main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON *** Celebration 3 ***

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Woofer, Nov 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    I think it's a case of people are worried they will be left out it leaving it too long. Hey my FF people aren't that bothered but then it's a very long way for us to travel ;)

2. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Well, since this thread is about C3, This would be the place where people come to talk about and yes, we are all hyped regardless of how long away it maybe. Personally, I have wanted to go ever since I heard what I great time Chris and Debby had at C2.

True there are local cons and Charity events coming up in the future too, But planning, and actually being able to raise the funds to do an Event like C3, and getting all the way to Indianapolis, Is different.

3. SamwiseGamgee

SamwiseGamgee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    I would conquer with AmberStarbright. I know myself I am worried because of my procrastination I am going to miss out on this once again...and this may very well be the last shabang. I have missed almost 27 years of history. I would really not like to miss this. So if I get in on things while there are things to get in on I don't miss out. but thats just my 2 cents.

4. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    Don't worry SamwiseGamgee, I am sure everyone can keep reminding you to do something ie check hotels, travel etc until you do it to make sure you go :D

5. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    If there was a bus leaving southern Ontario (Toronto/Niagara) and there was room aboard, I have a feeling that some people from western Canada would be willing to fly WestJet (or something) to Toronto, and take the bus from there, that way they don't have to travel as long, and they can still do the "Road Trip" thing...

6. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Amber, Lynora, and I will be driving down on the Thursday morning :)

7. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Deb and I plan on leaving for C3 on the Wednesday afternoon(-ish).

If we rent a big van I do not have a problem driving it. The issue may be that not everyone will be going for ALL the same days, plus there may be some wanting to stay in different hotels (ie drive time away).

We have lots of time, just something to think about.

8. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    From what I see on the Star Wars web site, Celebration III actually starts on Thursday afternoon( 4 whole days!!!!). Leaving on Wednesday is a good idea! :)

How long does it take you guys to drive down to Indianapolis?

9. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    I think its about a 9 hour drive. And it's a faster drive if we go through Buffalo and around rather than over to Windsor/Detroit and down.

10. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Go through Buffalo

I see a big caravan forming as we speak! We could meet up with you here and follow you down. Our plan is to get a RV and ride together.

11. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Are you guys planning on staying the night somewhere Wednesday night or are you guys driving straight through?

12. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    I plan on being there early evening on Wednesday.

We already have our room reserved, and I've booked the Wednesday thru the Monday off work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.