main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration IV and the EU

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Rogue_Follower, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    I think the newer Filemaker versions can be relational, but I'm not completely sure. Though, I would have expected them to be using something more powerful, like MySQL or SQL Server or even PostgreSQL. But I guess they were going for a database system that was easier for them to use, looked prettier, and was more "user friendly"...

2. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Actually, they did. Even more, they showed us most of the features that exist in it, with the exception of the 'timeline' since they didn't want to give us any details from in process properties. If someone else doesn't post something, I'll write a description up tonight or tomorrow if I have the time.

3. Rogue_Follower

Nov 12, 2003
    Webstrip news:

-New ones start this summer. They will be free, which we already knew.
    -A TFU tie-in, which includes Shaak Ti, done by Tom Hodges.
    -New Rookies, with art by Joe Corroney. (Called it. [face_mischief] )
    -Reversal of Fortune may see print. Or it may not.

Also, WTS may return. Just in a different form. Which may or may not be good news, depending on what the changes are.
    As for What?s the Story, it?s true that the current incarnation of the WTS feature is slated to retire in 2008, but the philosophy behind it ? letting fans contribute to the EU ? isn?t. Our hope is that there is a more dynamic, interactive way to generate such creativity as opposed to the anonymous ballet method of WTS.

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I've got a lot to say, but so little time--since I'm not home yet.

So I'll say one thing: Jan drew me a sketch of Emperor Fel. It's awesome!

Was this at the continuity panel? Grah, you didn't mention that detail. :p

I was having breakfast with KW, Roo, Carmen, and Dani instead of being at that panel. Boo. :p

5. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    I trust we'll be getting scans of course :p

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Of course. Nothing earth-shattering of course, it's a standard-close up of his face that is pretty similar to the panel where he retakes Bastion... but it is extremely neat to have my own sketch.

Also: Karen Traviss and I have something in common, gasp! We're both insane about fountain pens.

7. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    That does indeed sound awesome!

8. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Did they show the Inferno cover?

9. Matthew78

Matthew78 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 16, 2006
    Is there any word from Celebration IV about another Knights of the Old Republic Game for X-Box360 or PS3? was there any talk about the games and the possibilities of a sequel or when it might be expected? the franchise is not dead from what i hear.

10. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    No. It's still being worked on. There is a cover, but not ready to be shown yet.

11. jfostrander

jfostrander Writer: -Legacy -Republic/Jedi/Purge star 4 VIP

Jul 16, 2001
    Just a quick message --

Just got back from 2 days at C4 and I wnated to thank all the fans -- especially those of you here on Lit -- who came up to say hello at one of the signings that Jan and I did. Fan reaction and support was wonderfully strong at C4 -- well, it's just usually strong anyway<g> -- and it was a pleasure to meet folks who I only knew by their handles.

All the best

-- John

12. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Thank you for answering my question about the Fels during the DH panel. (I was the first person to ask a question)

13. Eyrezer

Eyrezer Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    What was the question? :)

~ Eyrezer

14. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I asked a two part question. Firstly, if we'd learn about the Fel ancestry anytime soon (soon being defined as "before the end of LotF") or if that wasn't possible due to possible toe-stepping. The second was whether or not they actually had decided to flesh out the ancestry regardless of whether we'd be informed.

The answer to the first was that it wouldn't be revealed before LotF and even possibly not after because DR would probably have another story set after it.

To the second, they said that they knew the answers but--again--couldn't tell us because of toe-stepping. We may get hints as it become appropriate, though.

15. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    PLEASE PLEASE OH PLEASE I BEG OF SOMEONE WHO WENT TO C4

to tell me that Lucas's joke to Conan O'Brian is NOT the offical name of Admiral Motti! PLEASE LET THERE BE SOMEONE WHO ASKED THAT QUESTION!!!!

I will be forever indebted to the person who confirms that Lucas was seriously humoring Conan!

But I will hate those who pull my leg!

16. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Yeah, that's not the official name. It's been changed to "Conan the Barbarian"

17. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I wanted to ask Chee during the continuity panel, but I missed it because I thought I was late. :(

18. Rogue_Follower

Nov 12, 2003
    Fixed. [face_mischief]

I really hope DR gets things sorted out by the end of LotF so we can get on with Legacy. How many times have they given us the "last big adventures of the old generation"? o_O

19. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I've already had my last big adventure with Del Rey.

20. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    ... never? They may have said it during the early stages of the NJO but never since then. They certainly did not say it about LotF.

21. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    They said it during the LotF panel at C3 and they said that they failed on that attempt during the panel at C4. :)

22. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    At least they're honest :p

23. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    They said their next series will probably be their last adventure.

...lol

24. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
  25. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Oh, c'mon - no one asked???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.