main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 Celebration 2019 Exclusives

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MotivateR5D4, Jun 22, 2018.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    This one sounds like a bit of a scavenger hunt: TFN Main

Members of the Ohio Star Wars Collectors Club are pleased to present an exclusive collecting opportunity at Star Wars Celebration Chicago: A 23-piece patch set that makes up a full size vintage Kenner Laser Rifle Action Figure Case. The full set when assembled is the same size as the actual toy at over 24” wide!

Forming the center hinge of the case, the OSWCC patch will be available for trade at room sales, at designated times in the Collector Social Room near the Collecting Track and intermittently at the OSWCC booth (#1240) itself.

Hit the link for a pic and more information!

Padme501st likes this.
  2. DarthInternous

DarthInternous Editor - Del Rey Star Wars star 3 VIP

Feb 7, 2017

If we do have a convention exclusive of M&A - the solution to the problem wouldn't be more copies but a better process. We didn't have a great process last time, now we do. It was our first convention exclusive (not trying to make an excuse, just stating facts) and we've had 2 years of shows and exclusives since then to create, adjust, test, and balance a system that is as fair as possible while also being consumer friendly and not forcing you into a 3 hour queue for the chance to get something.

(Why is the solution NOT just "more copies"? Because books are heavy. Books are not fidget spinners or Funko pops or t-shirts. A single box of hardcovers (12 to a box) weighs a lot. Heavy items cost much more to ship and store. Every show we attend we basically bring as many books as we physically/financially can. 1000 copies of 1 book is 83 boxes. That's 1 title. When you consider we also need to stock many other titles you can see the logistics/cost of shipping books gets out of control REALLY fast.)

3. wookieebusiness

wookieebusiness Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 30, 2017
    Let's just say I'm not on Facebook... is there another way to see the visual list of trading SWAG that's coming?

4. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    Yes, that absolutely makes sense. Thank you for replying about it.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  5. ksomm814

ksomm814 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    Here is the current list:
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ak84O4SNadCGofg1OqMmoeHJ1mbpmA

6. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    That's amazing. How many do people generally make of those items? I'm inspired to do a button but don't know whether to make 100 or like...5 haha

7. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I see a lot of people do just 100. Some do 200. Nothing over 500. It’s really whatever you want to do and can afford

LloydChristmas likes this.
  8. ksomm814

ksomm814 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    purebuttons.com is what the SWAG Crew commonly use for buttons. There's a lot of sharing and collaboration on the SWAG crew page. There are a lot of first-timers this year. If you think about it, 100 buttons / 5 would be only 20 buttons a day if you go all 5 days.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  9. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Word. Had no idea this was even a thing and now I'm pumped. Thanks guys! [face_dancing]

10. wookieebusiness

wookieebusiness Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 30, 2017

11. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    How would you register for the Lego lottery?

12. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    They'll have a page online closer to the show.

Darkslayer likes this.
  13. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    Alright fam you inspired me to look into the Swag Crew and give this a try! Bro & I are going as Ferris Solo and Chewie Cameron-- if you see us, grab one! We have 150 so if you don't look around for us once in awhile...you could miss it.

[​IMG]

Padme501st likes this.
  14. darthjason127

darthjason127 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 11, 2017
    So for Funko two new Star Wars pops have showed up in different retailer systems
    A hooded Darth Maul
    An Animation Boba Fett

Both of these would hint at possible Celebration exclusives
    Grain of salt rumor :)

Padme501st and ChrisLyne like this.
  15. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I think they're definitely coming, it's just a question of if they're Celebration or not. ECCC is this week, so after that wraps up, hopefully they'll officially reveal everything for Chicago.

16. darthjason127

darthjason127 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 11, 2017
    For sure. I am looking forward to the reveals. I wont make going into that booth a priority as most I can get through other retail channels. Plus I collect out of box so I am not worried about the sticker difference

17. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    As in The Clone Wars Boba? Maybe a hint at what one of the arc reveals for Season 7 will be?

18. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Holiday Special I assume. Hot Toys recently did a version.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    credar likes this.
  19. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Hoping the new Darth Maul mold looks good. The old one is ancient by funko standards.

20. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    They did a Clone Wars version in one of the Smugglers Bounty boxes.

21. Lazarustoys

Lazarustoys Jedi Knight

Mar 8, 2019
    Hey Everyone, this will be my fourth celebration, new to join the forum here but have been reading it for quite a while. I’ll be handing out these stickers randomly at the con all weekend for free. I’m an artist (primarily toy art, designing and painting handmade action figures) and have done tons of cons as a fan and a few as an artist with an exclusive or freebie. Including SDCC, NYCC, Fan days, SW Celebration, wondercon, wizard world and Designer Con. Not really looking to hit the trading area or be too discerning, just give them away to anyone who asks or I talk to in line. They’re 4x5” and of good quality. I think people will love the mashup of The Big Lebowski and SW. I’ll be wearing a T-shirt with the same art likely on Thursday, but will be there all days.
    [​IMG]

22. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    That's awesome haha, will keep an eye out for ya

23. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
  24. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Is that Figuarts?! I know Bluefin distribute the TamashiNations stuff in the US but normally Star Wars is limited to the Movie Realization/Samurai series as the Figuarts can't be sold outside of Japan. If it's Figuarts then that's potentially a LOT more exciting than just this one exclusive (and suggests Hasbro's license renewal may not be as exclusive as it currently is, IF it gets renewed for 2020 and beyond).

Edit - never mind, just realized it's one of the Bandai model kits.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  25. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006