main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 Celebration Chicago Appearances and Signings

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MotivateR5D4, May 28, 2018.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Jeremy Bulloch announced in 2018 that he would be 'retiring' from fan events. So I don't think he will be on the guest list.

Padme501st likes this.
  2. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    I hope this isn't true, My top five to see would be Ford, Hamill, Felicity. Daisy, and Emilia. I didn't expect Ford to be there again but really was hoping some of the other four would be.

3. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    James Earl Jones, Ahmed Best and Harrison Ford are on the top of my list,
    in that order.

4. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Well, there's no way Daisy isn't there for the IX panel. She's always been considered a long shot at best to sign. For Orlando, Mark wasn't announced until pretty close to the show and there were rumors out there that he wasn't going to do it. There's so many moving parts to these things that while information may be accurate (or not) now, things can change quickly.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  5. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    Exactly. I'm hoping Mark changes his mind if he really isn't going and decides to come for the fans anyway

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  6. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    If he decides to come it might also be that he comes for a panel, but won't sign or do photos.

Padme501st and star_wars_is_good like this.
  7. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Jones and Ford aren't happening, but I'm holding out hope for Best. It just seems like the timing is right if he's going to do it.

8. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I remember when NYCC announced him in 2017, their release said it would be his final con appearance. Mark came out and quickly denied that, but it makes you wonder...

Padme501st likes this.
  9. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Everybody must watch this.

KyloSpence, ChrisLyne and Padme501st like this.
  10. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    I didn't know this was the actor behind the voice and wasn't sure if this was some sort of comedic monologue. I almost laughed at 1:20 because his reason seemed to be the punchline and then realized it was serious and this was the actual actor behind the voice. It makes you think about every critical comment you see written about anything can be taken very personally by the person behind the subject matter. His comments on the racial tones on some of the comments is so sad. Thank you for posting.

11. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    That video is so heartbreaking. To hear all the hopes and dreams he had prior to the release, knowing how he was received and then to hear him tell how the backlash affected him personally... it’s eye opening. Thanks for posting

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  12. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    I've known the seriousness of this actor for ages, hence, the reason why I would
    like to meet him personally just to let Ahmed know that there are fans out there who are
    indeed respectful of his acting ability. Meeting him would make Celebration so complete.

ChrisLyne, groove790 and Padme501st like this.
  13. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Ahmed's story is heartbreaking.

I'll be sad if Mark Hamill isn't there. Not doing signings/photo ops I understand, they really seemed to take it out of him in London and Orlando, but I really hope he's there for the IX panel and his regular Q&A, it's such a joy to listen to his stories.

14. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    Guest announcement part 1
    https://www.starwars.com/news/voice-actors-headed-to-star-wars-celebration-chicago

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    ChrisLyne likes this.
  15. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    No major names there so far. They might be waiting to see if they have film commitment issues

16. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    I expect big names next month honestly. Though I got to say, James Arnold Taylor is tempting.

17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    He's fairly major in the animated series.

Padme501st likes this.
  18. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    JAT is very tempting.

Padme501st likes this.
  19. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    JAT is very tempting! If Matt Lanter is there then a double autograph would be amazing!

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  20. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    Just seeing his name, I can hear his voice for Obi Wan in my head. With the CW coming back one last time, I’d say he will be very popular

21. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Yeah, I wonder want Lanter would charge after starring in Timeless?

22. groove790

groove790 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 16, 2010
    James Arnold Taylor is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. I'm super excited that he will be there. I've met him several times and I'm excited to introduce my son to him this time. To be honest he is the only one on that list that excites me so far.

23. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Anyone a little nervous that they released a wave of actors, but did not put tickets on sale? With Orlando, they sold autos and photo ops as guests were announced. If they were to wait until everyone is announced and then put everything up at once, it will make the hotel chaos look like nothing.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  24. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    No Mark seems fairly obvious after a year of people using his quotes against Disney/Lucasfilm. I seriously doubt they want him in a position where people could badger him about Luke without some kind of buffer.

Which makes me incredibly sad. They're going to have to have some great PT and OT guests (or R1) for me to make my way to Chicago now. Mark was a big reason I wanted to go, and if he's not actually going to be there, I'm significantly less interested.

25. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Eh, I don't really think people are going to pay $250 or so to get in a TLJ debate with him. Hayden wasn't dealing with prequel haters when he signed (at least I didn't hear of anything). Besides, the interaction is so brief anyway.

ChrisLyne likes this.