main
side
curve

Celebration IV and the EU

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Rogue_Follower, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Anonymous ballet? I'm beginning to be glad I don't pay for hyperspace. I wonder how HedecGa fit into his tutu for that Dusty Duck entry...

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    If they did, I haven't heard about it.

But since I had to go onto LIT to hear about the Holocron thing (thanks for telling me, Kadue!) maybe someone asked and just hasn't mentioned it.

3. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    So I did see you! I just didn't recognize that I was seeing you. :p

Somebody mentioned seeing Quest, but I didn't run into him either. Wookieepedians were the only people I met and knew by name. Hope you all stopped by our booth and/or trivia contest!

A pleasure to meet you, John. And thanks for obliging my possibly very obvious questions. ;)

I don't know if any of the blogs mentioned John's response to why they brought back K'Kruhk. His answer (probably not an exact quote): "Because he's freakin' sweet." :D

Doesn't seem to be mentioned there, but Pablo also mentioned that a future Rookies storyline would be adapting Tatooine Manhunt.

4. The_Pumaman

The_Pumaman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 10, 2007
    I just peed my pants :D :D

5. HedecGa

HedecGa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2006

[face_laugh]

6. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Force Ghost star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    One Canon debate put to rest at C4...

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/DarthBreezy/C4/DSC02322.jpg]

7. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Someone did ask about this in the LotF panel, and it was one of the only decent questions asked. Shelley said that any time the subject comes up the fans keep clamouring for more stories from the "big 3" so they are going to keep telling stories that fit as they can manage to.

Actually, the quote was "Because of his freakin' sweet hat".

And if you notice where it was that Jello sat down in the DHC panel, it was Quest and myself that were sitting next to him.

Hey, I was there for my own amusement, not to report. If I was, you'd have all the salient details from each panel.

That said, no one asked the question.

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I asked you to tell me about the interesting parts of the continuity panel. I asked--it wasn't as if I didn't and I was holding you accountable for failing to randomly inform me. :p

Hydro: Indeed, but I didn't see any of you Wookieepedia people. I didn't go to the trivia thing, as I was occupied with more important business. :p

9. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Meh.

And I think I can guess what the "important business" was.

10. Dawud786

Dawud786 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I've recently come to realize that I wish they'd just lave the Big 3 and their kids where they are. Wrap up LOTF and don't go beyond that. Wait til DH gets somewhere with Legacy that maybe DR can jump in on or go even further beyond that if they want to push things into the future. It would be interesting to follow even further generations of Skywalkers, not just the Chosen One, his kids and grandkids. You know?

Want more Jacen and Jaina stories? There's 5 years after NJO and 5 years before LOTF. Want some Ben stories... well, there's that 5 years between DNT and LOTF for that too. The Big 3 can be extremely peripheral in those. Want more Big 3 stories? Let's get some novels that actually show some of the various things they actually did during the Galactic Civil War. I mean, not all of the period between ANH and ESB can be taken up. Let alone what Leia was up to before ANH.

It's either that or a continuity reboot.

11. LtNOWIS

LtNOWIS Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    I actually saw a Morlish Veed and a Jarael.

And Visas Mar, Nihlus, I think Revan, Daala, Tenel Ka, an ARC trooper, some Clone Commandos and Mandalorians, Grand Admirals both Thrawn and generic, Durge, and probably some others I'm not remembering.

And for all those interested in the continuity panel, I took a lot of poorly written notes and hastily typed them up: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:CIV_Continuity_Questions#LtNOWIS.27s_report

As for Conan Anntonio Motti, "It'll be revealed eventually."

I seem to recall Pablo Hidalgo saying he'd be writing both the new Rookies and the Force Unleashed tie-in webstrip.

Also, the Traviss-Hodges-Mandalorian webstrip won't be up, since the other two are using both of the slots, but they were going to talk to Star Wars Insider about an illustrated story type thing.

I might have a few more Force Unleashed notes, but that's most of it.

12. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Ugggh.... that came up in the context of a trivia question... clearly the character was never called "Conan" or "Antonio" in any pre-existing material. So if they say it's canon, it's still really just a joke.

13. THRAWN007

THRAWN007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 3, 2002
    I was at the LOTF panel and asked Sue Rostini and the authors if there would be a follow up book series set after LOTF with perhaps an adult Ben Skywalker confronting Darth Jacen. Rostini told me & everyone at the panel that there still in the middle of working on LOTF that there are no official plans yet but there will definitely be books set between LOTF & Legacy in the future. I hope the big 3 are in them too as well as grown up Ben,Jaina and Darth Jacen.

Perhaps the next series will begin in 2009 or 2010.

14. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Thanks for those notes, LtNowis!!! :cool:

Okay, whoever that bloke is is now my personal hero.

15. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Yes, thanks for the notes. :)

So Plagueis as a Muun is G-canon, eh? Didn't expect that... [face_thinking]

16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Hell yeah! Lucas is a fellow Muun fan! That makes him almost as awesome as Kyle Katarn in my book.

17. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, the Muun validity was my question. ::)

Also of note, I asked about:

-ILM Book 3: They said it's in the works now but will take a while to put together.

-Artoo script from the Galactic Travel Guide: Possibility we might get more of it included in another Burtt-related title their trying to get together.

-With the success of the Making of SW, it's likely e'll get new editions of the Making of ESB and ROTJ Journals in hardcover with the storyboards and unseen photos along the lines of TMOSW.

Comic tidbits:

-They have talked about the posisbility of an Annual anthology issue along the lines of Tales.

-Jan thinks it was her who suggested bringing K'Kruhk to the Legacy era, prior to his inclusion in Dark Times. She loves drawing him, it seems :D

-Won't see the Black Eights tales story continued in Rebellion for awhile- Jeremy wants to include them into the series, but that story was set like 12 months ABY, while Rebellion is currently only 9 months ABY, so we have to wait for the series to catch up to that timeframe before we explore it. Also, more Bo Shek on the horizon! ::)

-Zayne and his master might be facing each other in KOTOR #19, depending on how serious JJM ad Jeremy were.

-[hl=black]Artoo's[/hl] appearance in Legacy wasn't just a one shot cameo, but was always planned for the long term.

I had planned on attending the trivia contestm but missed it due to SW in 30 Minutes running a bit late.

And it's main page has a big red button labeled "Continuity Issues" :D

[face_talk_hand] [face_not_talking] [face_shame_on_you] Evil Purple Monkey. [face_monkey]

18. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    It's not exactly a big secret. :p

19. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Oh, also, not sure if the image has been out there, and obviously it may not even be part of the final product, but one of the slides for The Force Unleashed panel showed an SSD in construction.

20. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
  21. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh yeah, I wanted to mention that. :p

22. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I asked Shelley Shapero if there were going to be any adult Qui-Gon books (the JA books weren't enough, imo). She wasn't sure but was receptive to the idea. So if anyone out there likes Qui-Gon, please let her know!!! But she said that they wouldn't be doing any stories where Qui-Gon finds out about how to live in the Force after death due to Lucas not allowing it. Darn!

23. Darth_Culator

Darth_Culator Jedi Master star 2

Dec 10, 2005
    Hmm...
    Hmmmmmm....

Since Executor was the first of the Executor-class, and it wasn't launched until after Yavin, and there was at least [link=http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Star_Destroyer_%28pre-Yavin%29]one ship[/link] that looked a lot like the Executor-class floating around before Yavin...

I smell a retcon. [face_thinking]

24. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    I smell more LucasArts continuity stench. Let's hope its just concept art. [face_plain]

25. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Fixed. :p

[face_laugh]

Well... Scoundrel's Luck does vaguely imply that Han has encountered sister-ships of Executor before Yavin, and has Executor in service very soon after...

The entire continuity on this is a mess... since the clearest official date for Executor entering service (SWAJ) was well towards Hoth, but I think this can be retconned into non-military POVs (even if it does require the head of ISB to be an idiot; having both Sollaine and Isard in the same position is oddly satisfying)....

The only real problem is with Darth Vader Strikes, but I guess if we had the 8km Ex in service earlier, that would fit quite nicely.

Proposed timeframe:

Some time before Ep.IV: the 8km Executor enters service as Lord Vader's command ship (implied by X-wing computer game)..

At the start of Ep.IV: the 8km Executor serves as Vader's command ship during the pursuit of the Millennium Falcon, but he transfers to the Devastator for the pursuit to Tatooine (implied by the SSD in the X-wing computer game).

One month after Ep.IV: the 8km Executor is involved in the events of Scoundrel's Luck, commanded by an Admiral Ozzel (NOT Kendall Ozzel, as he's later found as Captain of Reprisal and senior officer in Shelsa Sector; I wonder if the POV allowes this to be the Admiral Ozzel who was in charge at Han's court-martial) with Captain Piett serving under him. There's a possible continuity problem with [link=http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Empire_14:_The_Savage_Heart]Empire #14[/link] concerning Vader's recovery after Yavin, but I guess the Vader-in-hibernation in Scoundrel's Luck could be a decoy.

6 months after Ep. IV: the 19km Executor enters service at Fondor (Darth Vader Strikes). Vader shifts his flag to this new ship. Star Wars Manga has Palpatine present the ship to Vader as a surprise at Coruscant; to reconcile this with the newspaper strips, then Vader must actually be aware of her before Palpatine "reveals" her to him, which is interesting. Commanded by Admiral Griff, the 19km Executor is involved at Yavin (newspaper strips); commanded by Admiral Bentro, she's involved at Shelkonwa (Allegiance).

2 years, 7 months and 18 days after Ep. IV: the 8km Executor is officially unveiled at Kuat (SWAJ #12). It's a measure of the secrecy involved in the SSD project that Central Commander Sollaine of the ISB is apparently unaware of the ship's previous history, or the existence of its bigger sister (SWAJ #12), and Director Isard of Imperial Intelligence may also be (Isard's Revenge). The 8km Executor is subsequently concealed on Coruscant (The Krytos Trap, The Bacta War).

3 years, 3 months and 4 days after Ep. IV: the 19km Executor leads the Imperial forces at the Battle of Hoth.

I think that works. :p

I suggest we can call the 19km one Ex, and the 8km one Cutie, to distinguish them.

- T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.