main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration III Tickets!!!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Jairen, Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    So, tickets for Celebration III have been confirmed. They go on sale from the site on Monday 27th September at 12 noon PDT. So, I make that about 9 in the evening on Monday for the UK residents. Does that seem right?

Hotels are bookable on the day with you ticket reference as I understand it.

4-Day Pass $95

Woohoo!!!!

I've been checking hotel prices and they are pretty freakin expensive. So, if anyone wants to go and share a room to bring the cost down, let me know. With flights at around £300, and the hotel cost for the five nights at £450 (for a single person), my costs are beginning to sky rocket.

2. BrianCameron

BrianCameron Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    I too will be looking to travel to C3, im from Inverness, but will most likely fly out from London. Perhaps we can travel together? Anyone else want to travel as a party.

3. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004

I will Prob. be flying out of London so count me in. Jedi trainee has booked a hotel for us that she stayed in last year because the ones connected to the centre are so very expensive. This is where we have reserved.

http://www.hiltongardenindianapolis.com/

(that better had worked)

As soon as I have a ticket I am booking a flight before the prices go up too much. I have a friend who works for Virgin who may get me a discount so its most likely I will be flying with them.

4. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    I've checked flights from London and they are about £300. Virgin will probably be more expensive, even with a discount I would have thought.

I'll check out that hotel as well.

So, when are you all thinking of going?

The convention is April 21st to 24th, so I was thinking of flying out on the 20th and then coming back on the 25th. I thought the 20th because other people I've spoken to rave about the opening ceremonies type bit so I really want to be there for that on the 21st.

5. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    Yeah definately go out on the 20th. I was going to come back on the 26th. If theres a party on the Sunday night, monday to recover, perhaps get a flight out late monday night, landing early tues. morning.

I'll have to see what my friend can do, he got me a flight to Washington for my friends wedding next month for £190!
    I asked him what time noon PDT was here in the UK and this is what he sent back

"If i'm correct PDT is 8 hours behind GMT, Los Angeles comes under PDT time. So 12 midday will be 4am GMT!"

6. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    LMFAO....

Um, yeah I looked it up and am correcting myself. It will be 8pm here. We're 8 hours ahead of them. So 12 noon over there is 8pm here.

26th sounds ok to me, especially if there is a party on the Sunday night. Nothing worse than a hangover on a plane!

7. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004

Christ, so much for him. Thank god I dont have to get up at some ungodly hour. Once we have all got tickets we can look for flights out of LHR?

8. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    I'm definitely up for that. I can't stand travelling alone over long distances. I've done it to the US twice and hated it both times. It's boring having no one to talk to.

That hotel you mentioned looks pretty good. If Brian is up for sharing, I'd definitely book there.

9. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    Jedi trainee found it. She went to celebration 2 so is savvy to whats what, She says its not far from the centre and its not as if we will be popping back to the room every 5 mins.

I dont mind flying on my own, good book, few drinks, bit of a kip, mind you , I do like my own company.

10. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    I know, I'm getting excited (mind out of gutter please people)! I think that now the tickets are actually available it's all becoming much more real!!!!

Well, a tiny preview the weekend of 2/3 October. Going down to Milton Keynes to the Collectormania. Carrie Fisher is going to be there and I really want to meet her. :D

11. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    I should be attending Collectormania! All being well that is lol

12. BrianCameron

BrianCameron Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    £110 a night seems a high price!

No twins available for sharing a room,

13. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    Brian, I checked, there were rooms with 2 double beds in for sharing, at $189 a night, which is about £105.

Split between two, that's only 52.50 a night which isn't too bad.

//editted because it didn't read right.

14. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    Scratch that.

I can get a room at that hotel, for $149 a night, 2 double beds. 20th - 26th April.

So, in on this or not Brian? That's basically £40 each per night. So for 6 nights that's only £240 each.

e-mail me on phill.berry@gmail.com if you're up for this.

15. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    Yihaa! On Monday I will get my ticket! Weee! :D

And I already have a hotel room, sharing it with 3 others... ends up at about $45 per person and night... pretty good I think. :)

16. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004

OKay, I'm putting the pointy hat on now (and not the one from Harry Potter) . Is being in hyper space the same as being in the fan club, because I'm in hyperspace and not the fan club. Does this mean that when I buy a ticket i dont get the lanyard etc?

17. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    I'm not sure about this one either V. When I clicked on the link to the Fan Club, it just took me to the hyperspace link, so perhaps they are the same. I'm going to log into hyperspace to buy my ticket anyway and see what happens.

18. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    At least in Sweden, if you pay for Hyperspace you get the fanclub deal (well, except the insider and the fanclub stuff... but the perks at C3). I have no idea how it works in the UK, since doesn't you guys have a fanclub in the UK?

19. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    Yep we do and it sucks, I signed up for the US fan club instead. But at the moment I am still not too impressed with that but that's another story.

Due to lack of funds I can't see me buying the ticket on Monday but will check it out anyway ;)

20. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    The US Fan Club comes with Hyperspace, but the UK one doesn't so I think you have to be a memeber of the official UK fan club to get the benefits (if you're from the UK that is ;) ). But I'm not entirely sure about that so please don't quote me onit ;)

Either way, I've re-new my membership to the UK one so hopefully all will be well......hmmm, don't quote me on that either :p

21. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    Does the UK Fan Club have a website?

22. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    http://www.titanpublishinggroup.com/fanclubs.html

That's the website you are to go to if you want to subscribe to the UK fan club (found the link on SW.com)

Matt I think you are right, normally you can only sign up to the fan club to the country that you live in. Unless you register with someone else's address of course ;)

23. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004

Oww not more money! I will have a look at some point today but I'm going to way up if the benefits are worth the cost.

24. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    Oooooooh! Star Wars Celebration website has been updated in preparation for tonight. The links are now up, though the page for registration is just info at the moment. Getting very excited!!!

Star Wars Celebration

25. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    I'm Pretty certain its hyper space you have to be a member of to get the privileges. When you are reading the C3 site it has alink to the fan club to join for privileges and it goes to the Hyperspace page. I wish i had broadband at home, I just know at 8pm tonight my PC will freeze.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.