main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration 4 roll call! **Meeting info in first post**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jedi Trace, Jan 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    This will be a day long remembered?

30 years and counting, baby! [face_peace]

The 4th Star Wars Celebration will be held at the Los Angeles Convention Center, May 24-28, 2007.

Who?s going? What do you want to see? What author(s) would you like to interrogate?um, I mean?meet? ;)

Let?s discuss!

(I?ll be there: got my tickets, hotel and flight all booked. :D )

Helpful link: FanForce Celebration 4 Forum

[b][color=blue]Here are the planned FanFic meet-ups for C 4:[/color][/b] [face_grin]

[b][color=blue]Friday 9 am at IHOP on 800 S. Flower St[/color][/b]. The LACC is at 1201 S. Figueroa St. Flower and Figueroa are parallel streets, one block apart, running NNE/SSW. The cross streets run WNW/ESE. So, going from the LACC, you go 4 long blocks NNE and 1 short block ESE to get to the IHOP. [b]Dianethx [/b] is planning to arrive early and reserve us a table under the name ?fanfic.?

[b][color=blue]Friday 9 pm-ish at the South Hall Lobby after opening ceremonies[/color][/b]. [b]Ardavenport [/b] will have a sign that says ?TFN Fanfic forum users?

Other places to find friends:

[b]The FanForce table[/b]

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/JediDajuan/FanForceB2.jpg]

Several of us are manning it at times and it?s a good place to meet folks and make plans.

[b]Celebration Saturday Night![/b]

Gather in Hall K for a mixer with your fellow Star Wars fans from all around the world. There will be music and conversation, plus food and drinks to buy. No charge for admittance, just come and have some fun and make new friends from the worldwide Star Wars community! 9:30 pm ? 12:30 am.

2. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    I can't make it so it doesn't matter. :_|

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Of course I'll be there. It's just up the road. :p

4. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Quiet you and your CA-ness! I used to have the CA-ness too! :_|

Hopefully I'll be there. *crosses fingers*

-Krystal

5. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    *bounces in excitedly* I'm going! :D I want to interrogate Zahn. No "meeting" about it - I want to pick that man's brain about both Mara and writing in general. Not that I'm actually expecting to be able to do so, but that's what I'd like. :p Other than that, I just want to meet all the people I've been hanging out with around here for years. I'll be pouncing both of you at some point, Trace and Mi. :p

rebel_cheese: [:D]

Edit: You posted while I was typing, Krystal. I'll pounce you if you're there, too. :p

6. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    I wish I was going. :_|

7. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    To all those going, I hate you all just a little bit more than usual. :p

8. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    What is this an Archive celebration? :p

9. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    Herman and Mariah: Perhaps you'll make it. Always in motion, the future is. [face_thinking] I'll buy a round of root beer if you do. ;) Also, we're all immune to your hate, Herman. :p

10. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    Archive celebration at Gabri's!!! :D

Just root beer or do I get a root beer float.

I would sooooooo love to go. Maybe we'll see what Uncle Sam owes me after I file. :p

11. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    Take me with you if you do. :p Gabri can I crash with you? ;)

12. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Archive editors do not get to hog the thread! :p

Also, I'm going. :)

13. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    Gabri, how about instead of buying that root beer, you buy a plane ticket for me? O:) [face_mischief]

14. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    Of course you can, Mariah. :D As long as we throw that bum Herman out when he starts getting too rowdy. :p And yes, Herman, you can have a root beer float. :p

Edit: No to that ticket business, Herman. :p And Bri-chan! You, I'm definitely pouncing. [:D] And probably thwacking, just because. :p

15. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    To offset the abundance of archivists I'll be there. :D We're flying in on Friday.

16. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    I'm really really really hoping I'll be able to make it![face_praying]

17. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I'll be there. I dithered around about going, since I was most unhappy with GenCon's performance last time. But I just don't get to go to many SW things where I am, but I can do CIV. Got the tickets and hotel, but am pondering whether I want to take the red-eye home on Monday.

Guests? Guests? I could trip over almost any guest and not know who they are. But the R2D2 Builders.....if they have a room again, they're worth checking out, more than once. And really, the whole purpose for CIV is so I can wear Jedi costumes for five days in a row (different outfit for each day), with an Alliance trooper thrown in here or there. :D

And how will people from here find each other??? I think I'll be doing a lot of sitting at the fan tables.

Honestly, I don't think of CIV as a convention, it's like a Star Wars trade show. It doesn't have the amenities that I get at SF cons, but it's got all the flash and zing.

18. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I'll be there. Got a room and tickets.

19. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Doesn't look good for me :( , but things can always change. [face_good_luck] I'm going to remain hopeful, right up to the end. [-o| [face_mischief]

I only want to go to meet all those on the boards. [face_love] [:D] [face_love] [:D] [-o|

20. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Once a program schedule comes out, we'll be able to make plans for meet-ups and, hopefully, a TFN fanfic dinner like we had at C 3. (Which I missed, because it was during Opening Ceremonies. :( )

The parties are good for meeting people. There will be an "official" rave, as well as FanForce/Rebel Legion/501st, etc. parties. Some of us also exchanged cell phone numbers last time to arrange get-togethers.

Everyone, be sure to add your names to the Master Hotel List in the C 4 Forum. You might be staying in the same building with a fellow fanfic pal! :D

21. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I'm going and I'm hoping to meet some of the tfn'ers there. I had a great time with the dinner at CIII. We'll just have to make sure we pick a day that doesn't include opening ceremonies...:D

22. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    I'll be there, all I have to do is get my plane tickets...

23. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    I've got my tickets bought and hotel reserved!

Ironic, though, that I move to Indiana, an hour north of Indianapolis, and they decide to move C4 to LA. :rolleyes:

I was so hoping I'd be able to do it 'on the cheap'. :D

24. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Bri and Gabri, YAY!!!!!

25. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Got my plane tickets and such, I'm there. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.