main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CCG Trivia

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Red84, May 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    Okay, it's not a really hard card to miss...in other words, like Through The Force and Hindsight the whole card is a joke ;) Chances are if you looked through your commons or uncommons you would see it... Gah. Okay *last* hint. The card is in the same expansion as one of the two cards I just mentioned above. I guarentee that when you find it you will want to hit your head up against a wall...and if you don't well then I'll help :D Meanwhile I'm trying to think of some more really good stuff so I can give out some more R2 packs.

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    The Entor was referenced on the Star Wars Technical Commentaries: http://www.theforce.net/swtc

3. 4Q2

4Q2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2001
    I give up on the third card. I've looked through all of MY Dagobah and Cloud City commons/uncommons. Maybe I don't have that card in my collection yet. :)

But what I want to know is why is the Thunderflare part of the Death Squadron?

4. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    It's there :) Try Decipher's card lists.

And where are you getting that the Thuderflare is in Death Squadron?

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I was gonna wager Star Destroyer! but thats from SE...hmm, what could it be...Shocking Revelation? Mostly Armless? Smuggler's Blues?

Hmm.. "Into the Ventilation Shaft, Lefty" seems like a good guess

6. 4Q2

Apr 6, 2001
    Where did I get the idea that Thunderflare was in Death Squadron? From the previous page:

Anonymous Jedi: Avenger, Tyrant, Stalker, Executor, Thunderflare, Devastator.
    Red84: *DING DING DING* We have a winner :)

So if it isn't Thunderflare what's the fifth Star Destroyer?

And I know I'm going to kill myself, but I can't figure out for the life of me what the third joke card is you're asking for. :(

Desperate guesses: Res Lauk Ra'auf? Yoda's Hope (only card with card type "Effect This Is")?

7. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!! I goofed. Basically I was waiting for someone to say the Devastator and in my excitement in seeing it I must have missed the Thunderflare reference. Sorry for the confusion.

The 5 Death Squad ImpStars are Devastator, Stalker, Tyrant, Avenger, and Vengeance.

And see desperate guesses pay off. Yoda's Hope is correct ;)

8. 4Q2

Apr 6, 2001
    *Whew!* Finally! :)

Okay, so why is Devastator part of Death Squadron?

9. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    C'mon, we want some more questions!!!

10. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    The Devastator was Vader's original flagship (the one you see chasing Tantive IV). [WEG's Galaxy Guide 3: TESB]

Oh, I'm sorry, I wasn't aware you guys were waiting on more questions to be posted right now ;) Cool!

Okay, let's see...

11. Which three characters in the SWCCG are from the Star Wars Holiday Special?

12. How many cards in both the SWCCG and Young Jedi are actual Force powers or linked to using the Force?

13. Which Star Wars languages have been used on the lores and card titles of non-character cards (SW and YJ)?

11. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    11. Caldera Righim, Deneb Both, and Rachalt Hyst are all from the atrocity known as the Holiday Special.

12. Do you mean in the titles of the cards or their gameplay functions???

13. Basic, Huttese, Rodian, Trandoshan, Dug (or Huttese depends on what language Sebulba was using), Ewok, Jawa, Tusken (the language of the Tusken Raiders), Twi'lek (depends on whether Bib was speaking Twi'lek or Huttese),Gungun, and whatever language "E Chu Ta" is.

12. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    For #11: the card represents an actual Jedi Force power (even if the title doesn't actually name it--like Move Along)

You'll have to do a little research for it, but the language of the Trandoshans is not called "Trandoshan".

Also does anyone know what two real languges George Lucas used to make Huttese?

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >>Also does anyone know what two real languges George Lucas used to make Huttese? <<

Answer: None.

Now, as for what two real languages BEN BURTT used to make Huttese... ::)

I don't know both but I recall some of Huttese is based on Cantanese.

14. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Oh, so some one wants to split Star Wars hairs with me... Okay... ;)

And I'm looking for the two primary languages here. There were a few used, but there two main languages.

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Just a Ben Burtt fan, thats all::)

(well that, and I had a lot of free time on my hands one summer and deciphered my own "Huttese to English" dictionary for the hell of it, so I suppose i'm a bit touchy on the technicalities;;D )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.