main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration 3 Art Show

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by gatodama, Mar 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gatodama

gatodama LFL Artist star 3 VIP

May 17, 2002
    Hello everyone,

I am starting this thread for the Art Show at C3. The other artists or myself will be updating it with new information as it becomes available.

I can tell you that the art in this Art Show will blow your mind to a galaxy far, far, away. So please be sure to stop by, check it out and take it home. The art will be some of the hottest collectibles there.

Here is the first post about the show from the Official site:

starwars.com Community News Article

Celebration III Art Show -- Exclusive, Beautiful Star Wars Art to Buy and View
    March 22, 2005

The Star Wars universe is a visually dazzling place, with characters, planets, and amazing creatures that lend themselves to memorable artwork.
    Art fans at Celebration III will have the opportunity to purchase such memorable artwork from noted Star Wars artists, created exclusively for the event. Artists in the Celebration III Art Show will offer a very limited number of high-quality reproductions of one piece that they created with Star Wars fans in mind. Many of the artists at the show will also be available to create custom, one-of-a-kind works for fans by request.

Star Wars artists paint, sketch, and illustrate in a full range of individual styles, so art fans will find a variety of pieces to purchase. From whimsical cartoon images that play affectionately with the beloved characters of the saga, to epic works that convey the intense emotion of the coming Revenge of the Sith, art collectors will find a work or works perfect for their collections.
    Star Wars C3 Art Show

More updates to follow

2. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I am so looking forward to this... :)

3. jed1Yoda

jed1Yoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 29, 2004
    I'm looking forward to this a lot.. I hope to pick up a couple nice things for my game room :)

4. hollywood_randy

hollywood_randy LFL Artist VIP

Mar 23, 2005
    Hello everyone,
    Randy Martinez here.
    I will be at Celebration 3, and I can't wait.
    You fans might be ineterested to know that many of the artists to attend Celebration3 have started a live journal (all about the things we are planning at C3. While the main page is mostly artists talking shop, there are links to all the present artists blogs as well. This way you can see what we are all up to.

Here is the link.

http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=artists_allied

BTW. My piece is coming along. It's big, 30X40.
    YOA MING!!!!!!

better get back to work.
    Randy

5. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I can't WAIT for this!!

And hi Randy!! :)

6. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    This Art Show will be so interesting.. I'll have to see it on the first day.

7. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    YES! w00t!! Now I'll have something to drool over and blow money on while everyone else stampedes for action figures and autographs! =P~ [face_dancing]

8. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002
    Hey, I have a question. It says custom one of a kind works on request. Does that mean I could ask an artist to render me as a Jedi fighting or something?

9. TDHArtist

TDHArtist LFL Webstrip Artis star 4 VIP

Dec 31, 2000
    TK,

Yes, some of us will be doing commissions on site. You as a Jedi... sure thing. ;)

10. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Did anyone who wnet to C2 remember a painting of Vader sitting in his meditaion chamber, head in his hands surrounded by spirits of fallen Jedi? That was one of my favorite pieces, but I can't remember who did it. Anyone know? I'd love to get a poster of that. It was a great picture.

11. jediseanUF

jediseanUF Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2005
    Sweet, A custom pic of me as a jedi would be a great piece to get autographed by the artist and alot of the stars, truly a one of a kind collectible and memory.

12. Darth_Glymmer

Darth_Glymmer Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 18, 2002
    TK,

Yes, some of us will be doing commissions on site. You as a Jedi... sure thing.

Tom! I am so excited that you are going to be one of the artists at the show. I am definitely going to request you do a drawing for me!

13. obi-going_to_cel_III

obi-going_to_cel_III Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2005
    Can I get a ballpark type list of what somethings will be going for? Cause this jedi is almost broke ;)

14. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Same here. I'd be interested in a Tom Hodges pic of myself...if I can afford it, that is.

15. obi-going_to_cel_III

Feb 6, 2005
    Like is anyone doing jedi charicatures of people? I might be interested in a jedi characature of my self (penciled, no color) on something like 8x11 sheet of paper...any of the artist doing that, and if so, price?

16. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    I have a bad feeling about this. I am going to be in such debt!!!!

And yet...

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

Anyone know what artists will be there?

17. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    From Randy through me :

The art show will have several Officially Licensed Lucasfilm artists.
    What we will have for sale.
    1. Each artist has the option to make 250 reproduction of a piece of art just for Celebration 3. If all 250 prints do not sell out, they will be destroyed, or bought by LFL, where they will sell them on line.
    2. On the spot sketches, and sketch cards.
    3. Original work that has not been purchased by LFL.
    4. Original work form other interests.
    5. Reproduction of art work from other interests.

Some artists will e displaying original work that is not for sale.

18. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    " I might be interested in a jedi characature of my self (penciled, no color) on something like 8x11 sheet of paper...any of the artist doing that, and if so, price?"

The Artsits will determine their own pricing for sketch work. All other pricing has yet to be determined.

"Anyone know what artists will be there?"

That is yet to be determined.

19. aries6

aries6 LFL Artist VIP

Mar 23, 2005
    Were still waiting to find out how many artists will be there! Hopefully we'll know soon!

Cynthia
    www.cynthiacummensart.com

20. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    As an aspiring artist this is definitely a must to see :D
    Looks like many of the Topps sketchcard artists wil be there and then some. If Adam Hughes is there it will be very hard to get on his list. Not that i've ever tried but I've read a lot about fellow fans who have tried and tried and tried...but if one can get a quick on the spot sketch from him that would be cool.

Quick sketches would be great. Would they be free like at some comic book conventions? I would think quick sketches are different from commission sketches.
    And being able to buy sketchcards would be great. Hope I have enough for the CIII prints and some other stuff you are all offering.

I could spend a whole entire day just watching all you artists at work and chatting with the fans ;)

21. TDHArtist

Dec 31, 2000
    Quickie Sketches I still charge for, but a small fee. More involved pieces I also don't charge an outrageous amount for and already promised myself and others I would keep it at a good amount so folks can get original sketches from me. But if you get a commission from me... I promise NOT to disappoint. ;)

Last big Con I did I did numerous people in costume and even did a piece for 3 fans for their Star Wars RPG group... they wrote down who their characters were and what they looked like and I did a nice piece for them.

or bought by LFL, where they will sell them on line.

I was told that was not a definite thing. I would NOT count on it.

I will be doing sketches on request on a nice size Bristol paper. I will also have my own personal sketch cards (as will some of the others). I will be selling what Webstrips Lucasfilm has passed on, the C3 print and a NON-Star Wars sketchbook with various famous comic characters... it will have a theme though. ;)

22. obi-going_to_cel_III

Feb 6, 2005
    Yo TDH :D
    What do you consider a small fee? Are we talking ten bucks or 100 :p How much would that charicterization that I asked about cost, ball park? Thanks :D

23. TDHArtist

Dec 31, 2000
    Quickie sketches, which consist of headshots normally will run about $20 (on 9 x 12 Bristol). A full on Character with inks and some colors on a 11 x 14 Bristol will be $50. I am keep it lower then my normal Con prices because I know Fans want the original art. Anyone who attends Cons and buys original sketches will contend these are reasonable prices.

I am also doing sketch cards for $10 to $20 each and a sketchbook which will most likely be $10. It will not feature any SW art, but Comic Characters paying "homage" to the end of the Feature Film Saga. I will also, as mentioned before, have my exclusive C3 print, limited to 250 and I should be pricing that around $30 each.

If this helps you guys plan your shopping, I'm glad to help.

EDIT Oh, I SHOULD have some webstrips for sale also. I'm waiting on final word from Lucasfilm on that.

24. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Did anyone who wnet to C2 remember a painting of Vader sitting in his meditaion chamber, head in his hands surrounded by spirits of fallen Jedi? That was one of my favorite pieces, but I can't remember who did it. Anyone know? I'd love to get a poster of that. It was a great picture.

I remember that illustration. My Wife and I both saw it at STAR WARS CELEBRATION II and enjoyed it. It's a great idea and a great illustration.

I'm definitely interested in the CELEBRATION III ART SHOW. :D

25. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Very cool TDH. You did help us out a lot with the info. I'll definitely get a sketchbook, possibly a CIII print(depending what's on it), hopefully a sketch card and a quick sketch too. Granted, there are artists like Jim Lee who does something like this for free:
    [image=http://photos4.flickr.com/5331260_7ced163b33.jpg] but he's Jim Lee!
    Its a living. It depends entirely on the artist. I know.
    I just thought "quick" sketches were just that: "quick, rough, on the spot work" with all the rough lines or maybe just a couple of lines and voila. Presto. Instant sketch.
    That would be great to see some of your ROF strips there for us folks who don't have HS access.

I plan on buying some things from Jan Duursema, Doug Wheatley, Adriana Melo and Joe Corroney as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.