main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT MOD Celebrating 40 Years of The Empire Strikes Back!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by cubman987 , May 16, 2020.

?

When did you first watch The Empire Strikes Back?

1. When it was first released in theaters.

20 vote(s)
    47.6%
  2. At home on VHS or Beta Max

16 vote(s)
    38.1%
  3. When the Special Edition hit theaters

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. At home on DVD or Blu-ray

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
  5. Other

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    A better question is, how many does it deserve? [face_thinking]

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  2. DarthKegs

DarthKegs Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 21, 2019
    Still my favourite Star Wars movie.

3. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Rumours circulating that Disney will be releasing the 4K version to Vue cinemas for special screenings in July.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  4. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    My "introduction" (if you can call it that) to SW was wierd. I was two when ROTJ came out, so I missed them in theaters. ANH was the only one I ever saw as a little kid-cos my parents were against sequels, thinking all sequels as a concept were just a cash grab rehash. But obviously the SW sequels are an exception to this-every episode being a continuation of a vast story. So it wasn't till I was in early high school (just before the time the SE's were released in theaters) that I first saw ESB! I had actually seen ROTJ BEFORE that, when I was in like 5th or 6th grade! Imagine how confused I was, with this big gap in the story. But back then I was a kid, and didn't really care much about SW other than that they were "cool space movies to watch." (I didn't really start becoming the hardcore fan I am now until my college years, while the PT was coming out.)

It ended up becoming my 2nd favorite SW film to this day.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    whostheBossk likes this.
  5. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    One . . . like all of the other SW movies.

6. sith_rhino

sith_rhino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 9, 2007
    I saw this in the theaters when it first came out, and what a huge impact it (not to mention the Action figures) had on me! The only downside is that the review in the local paper spoiled "I am your father" which is a pretty terrible thing to do. I remember thinking that Vader must be lying, though, then thinking that I'd have to wait another 3 years (for Revenge of the Jedi) to find out if he really was lying or not!

whostheBossk likes this.
  7. bb8isno1

bb8isno1 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 29, 2020
    I first saw it in the cinema in 80. It was a big shock to me when Vader revealed he was Luke's father. I can remember waiting three long years to find out if it was true.

sith_rhino and christophero30 like this.
  8. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Most of my friends thought Vader was lying to get Luke to turn to the dark side.

9. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Don't exactly remember it, but i was there inside a theater watching TESB in 1980. And loved it although ROTJ probably passed it then (not now). And then again in 1997, this time with a college buddy.
    And many many times in between including at Celebrations and a special original cut last year at a special screening with my son who was seeing it for first time on big (16×9) screen.
    And it's on TNT now! So the tradition continues...

sith_rhino and christophero30 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.