfully. "Cutie." Before he could argue that point, too, she kissed him again.

"Okay, that's getting really annoying," Anakin complained.

"No it isn't," Tahiri replied. "You love it and you know it."

Anakin sighed. "Okay, we're going to have to go into the city. I should go first--"

"Hey!"

"--because of your ankle."

"No way, Anakin," Tahiri replied stubbornly. "We do this together."

"Tahiri--"

Once again, Anakin's words were lost when Tahiri kissed him firmly. Her lips were warm and sweet against his, and he let his eyes drift closed and didn't open them again until she gently pulled away.

"You're way too good at this," Anakin decided.

"I know."

"That could be dangerous for me."

"Probably," Tahiri agreed.

"You'll have me wandering around in your wake doing whatever you want," Anakin guessed.

"Sounds about right. I love you too."

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    "What was I arguing with you again?" Anakin inquired.

"Doesn't matter, I was obviously right, wasn't I?"

"Of course," Anakin agreed obediently.

LOL! Anakin is such the sucker! I love it! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

You go girl Tahiri!

14. Jedi_Knight_Satine

Jedi_Knight_Satine Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2002
    He loves her! She loves him! I loved all those posts!

15. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    Boy if they keep this up they're never going to get anywhere. ;)

16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    (looking around seeking next installment)

I need my mush fix! :_|

17. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    They entered the city cautiously. "The spaceport should have what we're looking for," Anakin noted.

"Borrowing or hiring?"

Anakin suddenly froze, then pulled Tahiri with him off the street and into an alley. "What are you--?" Tahiri started to demand, but Anakin clamped a hand over her mouth.

"Quiet," he insisted. Tahiri nodded in understanding, and Anakin withdrew the hand. He glanced around the corner and saw that he wasn't mistaken.

"Tahiri, what did you do with my X-wing?"

Tahiri blinked in surprise. Of all the things she had expected him to say, that wasn't high on the list. "I brought it with me," Tahiri replied. "It was in the cargo hold of my ship... why?"

Anakin glanced around the corner again. "It looks like they're selling it. Auctioning it off."

"That has to be a trap," Tahiri protested.

"Probably," Anakin agreed.

Tahiri shrugged and went for her blaster. Anakin stopped her hand. "No. I have a better idea."

Bossk smirked at his own ingeniousness as he stood at the landing pad. That Jedi had no idea what he was getting into. The [i]second[/i] he showed his face, there would be several bounty hunters waiting to--

To stare in awe as the X-wing began to lift off seemingly on its own. Bossk stared in gape-jawed shock. There was no pilot in the cockpit. But that meant... "The Jedi is here! Find him and grab him! [i]Now[/i]!"

A single supply crate fell off a pile of parts storage containers. The noise was enough to make all of the bounty hunter spin around and draw their blasters. Bossk heard a muffled curse. "Get them!" he ordered.

[hr]

Anakin bit back a curse. [i]Oh... not good.[/i] "I think we're in trouble," he whispered to Tahiri.

18. Alabama_Jedi

Alabama_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2002
    cool story

up

19. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    "Oh... not good."

**remembers that particular line in AotC and cracks up**

:D

Hey... levitating X-wings. Isn't that supposed to be Yoda's department? ;)

20. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
    They're in trouble. It would have been completely clever if someone[/i[ didn't knock over the crate! Great post!

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Humm interesting story development- dissappointed no mush :(

Oh well can wait for it....

22. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Alabama_Jedi- Thanks

Sach- Actually, with the brand new five-year-program, Levitate an X-wing ©, any Jedi can levitate an X-wing. JUST LIKE YODA! ;)

Jedi_Knight_Satine- Eh, I'm sure Anakin will find a way out of it. We'll just have to wait and--oh, wait, I'm writing this, I have to figure it out. Uhoh. ;)

PadmeLeiaJaina- No mush? You DID lead all the posts before that one, right? ;)

23. Alabama_Jedi

Alabama_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2002
  24. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
  25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Bahh! A whole week w/o a post is really mean Jedi_Anakin_Solo!

(Pouting and looking for more. :( )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.