main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration III

Discussion in 'Europe General Archive' started by Lady_Lucas, Jan 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    This is for my European friends, family and fellow fans. It is official! Celebration III will be April 21-24, 2005 and it will be in Indianapolis, Indiana. It will be the biggest Star Wars event ever! You can click on the link below for more details. I hope you can make it! :)

starwars.com/community/news/2004/01/news20040123.html

2. MacCaffrey

MacCaffrey VIP star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 2000
    Thanks for the link! :)

3. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    You are welcome!
    Also as a side note when I attended Celebration II in 2002 there was a small but pretty nice international turnout. I would like to see more people from around the world attend Celebration III!! I already have 6 french family members and friends who plan to attend and they are coming from Paris. :)

4. MacCaffrey

MacCaffrey VIP star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 2000
    It is really tempting and I wish I can come, but I am not sure, if I can. Exams and a like. ;)
    But I try. :)

5. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    Exams! I know how that goes, I just finished up at the university and graduated a month ago! I am glad I am finished with that! :D

I know it is a year and 3 months from now but it is a good idea to get some plans together or at least start to consider it. :) As we get closer to the date hopefully this thread will grow.

6. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    I'll be going, just have to get some money... ;)

So far we're four people from FF Sweden who are interested in going... :)

7. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    Awesome! It would be great to have fans from Sweden!
    :) keep in mind if anyone needs extra info or help just let me know. I live about an hour and a half from Indianapolis (I live in Cincinnati) and I know the city pretty well.

It is usually not too expensive to fly into Indianpolis you just have to find the right deals.

I am such a nerd to be so excited this far in advance but it really is a great experience! :)

8. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Oh, I'm already really excited about this, I'm definetly going (I'm one of those people enji is talking about).

9. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    It is going to be great! I am looking forward to meeting some of you there! :) I also hope those of you that plan on attending will try(if possible) to go in costume. :D

10. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    ...and it is really important to book your hotel pretty far in advance because they fill up quick!

11. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    I am already looking at hotels, shame they are so expensive though :(

12. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    On the Star Wars official web site I found this-- "Online ordering for tickets and discounted hotel rooms is scheduled to begin later this summer."

So maybe you can find a deal if you wait a couple of months and keep checking the Star Wars web site. :)

13. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Most hotel doesn't want to book anything more than a year in advance, so you start looking around april/may. From what I've heard the main hotels are very expensive, so I will probably have to find something else. Jeanie, if you find anything, could you please let me know. :)

14. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Sure will do :)

15. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    ok been searching and so far not looking too good, most places are hotels and the cheapest I found is about $90 a night....average price is about $150-$200 :_|

I haven't been able to find a hostel anywhere nearby yet but I haven't given up on that yet as its a city it has to have something....famous last words :p

16. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    $90, is that for a single or double room? If two people share the cost of 90, then at least it's affordable.

17. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    I believe it's for a double room

18. MARCOLAS

MARCOLAS FF France North CR - FanForce Logo Designer star 6

Apr 3, 2001
    I won't be there, too expensive if you live far away.
    But I'm waiting for the official French Con :D

19. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Tell me about it Marc, but I still want to go.

Johanna, how much are you willing to pay?
    I think I found a hotel not sure how good it is but it's near the convention centre, maybe a few blocks away. But it's $120 a night but thats for two people in a room so $60 each.

20. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I guess that's about my limit on the prize, I have to talk to the other ones from Sweden who are sure that they are going.

21. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Well that was just what I found by searching with the local zip code could always see if extending it a little provides with cheaper accomodation.

22. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    Unfortuantly I don't think there are any hostels in Indianapolis. I checked it out for you guys but I came out empty handed. You are right most hotels won't let you book until exactly one year in advance.

The one hotel that is taking reservations(online & telephone) is the Westin. It is expensive but you can put 4 people in one room for $279.00 per night. That is $70.00 per person per night which isn't terrible. The Westin is connected to the convention center via a sky walkway(very nice!!!!) If you can afford it it will be worth it because there are Cincinnati fanforce booked there, some Canadian fanforce memebers already booked there and I know of more that plan to stay there from all around! :)

Here is the link:starwood.com/westin/index.html

23. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    There aren't hostels were the first thing I looked for but can't find anything. Infact it doesn't seem to have cheap hotels either....wonder if we can camp? ;)

$70 that according to yahoo is around about 56 Euro, £38, or 514 Swedish Krona

24. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    I love this region I live in but unfortunatly hostels are more in regions like the west or east coast as I venture to say world travelers don't always make Indiana there first vacation spot! 8-}

However, there is camping but you'd have to drive 20 minutes to get downtown. :D

If you really need to get it less expensive then by April of this year you can check again but run the names by me or the Indy fanforce so we can give you a heads up on the quality and distance to the convention center those hotels have. :)

25. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    It is expensive, especially for a poor student like me, but I think it might be affordable... and it would be great if it's near the convention centre! :D

Lady_Lucas, that would be really helpful! Thanks! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.