main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration Anaheim 2022: What will they unveil?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by cerealbox, May 14, 2019.

?

The main event of Celebration Anaheim 2020 is...........?

Poll closed Apr 14, 2020.
  1. Cassian Andor series

14 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. More Mandalorian

19 vote(s)
    33.9%
  3. B & D trilogy plans for 2022

7 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Sequel Trilogy aftermath

6 vote(s)
    10.7%
  5. Resistance or other cartoon

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  6. Other

9 vote(s)
    16.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I also would love to hear more about those-as so far we've simply seen nothing but the title on a "release slate board," and not even a "timeline" really-with the exception of some vague details on Rogue Squadron. But that can always change! I respect that you deal in facts-I myself deal in concrete plans/details, meaning until there is any official news about the production of those different series/films taking place, I try not to get too attached or excited-as they can always be delayed or even straight up cancelled (we've seen it before-in more than just this franchise).

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Does anyone know how mutch it cost if i wanted to go, was bit confused when searching for it.

3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Depends. If you want to go for all four days I believe tickets themselves range in the 60 bucks per day. Then you have to factor in travel costs and lodging. The Celebration site offers discounts for rooms when tickets go on sale but they go very fast so you need to schedule right after you buy your tickets. You can always stay further away for cheaper* but travel is a ***** especially if you have merchandise. That’s another factor you have to account for. How much merchandise are you looking to buy. Then obviously there’s food too. All told it can be pretty pricey but well worth it. Going to Celebration Orlando remains one of the best experiences I’ve ever had as a fan.

*Like I said staying a little further away from the event will be cheaper but in my opinion it isn’t worth it. Celebration isn’t all about the convention. There’s so many things going on outside of the event like parties and other gatherings that you miss if you stay too far away. Some of the best times I had at Celebration was talking to other fans.

4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    This.
    Celebration is a lot of fun for so many reasons, but the #1 thing was just interacting with the other fans. It's basically like these forums, but with less hate, and, well, IRL.

I really want to go to another Celebration, but it'll probably have to wait until the next time they have one in Europe.

5. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    As hard as it is to believe, we're only a little over four months away from Star Wars Celebration Anaheim 2020 2022.

We're going into this with Rogue Squadron indefinitely postponed while Patty Jenkins remains attached to the project, Taika Waititi still attached to his nameless film, the Kevin Feige produced movie still a ways off with a screenwriter attached, Rian Johnson's nebulous trilogy not officially cancelled, and spurious rumors of an Old or High Republic movie being developed in secret.

Does everyone think we'll get any movie news out of Celebration at all, or will the focus entirely be on Star Wars' TV future on Disney+?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
  6. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Ha well we'll see if Celebration still moves forward for May. It was originally pushed back to August and then bumped up. But I'm hopeful the state of the world will improve a bit as summer approaches.

But yes, while the future of the filmmaking side of things is as nebulous as ever, I don't think Disney has actually scrapped the release date in 2023 for a Star Wars film. So maybe Celebration is where Lucasfilm announces what takes the place of Rogue Squadron? The replacement film could feasibly be in preproduction and development for months without any kind of formal announcement until just before filming begins, which would have to be this summer, or early fall at the latest.

And yes, otherwise I think the main focus will be on all forthcoming Disney+ series: Kenobi, Andor and Bad Batch season 2 for sure, and possibly Mandalorian season 3, Ahsoka and The Acolyte.

7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Or the 2023 film could still be Rogue Squadron now that Jenkins’ scheduling conflict has been resolved with her dropping out of directing Cleopatra.

8. ewoksimon

Oct 26, 2009
    I thought Jenkins' priority right now was Wonder Woman 3?

9. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Yeah, I think Wonder Woman 3 is the more imminent roadblock. If it's not, I'd love to see Rogue Squadron made sooner rather than later; I feel like one of a handful of people who were actually really enthusiastic about the project it was announced. That said... I absolutely wouldn't say no to seeing Taika Waititi's movie moved up to 2023, nor to a hypothetical Old Republic or High Republic movie taking the spot, so long as enough work has silently been done behind the scenes that it's not a rush job.

Riv_Shiel and Sarge like this.
  10. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    In addition to all the tv stuff I definitely want to see some more concrete movie news, some roadmap or something with set dates and clear ideas of what’s to come

11. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Call me a pessimist, but I'm not expecting Celebration to happen. Hopefully the world is at a stage where it's possible by then, but...
    If not, I hope they do some sort of digital event instead. They really should have done that back in 2020.

Riv_Shiel and Bor Mullet like this.
  12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

Digital Celebration?

13. ewoksimon

Oct 26, 2009
    I suspect they'll wait a couple months to make a determination whether to postpone again or go virtual. They didn't announce Celebration 2020 was postponed until just a couple months prior. I actually think they'd revert back to the initially rescheduled August 18-21 dates first.

14. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    Yeah I think they will wait until spring to officially make a decision. Most are saying that this Omicron variant will start to subside by the end of the month. If that happens and another variant doesn't hit us then I think it would be good to keep these events on with strict safety precautions in play.

15. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    Hopefully they do a digital event if it can’t happen.

Lee_ and Bor Mullet like this.
  16. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Everything’s going digital. If you’re an annual event organizer, and not moving into digital events, you’re condemning the event.

Lee_ likes this.
  17. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Yeah, that's pretty much everywhere for internet vs in person. It's a little more uncomfortable to be a creep to someone in person than on the internet from behind a keyboard. Social etiquette is harder to come by on the net.

I think you plan on digital events in the long run and hope it changes and you can hold in person. Omicron burned through South Africa and UK pretty quickly, but then again, we have way worse Covid numbers here, and have since the beginning, so it may take longer.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
  18. ladygrey45

Dec 30, 2015
    I feel like film festivals are harder to have digital but a hype event like celebration is easier plus the guests don’t have to fly out.

19. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I think the responsible thing would be to postpone the physical Celebration until the pandemic is definitely over, if it would mean to wait until 2024 or 2025.

But we'll see...

Bor Mullet likes this.
  20. ladygrey45

Dec 30, 2015
    They can still announce stuff at a digital one.

21. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah, just do it online.

22. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    I'm imagining online Celebration that's like Portlandia's Absentee Concert Goer episode, but with a convention hall full of drones bumping into one another. Cut to people at home frustratingly jockeying their drones to get a better view of things.

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Use the event to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Hyperspace Webcam and have us all pay a premium price and then just aim a lo-res webcam at a ladder leaning against a wall and have an occasional unidentifiable puppet be carried by.

24. ewoksimon

Oct 26, 2009
    For those of you playing the home game, I just got an e-mail today from Celebration regarding fan activity and crew applications, with a January 31st deadline. So at the moment, it doesn't seem like plans are changing.

25. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    And they probably won't until we see what things are like around March. These variants tend to die off pretty quickly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.