main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration 4 roll call! **Meeting info in first post**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jedi Trace, Jan 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Did you photoshop someone out of one of the pics with Karen Traviss or was that a really black cloak someone was wearing?

Great pics, btw. Boy, I thought I saw a lot, but apparently not quite everything.

2. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Oh, I think that was me. [face_blush] I usually don't like having my photo on the internet - I appreciate the thought, Trace. (I think I'm okay with being seen by other fanficcers, though. :p )

3. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    That's understandable. We'll just steal an idea from another franchise and call it an early Cloak of Invisibility proto-type. :p

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Finally feeling a bit better. Yesterday was not a good day for travel for me. And I still feel like I'm dragging. It was great to get the chance to meet with those I did. [:D]

5. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Well, I also posted the link to those pics in my FanForce, so I wasn't sure. I'll take the 'cloak' off if you'd like - just let me know. :)

6. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Traci, you got a pic of the mom and daughter Maras! We saw them leaving, but were too far away to get a picture of them. Weren't they adorable? :D

7. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I started getting my voice back today. It was going hoarse on Monday, and was completely gone yesterday. :(

8. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    Something must have been going around. I got a throat cold around Sunday. Or maybe it was the air, I dunno, because it's mostly cleared up now. :)

It was great to meet everyone for breakfast! I was irritated that the bomb scare nixed meeting after Opening Ceremonies. DarthIshtar, I tried looking for you, but I didn't see any Pink Five costumes.

9. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I also have a sore throat and I'm really really tired still.

It was wonderful meeting people for breakfast at least!

10. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    I am so going through post con depression.

There was so much to do and see I really hate being home again.

11. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    It was nice coming home and not being sick like I was after C3 - I didn't get stuck in the freezing cold this time. I'm still uploading pictures. I'll post a link when I'm done.

Pod people - if you want to see the pictures, PM me with your email address and I'll send them to you.

12. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Seems the 'Con Crud' is far less than it was after C3 - that round knocked a LOT of people on their collective bums for weeks!

I finally got my ankle wrapped as it hurt like a son of a gun to drive in... [face_blush]

13. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I was home from work sick yesterday, sore throat and fever. Now back to reality, sigh...

Breezy love... you mean 7-Ups, right? ;):p

14. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    QFT! Personally, one of the things I miss most is seeing Jedi walking around and hearing names like "Anakin" and "Obi-Wan" in random conversations. How long is it until C5? :p

15. SkalenFehl

SkalenFehl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    That was a lot of fun. Is there somewhere on these boards for sharing pictures?

16. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Gabri: Weren't they cute!?! [face_love] I also saw mom & daughter Leias (mom in ceremonial and daughter in senatorial) but they were eating lunch so I didn't want to interrupt them for a pic.

I hear y'all about the post-Con depression. [:D] It's been rough this time and Tim is still sick in bed. :( Between the blues and the new book, I'm not fit for civilized company this week.

Some of us are just posting our links in this thread. I think there might be an official thread over in the C 4 forum, maybe.

17. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Aye, there is a thread in the C-IV forum. Dingo started it, and it was made the offical one and stickey-ed to the top of the forum. :) Lots of good photos being shared!

18. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I think I was lucky -- I came back from CostumeCon at the beginning of April with some horrible flu that lasted a week, so I think I must have had some lingering immunity to whatever was going around. At least that's the theory.

CIV was quite fun, but I was ready to come home -- well, my feet were ready to come home. They're all good now, but 5-6 days in Jedi boots, walking around on concrete convention center floors is a little tiring. Though I will more favorably consider CV. The schedule for Celebration is really very light for a convention of that size -- I think of it as more a Star Wars trade show than a convention, since it's organized more like that. But I still didn't get to everything I wanted to do.

19. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Did anyone post the photos of our breakfast meet on Friday?

20. Lovely-in-Orange

Lovely-in-Orange Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2005
    It was great meeting everyone at IHOP and at the Figueroa! You all are a lot of fun.

I managed to get a couple of pictures (they are on page 4). And I didn't mean to get all the pictures just as everyone was eating a big bite of pancakes. But if it makes you feel better, you can laugh at my eye-hurting orange Star Wars Holiday Special costume.

21. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Skalen, too bad you hadn't posted in this thread to try and meet up. :( :(

haven't gotten all my pics up yet. Still working on that.

22. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Diane: I have IHOP pictures. I'm also having uploading problems (operator problems of course [face_blush] ) I should have them up tonight.

23. WyoJedi

WyoJedi Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 2005
    Well, I know I didn't get to meet up with any of ya'll, but I've got pics too. I'm in the middle of uploading them and when I have them ready to go I will post a link!

Cheers,
    Wyo

24. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    I am still SO bummed I wasn't able to make the IHOP meet-up. I hung around after the bomb threat, though. And I got to see some people strut their stuff at the dance mixer. Though I have to say that at that event, Tim's puppet rendition of Mace's death takes the cake for best moment of the evening. :p [face_laugh]

25. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Well, next time we'll have to make plans for more than one meet-up (or two :p ).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.