main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 Celebration 2019 Exclusives

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MotivateR5D4, Jun 22, 2018.

1. ksomm814

ksomm814 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    The only reason I wanted the Funko lottery in Orlando was for the pin

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  2. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    They don't tend to matter much to me. I used to collect funko a lot, but It's lessened the past few months. I'm more just curious about the experience than I am concerned over actually buying anything from them.

3. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    They do a lottery a week or two before the con, so you know before heading to Chicago if you got drawn or not. If they have anything leftover, then they'll sell the rest of their allotment for the day to the regular crowd. People will line up a couple hours or so in advance hoping there are leftovers, but there's no guarantee.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  4. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Lego has a lottery as well.

Darkslayer likes this.
  5. Commander_Simpson

Commander_Simpson Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2019
    Wasn't planning on getting any exclusives but after seeing those Black Series 6 inch figures I might just have to try and get one of those.

6. darthjason127

darthjason127 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 11, 2017
    Pre Celebration pins go on sale tomorrow
    Looks like the first batch is Watto Qui and Jar Jar

7. ksomm814

ksomm814 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 17, 2005
  8. darthjason127

darthjason127 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 11, 2017
    Thank you! I was trying to find the link / photos

9. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Yes, must have those pins.

10. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Well my pre-Celebration costs are starting to add up!

Already got the mystery character pin, logo pin, key art shirt, and 20th Anniversary guide with my badges. I'll almost certainly be adding 1 or 2 art prints when they go up for pre-order tomorrow (would be more if I was rich enough). And the Anakin/Padme pin set when that goes up.

Not even got to Chicago yet!

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  11. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    On the bright side, you'll save some cash when Hayden doesn't come. ;)

ChrisLyne likes this.
  12. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Don't tell @Padme501st but my wallet is certainly feeling that way! [face_laugh]

13. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I vote for @star_wars_is_good to dress up as Anakin/Hayden to make up for all his Hayden isn’t coming comments

14. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Funny you mention that. I was planning on going as a shorter, far less attractive version of Hayden. I hope it's not too much of a departure where people don't recognize it.

MotivateR5D4 and ChrisLyne like this.
  15. wookieebusiness

wookieebusiness Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 30, 2017
    FYI, Orlando was my first Celebration and I got the Lego lottery, but they didn't notify me until the day before. It was extremely smooth going through their booth, and didn't take much time away from the rest of my day. It is a great set.

16. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    In Orlando I ended up not spending that much money at Celebration because I had pre-ordered everything (autographs, art, merch). It was kind of nice actually, instead of dropping money every where I went.

Hah! "A" for effort, fail in execution. [face_shame_on_you]

But I guess @Padme501st will have to make do with you as the next best thing.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  17. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    The Lego set is probably my #1 thing to get at Celebration. I didn't win the lottery but ended up waiting like 3-4 hrs in line to get one. There were some upset people in the line because after 3-hrs about 10 people joined a person near the front of the line right when they were about to open up for those in line. I was still able to get one but I don't think they handled line control very well.

18. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    That's an issue that is simply unavoidable if the line facilitators aren't on top of it. I've seen circumstances where they are and where they do enforce it pretty strictly, which is very fortunate when it does happen. But that requires a lot of line workers to do it successfully, and even more workers making attendees aware of it ahead of time. Most of the time there just aren't enough workers, that was definitely noticeable in Orlando. And the ones who are there simply don't care enough, there's just too many people to enforce anything even if technically they are supposed to. Even if they try, people will do it anyway, either maliciously or out of ignorance. And then what's the line person to do if they don't move? Not much other than telling them what they already know. And of course the companies don't care, they get their money either way. It's just part of the risk you take when lining up for something.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  19. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah, looking forward to having the big costs pre-ordered as it will really help budget when I'm there. After pre-orders all I'm really expecting to want are the key art poster, key art magnet (have them from all my Celebrations), Luke art shirt, IX logo shirt, maybe some pins, and hopefully the Del Rey exclusive cover (expecting it to be Master & Apprentice). I'm sure there will be impulse buys, but those are the main items left on my list after the art sale tomorrow. Hayden photo op would be the icing on the cake but we'll see what happens there.

BrentC007 and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  20. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Most of my money will be spent before going to Chicago as well. I'll preorder any photo ops I get. I won't do a ton of shopping.

21. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I'll split the cost of a Hayden photo op with you and @Padme501st if we can do a pose where I'm holding the two of you back from Hayden. I may even cosplay as a security guard. :p

Obi Anne , Padme501st and ChrisLyne like this.
  22. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Poor Hayden would wonder what was going one [face_laugh]

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  23. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    [​IMG]

Padme501st and ChrisLyne like this.
  24. MotivateR5D4