main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Prairie Celebration III

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Darth_Haggis, Feb 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Is anyone in the Prairie Provinces planning on attending Celebration III? I'm sure that plans can be made for multiple FanForces to get together to travel down, especially if there are individuals who don't want to travel alone...

2. Bezo

Bezo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 23, 2003
    I'm planning on going, provided I can raise the money.

I'm from Calgary, by the way.

3. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Hey Bezo. The people from Edmonton are planning on getting a bus and maybe taking a few detours to pick up people in other cities. If we can get enough it could be really cheap for a round trip.

4. master_jedi21

master_jedi21 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2003
    I'd really like to go with someone, but it seems that no one in Saskatchewan likes Star Wars (which is odd, because the star wars books at the library are always checked out).

5. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Depending on how we go you're welcome to come with us master_jedi21. Just pop into the Edmonton forum on occasion to keep up to date.

6. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    Edmonton FanForce is planning on attending Celebration 3. One of the options we're looking at is chartering a bus. However as of now we don't have enough bodies to fill the seats to keep the 'per head' price down. The company we're looking at has busses that seat 40 people and as of now Edmonton has only about 12-16 people from Edmonton and Calgary who are showing an interest. This would be a great event for fans in Western Canada to spend some time with other fans and get to know them on the way down to the biggest Celebration yet.

The only condition is that you would need to be able to get to either Edmonton or possibly Calgary. It's also possible we may stop in Regina and/or Winnipeg.

The prices we have so far are:

275 per person if we got a full load (40) people and:

$315 / 35 people
    $367 / 30
    $440 / 25
    $550 / 20

(Before driver accomadations)

As you can see the more people we have the cheaper the price is. To the point of being only a little more expensive than a greyhound ticket (and a heck of a lot mroe convenient and fun).

If you're interested please post or PM myself, Indigo_Jade or Rogue_Thunder

Thanks

7. JarJar146

JarJar146 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2004
    I just registered at Edmontooine.
    I live in Edmonton part time BUT i live in Islay, working on starting a Mos Islay Space Port (Fan Club).
    It would be cool to make it out to C3

8. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    that would be great if you could make it, the more the better :)

9. Basemonger

Basemonger Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 12, 2003
    Theres rumbeling about Manitobans going, but nothing concisive... maybe a dozen or so in seprate groups. We'll see what we can do. :>

10. MasterKyobi9d9

MasterKyobi9d9 Jedi Master

Feb 13, 2005
    Are you guys stopping at Saskatoon? Cause if you are I'll go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.