main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary CCEE June 17-19th

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by echosevin, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    The Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo runs June 17th to 19th - adding an extra half day to the event, this year.

Advance tickets are on sale right now:
    Single day - $20 (or $25 at the door)
    Weekend pass - $35 (or $40 at the door)
    VIP passes - $225 (Limited to 200)
    **VIP passes sold 50 per month, until March 1st (Dec/Jan are already sold out).

Media guests listed so far are:
    William Shatner
    George A. Romero
    Jonanthan Frakes
    Doug Bradley
    Tia Carrere

For complete information, please visit the CCEE site:
    www.calgaryexpo.com

The FF is planning on having a table again this year. However, it will depend on volunteers to help man the table as well as volunteering for the show. I know many of you have been burned in the past when volunteering for the CCEE - sadly, I can't promise it will be any different this year. I am volunteering again this year, but only in a supporting role.
    We can discuss this more at the next meeting.

2. red-dwarf

red-dwarf Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 22, 2009
    Tia (smokin) Carrera....'she will be mine, oh yes! She will be mine'.
    V

3. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    There was a great discussion at the Feb meeting, regarding our table at the CCEE this year. For those of you who weren't there, we discussed NOT hosting a table at the show, because - although we get some great PR, our group rarely gains new membership with the exposure. And manning the table for 3 full days was a bit of a logistical problem.
    Instead, we discussed possibly hosting a couple of panels during the show - a collecting one (SW focused of course) and one about Star Wars fandom (locally - showcasing our group, and other world wide organizations).

I have contacted the event organizers about our panel ideas, and they're interested. I am working out some details regarding times, space and content. Once I get more concrete information, I'll post the details. We'll discuss panel contributors and more at the next few meetings.

Also discusssed at the meeting, to promote our group during the show, be sure and wear your Tosche shirts proudly! Over the next few months, we'll be making up new business cards to hand out, in case someone wants more information.

Thanks to everyone for their input!

4. red-dwarf

Sep 22, 2009
    Nice work Yrol,
    I would basically give a card to anyone looking at or asking about or commenting on the shirts as well as anyone wearing anythihng Star Wars or even sci-fi related.

Vinny

5. red-dwarf

Sep 22, 2009
    Not wishing to step on anyones toes, but I'd be happy to volunteer as a moderator if one is needed, and am also willing to bring in some collectibles for show.
    I'm sure that Dooks would be best to speak about vintage collecting though, he has more experience, but again am happy to help.
    What is anyone else volunteering for?

6. Rusted_Halo

Rusted_Halo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2008
    i'll volunteer also.. i will also have my life size Lego R2 done for the show.. should be getting the tube for the body today and the sit-n-spin to move the head..

7. TapeTrooper515

TapeTrooper515 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2007
    I'd be interested in volunteering for a panel too.

8. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    CCEE is this weekend folks - and it's going to be VERY busy!!

Our booth is located at table 126 (not on the program, but by the photo op area). PreludeRM could certainly use some help manning the table, so please contact him to volunteer some of your time.
    Also, if you have anything to donate for our Light the Night fundraiser/raffle, or you want to showcase some of your stuff at the table, please contact PreludeRM as well (deadline is Thursday to notify him).
    Our FF panel is Friday night at 6 pm - please make an effort to be there and show the city what an awesome group we ARE!:D :-B

There are 450+ volunteers for the show this year - woot! That means if you didn't sign up via the website to volunteer for line duty, it's too late - and you'll have to buy a pass like the regular folks.

Let's get this party started!!

9. PADAWAN-JOHN68

PADAWAN-JOHN68 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2008
    So I guess for me and Rosie to volunteer for line control is no longer an option or to help Ryan at the FF table.

Thanks John

10. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    NO worries John next year for sure

11. red-dwarf

Sep 22, 2009
    Hey hey,
    I can't be there friday night, but CAN be there Saturday.
    Ryan, I can give you a couple of hours on Saturday, I'll bring some items up for donation as well.
    The only thing I have to really do is meet Romero and have alook around.
    I'll check in with you when I get there, and we can work out when I would be most needed.

Are any fanforce costuming?
    Or are T-shirts best as a representation?

Vinny

12. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Rock the t-shirt. I don't think I'll be breaking out the costume. But for sure the shirt.

I'll also have the new stickers at the expo. They are $5 each

13. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Panel was alot of fun and looks like we may have a few new members out to the next meeting. Overall another great year for the BEST FF IN CANADA!!!!!.

14. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Thanks again to PreludeRM for manning the booth pretty much all weekend! And to Marcy, Cam and Vinny for helping out too :).

Although it was short, the panel went really well - a packed room! It'll be interesting to see if folks follow up and check us out in the near future.

15. red-dwarf

Sep 22, 2009
    Hi, it was a great show overall.
    Some great costumes out......some non-SW were excellent also.
    Hope it generates new members.
    Vinny

16. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Hey gang,
    for those of you who went to the show, please take a moment to fill out the following survey:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CalgaryExpo2011Survey

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.