main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ON Celebrate The DVD'S!!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by VaderFanForever, Mar 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Yes, we all know about Celebration 3 April 21-24, 2005. But before we celebrate Star Wars, we must celebrate the release of the Original Trilogy for the first time EVER on DVD! I know I will get my 2 copies WAY in advance! These will certainly get picked up in a hurry! I'd like to hear from other fans who plan on picking up THE greatest DVD collection this side of the Deathstar!!

Edit: If you lock your post how do you expect people to reply ;)?

2. WLDB

WLDB Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2004
    I plan on getting them. But it wont be early. I have to wait until they come out.

3. Mokitty

Mokitty Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2002
    To be honest I don't plan on buying them. My reasons vary but mostly it's the fact that I don't wanna feel like I'm bein ripped off again. I have 3 different versions of the 3 originals, and they keep releasing them "BIGGER" and "BETTER"...
    Recall a few years ago George Lucas said he wasn't gonna release the originals on DVD till after episode 3, so he'd have time to restore more missing scenes etc... then changed his mind. I view this fall's release as half he just bowed to petition pressure and half he bowed to the studios or whatever, giving into the undeniable fact that they had to do SOMETHING for this xmas to start the hype up for Ep3 next spring.

So this fall we'll get the original trilogy on dvd, next fall we'll get Episode 3 and a NEW "bigger, better, best yet" pack of all 6, and then, a year n a bit later in 2007 as the 30th anniversary comes along, well THEN I think we'll get the real deal.

So my plan, in the meantime, is to keep my money in my pocket and borrow the DVDs off my friends while I wait to see what those movie guys got up their sleeves next.

4. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    I'm with Mokitty on this... it is in fact why I have NO DVD's of any of the Movies... I wan't that super 6 pak!

5. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Mokitty, You have raised a really good point. Releasing the OT onto DVD, is not going to be a one time Deal, I will proably end up waiting and then purchasing the Super Duper Deluxe DVD Set as well ;)

6. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    I find what is said is nothing profound really. Lucasfilm is a terrible culprit at multiple copies of the same movie. However I am a collector of all of them and will likely buy everything they send my way. Sad perhaps but its part of my collection. I wouldnt be surprised if there were many different DVD versions of the OT. Frankly I don't give a damn.

7. Brisk

Brisk Jedi Youngling

Aug 27, 2004
    I plan to buy the OT on DVD the day they come out.

I have to agree with MoKitty though, there probably will be a super box set of both the PT and OT coming out after demand for the Ep. 3 DVD starts to die down (I'll likely be getting that to :D).

And then the "George Lucas: Signature DVD Collection" will probably also come come out, but, I love Star Wars so I view it as a worthwhile contribution to the franchise.

After all, I'm doing my part to keep GL's bank account nice and fat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.