main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration 4 - Los Angeles, USA - Thursday 24/05/2007 to Monday 28/05/2007

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by DewbackRider88, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    I've just shown Tamika, and I have to say, my jaw dropped to the floor! Even my mother wanted to go after seeing that!

I'm loving it, no end! :D

2. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Nice one Mark. Well, V should have final details tomorrow, so our booking should be pretty concrete then :D After that, all we have to do is sit back, wait for the tickets to go on sale, and plan for our meeting with Joe and the others.

3. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    [image=http://digilander.libero.it/kinda79/dogma.jpg]

Yeah! :D

4. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Update email going out guys.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

If there are any persons out there needing accommodation for C4 please PM me.

There is space available for up to 4 people to share a large furnished apartment approx 10 mins from the convention centre.

2 king bedrooms (can be converted into 2 twins),
    3 queen bedrooms,
    3 and 1/2 bathrooms.
    an enclosed 800 sqft deck,
    beautiful large living room, dining room with 8 seater dining table,
    and laundry facility. The house has wooden and tiled floors
    throughout. There is also a staffed park in front of the house with
    basketball, tennis courts, jungle gym, and grass area with matured
    trees.

Depending on how many share, prices should be approx $50-55 PPPN. That's just £26-29 per night for all that, plus great company ! We are there 20-29th May for a bit of a holiday as well so its no problem if you want to stay before the convention as well.

PM me if interested.

5. ChickenTikkaMeeka

ChickenTikkaMeeka Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2005
    I couldn't believe it when i seen the pictures of the house, it looks really nice. I can't wait until MAY comes. :) I,ve got a feeling that i might be sick on the plane as it's a long flight and also in the car on the way down to the airport. I will need to take some strong sickness tablets with me. [face_sick]

6. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    12 hrs sounds long, but it passes quickly, what with the films, the talking etc... and you can always have a drink and go to sleep, which is what I do .

7. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    Found a page with customer reviews of air new zealand. On the whole they were good but this one jumped out the page at me...

18 May 2006

LHR-LAX-LHR Pacific Economy. Said goodbye to American Airlines after their decision to re-fit the seats they removed from economy. I was not surprised by the complete contrast between these two airlines. It was refreshing to be made welcome and feel as though you were not an intrusion to the cabin crew's routine. As on previous flights with ANZ the crew were friendly, courteous and professional. The meals were delicious and wine, as with all the beverages, was free. The IFE was great.

YES!

Used american Airlines to go to C3 and was outraged that they charaged for drinks on long haul flights.

8. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    I keep telling you us "Downunders" take care of you lot, but you won't believe me! ;)

9. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Guess who's staying with you guys. [face_mischief]

10. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    :eek: Natalie Portman?!

11. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    If I was going, I'd so shotgun sharing a bed with her.

12. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    On one hand I'm Like, YAY Joes sharing with us.... on the other I think about not getting our deposit back..... lol

13. quigonjaf1961

quigonjaf1961 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2006
    Hi Guys and Ladies
    I am firming up my arrangements in the next week or so if my friend does not come with me i would love to join with you for all of the fun-but if you dont have any space left in your house and anybody wants it i will have a space in my room,please let me know,even if i dont stay with all of you doesnt mean that i cant meet up with does it ? either way please let me know,also i will let you know about my flight arrangements,i will try to travel the same day as you from London and will meet all of you at LAX

14. Yaddle_wisewoman

Yaddle_wisewoman Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2006
    The flight details were posted earlier and haven't changed. Here they are again incase you missed them.

I'm not sure what time we're going to meet up at the airport on the sunday though.

15. quigonjaf1961

Apr 26, 2006
    Yaddle i looked at your itinery and the price ANZ gave me was £577 which is way too high so what i am going to do is book with a different airline and just try to travel at the same time as you if i can look at another site with cheaper prices i will try for you flight it will be great to travel with you

16. Yaddle_wisewoman

Yaddle_wisewoman Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2006
    £577! Wow!! Sorry, but i'm soo glad i bought our tickets almost 2weeks ago. Thats quite a price hike! Then again, i've never bought flight tickets before so I had no idea prices are so volatile!!

Really hope you can find something reasonable quigonjaf1961!!!

17. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    Bloody hell, Hang on...... Flights are going back up again.

Yep shes right £577, all the saver seats have gone. Thats a bummer.

Dial a flight are doing £395
    Air France £464
    KLM £480

http://www.ebookers.com/afo/flights/step2.html?SID=RS5JMwrfNGwAAEFbBkM&jsort=c

E bookers are doing flights for £350. its from LGW , one stop over.

UNfortunately the Rooms went last night. BUT if you cant get a roomie, the sofas do look very big at this place....
    And of course nothing stops us from meeting up.

18. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    £577!?!?

Damn that price went up fast! Good thing we got the tickets when we did! [face_dancing]

19. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    Whoa, I'm glad I rang around and told everyone to get tickets when I did. If we'd waited till those kind of prices I would never have been able to go! That's almost as much as the entire holiday is going to cost.

20. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    yep, but if you have travelled a bit you get a feeling for whats a good price. Cant believe when the original memebers of Duran got together I paid over £700 for a return flight to LA to see them !

21. quigonjaf1961

Apr 26, 2006
    Hey everybody
    I will probably be flying in on the 23rd if any of you fancy a trip out to LAX to meet me i will be thrilled to see you all!!!

22. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    Well it's been announced. The CIV tickets go on sale on Monday 30th October at 12 noon PST. Now, I don't know if that will be 8pm or 7pm here because of the wonderful change over of clocks this weekend.

Details about the tickets etc are here:

http://boards.theforce.net/fanforce_star_wars_celebration_iv/b10611/25433345/p1/?8

4-Day passes (which include the fifth day for Hyperspace members) are $110, so about $15 more expensive than CIII

23. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Sweet!

That's my birthday. :D

24. Phantom_Jedi

Phantom_Jedi Jedi Master star 1

Oct 4, 2002
    Everyone get their badges okay?

Oh, and make that a definite for me and Mrs Obi now. We're going to Celebration IV in LA!!!!

Obi

25. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    Great news Mr and Mrs Obi :D The more the merrier :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.