main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Celebration 4 (C4) in LA 2007

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Styrofoam_Guy, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Lady_Kenobi

Sith_Lady_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 6, 2002
    And as far as I know, I'm STILL planning on going. :D

Wow, though, it's good to know a lot of other fellow Canadians from all over Canada are going to be making the trip. Hope to get a chance to see you all there. :)

2. Sirene

Sirene Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 25, 2005
    So thought I'd /bump this post since CIV is a month away. I've got my tickets paid, flight paid, hotel booked. Any way to see who all is going?

3. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    With the number of people that are going ot be at C4 it is best to make plans before to meet for dinner or whatever.

I don't know about the rest of the convention but I do know the R2 Builders room will be packed with stuff to look at.

I will not be making C4 unless something drastic changes (come on lotto tickets)

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

4. Sith_Lady_Kenobi

Jul 6, 2002
    I'm going, everything's paid for too! I can't wait. My friend and I will be volunteering, as well. :)

Now...all I need to do is finish up the little stuff on my costume..*hates procrastination*

5. Sirene

Oct 25, 2005
    Hey, I volunteered too! Sign ups came out yesterday and I've signed up for 4 shifts. Will most likely be doing the last shift. Its a shame that the shifts have to be announced before the schedule is announced.

6. Chymaera

Chymaera Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2005
    I'm going!:D
    I'm arriving on May 20 and returning home on May 29.

--Lynda

7. Marianne_Solav

Marianne_Solav Jedi Master star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    I'll see you there then!

I'll be volunteering also, I just need to find some time to check the schedule and sign up for some shifts.

8. Sirene

Oct 25, 2005
    Well, I flew to San Jose today, weather's great here, mid 20's. I can't wait to get to LA on Wednesday. Does anyone want to meet up there or something?

9. Sith_Lady_Kenobi

Jul 6, 2002
    Yeah, true. I'm doing all my shifts in the morning so atleast I have the rest of the day to go around and do con stuff.

Wow, didn't know there were a few of us that were volunteering. Awesome.

When do you arrive in LA, cause we're leaving from here and arriving around 3PM LA time.

It would be great to have a meet up.

Is there anyone going to the Fanforce dinner, I think, on Sunday night?

10. Sirene

Oct 25, 2005
    Tobey-wan and I fly in to LA on Wednesday afternoon. We didn't know there'd be the movie marathon, or that I'd have to queue up for my stupid badge, so hoping to get that done on Wednesday. I don't think we've got plans to attend the FF dinner, but I'll check with Tobey-wan. I know we have plans for Monday night dinner.

11. Sith_Lady_Kenobi

Jul 6, 2002
    Well, I'm not sure if a couple of us will get in to the FF dinner because as is it's full, but we're waiting if some people decide to drop out.

It would be great to meet up with other Torontonians, though. :)

12. Chymaera

Chymaera Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2005
    Dom and I are currently in LA (our hotel has free internet!). We have been here since Sunday doing the tourist thing...Midway aircraft carrier, museums, Universal Studios, shopping, etc.

Fanforce dinner on Sunday evening? This is the first I'm hearing about it!

--Lynda

13. Sirene

Oct 25, 2005
    I actually ended up going to that dinner last night, it was primarily a Rebel Legion dinner that they opened up to FF members, and as such it was dominated by RL topics/events etc. Luckily, I knew a couple other FF members there and we had a pretty good time.

The con is now over, and let me tell you, boy are my feet sore. Volunteering is absolutely the best way to see that con, let me tell you. I was able to skip most of the impossibly long lines to get in to things, including being in the second row for the Conversation with Carrie Fisher. The weekend was awesome!

14. Sith_Lady_Kenobi

Jul 6, 2002
    I agree with the feet being sore. And as much as I'm not a morning person, it really was worth it to volunteer.

Sitting first row for the Conversation with Carrie Fisher and second row for Ray Park Q&A made it worth it. :)

Sadly, we didn't get a chance to go to the FF dinner on Sunday, but I had fun regardless. :)

15. Sirene

Oct 25, 2005
    Well, you didn't miss much with the dinner, except a free Rebel Alliance mug. As far as I could tell there was only one table of FF people tucked way in the corner (funny enough, we were all at the same hotel) and no mention of FF was ever made.

16. Sirene

Oct 25, 2005
    Ok, I know this is being posted way late, but here are the pictures my significant other took while we were at CIV. I lost my camera on the first day of the convention unfortunately.

CIV

EDIT: And it includes proof that we went through the R2 Builder's room!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.