main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration Anaheim 2022: What will they unveil?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by cerealbox, May 14, 2019.

?

The main event of Celebration Anaheim 2020 is...........?

Poll closed Apr 14, 2020.
  1. Cassian Andor series

14 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. More Mandalorian

19 vote(s)
    33.9%
  3. B & D trilogy plans for 2022

7 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Sequel Trilogy aftermath

6 vote(s)
    10.7%
  5. Resistance or other cartoon

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  6. Other

9 vote(s)
    16.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    - Details on the next Star Wars movies. General direction of the films and when it is set will be revealed. They'll reveal a person overseeing the new movies so that we don't get a repeat of the ST and the first director will be announced.

- Mandalorian season 2. Next set of directors announced, new details, maybe some new cast members shown. Baby Yoda will show up.

- Cassian series. Story details and cast revealed.

- Maybe some details on the Obi-Wan series. It is filming this year.

- 2 new animated shows. The first one will be the Dr Aphra one that has leaked and the other one will be the Rebels sequel and I predict Luke will be one of the main characters because Luke was spent most of his time in the Unknown regions post ROTJ, he can learn from Ahsoka and Ezra and it would be another way to appease Luke fans after the ST. Filoni did a good job with Anakin so I would like to see him working with Luke.

- Books. Project Luminous will be the main focus.

- Games. New updates to Battlefront II. Ahsoka and Ventress will finally be added (please probably won't happen though). Rogue One content will return from the first game. Scariff will return and Jyn and Krennic will be playable again. The Battle of Yavin mode from the first game will also return. Maybe there'll be a hint at Fallen Order 2 coming. More details on Lego Star Wars the Skywalker Saga (give us the option to only have grunts).

- New details on comics. Maybe the new Star Wars series in between TESB and ROTJ will kind of adapt Shadows of the Empire.

- TESB 40th aniversary panel.

- A sequel trilogy retrospective panel where they have to pretend that they didn't **** it up for an hour.

- Clone Wars retrospective panel where they reflect on the series now that it's actually finished. Maybe, just maybe we'll get some more unfinished episodes on Disney+

- Resistance retrospective panel.

It was just announced he is making Knifes Out 2 so it doesn't look like Rian is doing the next trilogy.

2. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    I feel like we’ll get some info about the 2022 film very little though hopefully I mean they’re announcing the director this month though hopefully with a basic plot so maybe just a sketch some character stuff that’s it probs.

Mostly Handless and black_saber like this.
  3. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I would love which I doubt will happen of these canceled Star Wars projects to be revived or just my ideal thoughts.

Here is my list.

Republic commando 2 to 3 games

Star Wars underworld tv show

Star Wars 1313 game

The force unleashed 3

Republic commando live action tv series for the Clone Wars.

Knights of the new republic set thousands of years after the sequel trilogy movies and tv shows live action

Star Wars tv series if they wanted too continue the skywalker saga base it off the legacy comic books set 120 years after Return of the Jedi.

Star Wars shadows of the Empire live action movie and I would not be opposed to CGI Luke or Leia done right and played out like what happened in Rogue one with Governor Tarkin

That’s just my thought of what I want of the stuff that are unlikely to happen. Wishful thinking. But it does not mean I am not excited for all the other Star Wars projects.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  4. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Ok, let's revise this a little in light of everything we know and is rumoured now.

40th Anniversary of Empire Strikes Back - likely to be the big Thursday opening panel
    Mandalorian Season 2 - almost definitely getting its own panel, probably biggest of the show after ESB anniversary
    Rebels Sequel Series - if this is truly coming this year then it will have it's own panel and probably premiere
    Disney Plus Panel - covering Cassian and Kenobi, combining these as I don't know if they'll have enough for a full panel each so far from launch, plus any new series (live or animated) could be covered here
    Future Films - High Republic? Just very early details, maybe some concept art, if they even have a panel like this

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  5. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I think there's a very good chance we'll get a future films panel for the presumed High Republic era. I think it's incumbent upon Lucasfilm to push these new films into sell hard territory, similarly to how they kicked off promoting Rogue One at Celebration Anaheim 2015. I think a discussion with Kennedy, the story group, and some of the filmmakers would go a long way to generating interest in the next phase of their cinematic storytelling. Showing concept art and maybe even making some casting announcements could be in the cards too.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  6. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Would seem rather early for casting news. Casting news for TFA came April 2014, for Rogue One it started in March 2015. Announcing anything this April would basically be one year earlier than in the past.

Writers and directors were obviously announced early. Other core crew-members mostly came in late summer / autumn two years out, which would be later this year if the same schedule would apply.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  7. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Celebration is at the end of August this year.

While I agree that casting announcements are probably unlikely, if there's a major lead A-lister for the one of the films, it wouldn't be unreasonable to get that news out early. For example, Alden Ehrenreich was confirmed to be playing Han in May 2016, and officially announced at Celebration Europe in July 2016, nearly two years before Solo was released.

8. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    After learning all we have about the future of SW films since this thread was started, I reluctantly voted "more Mandalorian." I suppose I could see how we might see a tease of something Cassian Andor related, but at this point the skeptic in me has acknowledged there will not likely be much to reveal this time around, as far as new SW live action material. Perhaps a "timeline,"-and maybe even (finally) an official announcement of what their plans are for future SW films in theaters, but no trailers or anything other than perhaps for Mandalorian season 2. It would behoove them to at least have SOME sort of concrete film release plan by this time though...

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  9. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Personally I am fine with big announcements that have perhaps a 25% chance of ever being made.
    It's fun. Gets people chattering.

So bring it ALL on, and apologise later.

Mostly Handless and Bor Mullet like this.
  10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  11. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    My main hope is that we get a lot of new info on the Cassian TV show. That's the most exciting project in the pipeline, IMO.

But I'd also like to hear more about the next series of films, and Obi-Wan. I have a feeling it will be light on the latter, but potentially heavy on the former.

I think Mandalorian Season 2 is a given, and I can't wait.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  12. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    They're going to unveil the next set of writers and directors that will be fired.

13. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I’d love to be hired and fired by Lucasfilm. Would be an honor. On the way in, and on the way out.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    GregMcP likes this.
  14. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Yeah, heh. And nobody's been fired when they're actually delivering, so...

15. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Is this a serious answer or is this one of your jokes?

Sometimes I can't tell. :p

I kid, I kid.

16. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
  17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I never joke about anything [face_plain]

18. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Being The Internets is serious business.

19. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I wish I could Is The Internets.

20. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    Good one.

21. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    Tickle-Me Baby Yoda.

22. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    Another trilogy starring Sheev Palpatine himself with nothing but him shooting lightning at people.

[​IMG]

^ Palpatine, probably

Bor Mullet and Mostly Handless like this.
  23. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Danny DeVito should take over for Ian when he's no longer able to play the role.

...I'd see it, anyway. What? Shut up.

24. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    I’m hoping for an announcement on the Cassian and Obi-wan TV shows, and maybe some info about future movies.

A teaser/BTS reel for Mando season 2 seems pretty much a given.

25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    That's one of my favorite memes. The line "Anyway, I started zapping" is just so perfect. I wish we got to hear Palpatine talking with one of his buddies in the back of a room, and saying that line.

cerealbox and InterestingLurker like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.