main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC22 Celebration Anaheim (2022) Appearances and Signings

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Gamma626, Jun 13, 2019.

1. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    No exclusive announced. Guess they're not having one this year.

2. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    That's...really disappointing.

I feel like a lot of stuff we had last Celebration isn't returning for this one.

3. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I mean they could still announce more stuff, the website was WIP yesterday so might not be finish as they haven't officially announced the signings and stuff yet. But I guess I'm just expecting lackluster vendor exclusives this year given what we've seen so far (where pretty much everything is just shared or early release)

Darkslayer likes this.
  4. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Ya that’s why I made the comment I did too, haha.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  5. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    I noticed all of Tem's photo ops are scheduled in the afternoons. Does that mean he will be signing in the morning on Thursday and Friday?

6. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Not necessarily. He could be at the Lucasfilm panel.

7. BrentC007

Oct 6, 2002
    Yeah, that's true. Hopefully they update with the autographing time schedule tomorrow.

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    StarWarsFan1997 likes this.
  9. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Doesn't look like it. If you're lucky, maybe you'll get it next week.

BrentC007 likes this.
  10. eastbayrudy

eastbayrudy Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2022
    Does anyone know if the signatures come with any kind of authentication? For example, do they affix some kind of hologram or give you a certificate or something stating its authentic? I really hope they do for the prices we are about to pay.

11. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    They did when it was Topps as long as it was a Star Wars item. I don't think OPix has said anything though.

12. My young Padawan

My young Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 13, 1999
    Official Pix typically uses a holographic sticker. Star Wars Authentics by Topps was great. The holographic sticker was small, and you could actually add additional autographs to your autographed item in the future. They would simply scan the holographic sticker in order to add the additional autograph to their database. If Official Pix attempt to stick one of its holographic shields to any of my autographed items, I will pass. I have actually seen examples of that gigantic shield being positioned on a piece of an autograph. Buyer beware.

13. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Seen a few comments and screenshots on discord and it looks like only Ewan is getting timed autograph slots, everyone else is just turn up on the day you ordered for. Also, Epic Photo Ops is apparently just running the photos on the day not the autos.

14. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Welp...I'm glad I didn't order any autos then.

Darkslayer likes this.
  15. My young Padawan

Sep 13, 1999
    The attendance will not be anything like it has been in the past. I truly believe that. I do not believe that there will be an issue, particularly considering the celebrities in attendance. If the report is true, it is actually very good news for fans.

Last edited: May 20, 2022
  16. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Tem, Lourd and Tran are all sold out. Ashley has multiple days sold out. Katee has a day sold out. Those lines won't be light and could easily be a multiple hour wait with no time slotting.

Last edited: May 20, 2022
  17. My young Padawan

Sep 13, 1999
    Two hours maximum. No different than any other typical comic convention. We just need to know when the guests will be available for autographs. They will certainly not be sitting in an autograph booth all day.

18. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I assume you weren't at Orlando.

19. BrentC007

Oct 6, 2002
    I’m glad I only got Ewan and Tem’s autographs. There are a couple more guests I’m interested in, but I don’t they’re In danger of selling out, so I might wait and see how things are run and then possibly buy on site at Official Pix’s booth. We will see.

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  20. Adam Christopher

Adam Christopher Author of Shadow of the Sith VIP

Oct 13, 2021
    The exclusive for this SWC is the $250 High Republic boxset. Which... does look pretty great, actually. Editor Tom Hoeler posted some nice pics on Twitter.

My own appearances are listed here. I'll be signing an exclusive Shadow of the Sith poster, and if you bring a pre-order receipt for Shadow from any bookstore, you'll get a prize bundle which includes an exclusive Darth Vader pin!

Last edited: May 21, 2022
  21. My young Padawan

Sep 13, 1999
    I was at Star Wars Celebration Orlando 2017. Mark Hamill’s line was two hours long. So were some of the other guest’s lines. They just need to make sure that they do not oversell the number of autographs for each guest to sign. I agree that scheduling times is better for the wait, but it is terrible if we want to attend something else in that small window. This gives us more flexibility.

22. My young Padawan

Sep 13, 1999
    Thanks, Adam! I pre-ordered Shadow of the Sith on Amazon. Hope to see you there!

Last edited: May 23, 2022
    Adam Christopher likes this.
  23. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    [​IMG]

24. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    This implies more than Ewan will have time slots. I understand not doing it for all. Like 20% of the guests in the convention center had no dialogue (the whole guest list is bizarre. They have to be praying each night Ewan doesn't cancel). Doing slots for the popular guests is a must though.

Last edited: May 21, 2022
  25. My young Padawan

Sep 13, 1999
    It sounds like the guests who are attending panels and/or have a lot of photo ops scheduled may have set times. I am only speculating. Thanks for the update, Star Wars Is Good.