main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebrate the Sequels Today

Discussion in 'Was Going To Cele2020 Instead I Got This Forum' started by Obi Anne , Aug 26, 2020.

1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    The sequels have been an integral part of Celebrations since 2015. This is not the thread to discuss the films themselves, there's a whole forum for that, this is to celebrate their impact on Celebrations.

Have you been in line overnight to be at one of the panels, or where you lucky enough to win the lottery in Chicago? Do you have a special Celebration art piece, badge or collectible with a sequel theme?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    Sadie Erso likes this.
  2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I haven't. I think the last London Cele was emphasizing Rogue One. I still have the badge and program from it though - 3-day adult badge had Jyn Erso on it.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    Sadie Erso and Princess_Tina like this.
  3. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Disney taking over got me back to going to Celebrations and I've made some good friends because of that. When I watched TFA stream, I knew I had to go again.

Sadie Erso likes this.
  4. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I've never bee one to queue over night, but in Anaheim I was close to getting in to the main TFA panel. I was in the first row to in the first live stream room, if I had gotten up just 30 minutes earlier I would have been in. For TLJ me and a friend bought pizza as breakfast and streamed it in our hotel room, none of us thought it was worth it to queue at all. For TROS I got into the second live stream room with some friends, I borrowed a badge from a friend that had won the lottery, but the owner of the badge hadn't realized she wasn't going to arrive in Chicago until later that day.

5. Sadie Erso

Sadie Erso Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2020
    I haven't actually been to a real celebration even though I have always wanted to. I could have gone with my family in Indianapolis once but we couldn't go... there's always next time... maybe next year.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  6. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I was also in line for the TFA panel. Maybe 1-1½ hours before you @Obi Anne. So my friend and I got in to the live show.
    In 2016 I got up early(ish) went to line up for bracelets to some panels and then went back to my hotel for breakfast. I noticed others doing the same thing.
    I haven't bothered lining up for any popular panels since though. I don't wanna waste sleep over it and I only won lottery for The Phantom Menace live panel in Chicago. I went, but it was really the last of the four panels, that I most wanted to win tickets for. I would have been an ass though if I signed up and then didn't go, though in retrospect, time could have been used better.

I like the lottery, because it is really the only way I am gonna get in to those more popular panels as I won't loose sleep over it to be in line over night. And if I did and then still only got in to the streaming rooms, then I would be really upset. No reason the see the streaming live. I can do that any time.

7. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm also not willing to queue overnight, so lottery is definitely my chance to get in to a popular panel, that's why I'm not too upset about it, even if it sucks to miss out on something out of bad luck and you can't do anything to influence your chances.

8. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I remember watching the live stream for TFA. We queued over night in London for Rogue One (on our anniversary!), it ended up we didn't need to as there were still wristbands left for those arriving at 6am but we made some great friends and good memories. Did the live stream again for TLJ. Didn't win the lottery in Chicago so we got front and centre at the Star Wars Show live stage for IX and the atmosphere was just what I wanted it to be. Just electric being in that crowd as Palpatine laughed and the title came up.

9. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    If you want to have more a retrospective on the films, the Sequel Trilogy forum has opened up a special Virtual Celebration Retrospective thread.

One thing should be said about the ST panels, they have always gotten me excited about the films at first glance. I'm public about not liking the ST, but every time after having seen the new trailer at a Celebration, I've had this feeling that it's just great to be a SW fan and experience this together with other fans.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  10. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    The whole "experiencing things together with other fans" is my main reason to go in the first place. There is nothing like the buzz of Star Wars fans at Star Wars Celebration. Makes me all warm and fuzzy on the inside.[:D][face_love]

ChrisLyne and Obi Anne like this.
  11. Jedi_Five

Jedi_Five Jedi Master star 1

Jul 23, 2010
    Exactly! My only overnight was for the TFA panel in Anaheim. 13 hours! I don't think I can do it again, though. I really need my sleep! Thanks for the lotteries! I only won TPM20 lottery in Chicago, but at least I won something!