main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 Celebration Collectibles

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Rox , Feb 3, 2017.

1. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
  2. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    Funko Lottery is live!

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    The ultimate collection will be displaying at Celebration. Steve Sansweet and Rancho Obi-Wan will be in Booth 2701 near to the main entrance of Exhibit Hall B. Hit the link for more details on the display. Current members (and new ones if you join before April 5) will get a pass to bypass the line. There will also be merchandise available and a raffle - hit the link to see details. Steve Sansweet will also be signing autographs - for free!

whostheBossk likes this.
  4. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    DieWompRatDie likes this.
  5. Echosen

Echosen Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2017
  6. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    How is that even possible? With the lottery can vendors still scalp?

7. Echosen

Feb 1, 2017
    Its like some insider concert tickets stuff I've encounter where tickets appear on stub hub weeks before the tickets even go on sale. Some1 has 20 qui gons ghost for sale, 6 rey on speeder. maybe employee perks? or employee theft?

8. 80ninjas

80ninjas Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2014
    Damn the prices are all over the place. Some of them aren't the official Funko ebay account, so either they've been guaranteed pieces by Funko or they're guessing they'll be able to get them.

9. Echosen

Feb 1, 2017
    I think your right, i guess certain Funko Distributors are guaranteed an allotment...?
    So still SWCO exclusive, just not that exclusive? But with the lottery make it feel super exclusive..haha
    I would think their eBay rating wouldn't be so high though, if some1 sold goods and didn't deliver, even with a refund..Im not sure tho, i sometimes buy on eBay but rarely sell.

10. 80ninjas

Apr 25, 2014
    Funko's listings all guarantee a refund if they don't ship within 30 days. None of the others make that guarantee as far as I can see (and some even so no refunds period). So if I were going to grab one off ebay then I'd only buy from the Funko listings.

11. Thrawn Solo

Thrawn Solo Jedi Youngling

Jan 13, 2017
    dumb question, but I've never been to Celebration. Do they ever sell past Celebration store exclusives during other Celebrations? Ive been looking for something since Celebration VI and its been hard to find for years. thanks in advance

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Don't know about that, but I have seen the Europe exclusives (not necessarily from the shop) pop up at The Entertainer (UK toy chain). I got a couple at my local one, though it was some time after the Celebration in question. For example - I found the concept R2-D2 & C-3PO on card from the first London Celebration (2007) in a plastic case for £3.00 at my local shop. For that price I grabbed it. For US celebrations, you might have some luck with the larger toy chains or the Amazon marketplace. Of course there's always ebay as well. In this case this figure was from the store, according to Rebelscum.

You can see a pic of the figures here on Rebelscum.

whostheBossk likes this.
  13. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    Reedpop has some past Celebration stuff in their online store but it's basically whatever they couldn't sell. If they sold out usually your best bet is ebay and crazy pricing

Still sad I couldn't get my hands on those Salicious Crumb clocks in Anaheim :(

14. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    No one in my family got into the Funko lottery. Hopefully the ones we want are available at other stores like in past years.

15. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    I didn't get in but my friend did. Thursday at 12pm. We are planning on staying overnight for the 40th panel, which ends at 12:30pm. She is like "are you kidding me??"

16. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    I'm a big Funko collector, but got shut out of the lottery.

17. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    When did the Funkos get so popular? They're cool little items to have no doubt, but the demand I have seen for them is just crazy sometimes.

18. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Within the last couple years.

19. 80ninjas

Apr 25, 2014
    Haven't gotten anything from Funko regarding the lottery. Not sure if I should take that as a good sign or bad XD

20. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

Ditto.

21. Docgeo

Docgeo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 26, 2013
    I am so angry and frustrated by the Funko lottery! This is my first celebrations and I was so looking forward to getting some of those great pop's. I didn't get in on any of the days. I am starting to believe that this trip isn't going to be as great as I have imagined a Star Wars convention would be over the last 40 years.

22. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    A lot of the Funko pops are shared exclusives, so it shouldn't be too hard to pick them up outside of the con.

23. Docgeo

Docgeo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 26, 2013

I appreciate the positive response especially with the catastrophic thinking I am having over this and the wrist bands I need to wait in line for to see panels !! I have rarely ever seen any outside of Ebay for ridiculous prices. It could be the area I am in because there are only about 5-6 stores in the and around the base I am stationed that carry them.

24. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    The store opens to the public at 2pm every day as well. That doesn't mean they'll have any left of what you want but you never know and may have a chance to grab at Celebration what you want

25. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I believe Hot Topic will have Han, Leia and Chopper. Gamestop will have Luke. ToysRUs will have Thrawn. Target will have Qui Gon. FYE will have the Clonetrooper. Hot Topic and Gamestop usually have their con exclusives available online around midnight the day the show starts.

Last year's Celebration pops were easy to pick up, so hopefully this year will be similar.