main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration IV in Los Angeles

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by wicket_the_ewok, May 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wicket_the_ewok

wicket_the_ewok Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    starwars.com just released the location of celebration IV, it is going to be in los angeles, ca. it will be from thurs, may 24 to mon, may 28, 2007. this celebration is celebrating the 30th anniversity of star wars, and i for one would really like to go. all i want to know is who is comming with me? it is a year away so we have enough time to plan and save up for the trip. go here for more info. this could be the last celebration for a long time so lets try to make this one.

2. Poseidon11

Poseidon11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2002
    I would love to go. I made plans to go to the San Diego Comic Con this year but had to back out :(. Maybe I could make Celebration.

3. wicket_the_ewok

May 16, 2002
    okay we got a jedi and a stormtrooper, anyone else?

4. Theyrenotdolls

Theyrenotdolls Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2005
    chances are, i'll make it. I dont know if i'll be traveling from ohio or from louisiana at that point, so we'll have to see how things work out.

5. NightForce

NightForce Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2002
    Wow that sounds awesome. I just missed my favorite convention all because of financial reasons or else I would have gone. Check this out:
    http://kowabunga.org/2006/05/baycon_2006_final_report.html
    this is just a small part of what it looks like and what happens. Of course you get to see the sci/fi, fantasy artists and writers too. Kathy

6. SSDExecutor

SSDExecutor Jedi Master star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    I'm planning on going to this one. I've got the room reserved at the Figueroa Hotel - now I've just got to save enough for the trip![face_worried]

7. wicket_the_ewok

May 16, 2002
    coolness. i think if we get enough people we could drive there and split the gas. i think it would be a cool road trip. what do ya think?

8. Sanctimoniously

Sanctimoniously Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2005
    If all goes well, you'll also have the partially insane author with no real SW stuff other than three T-shirts and a Darth Vader MR sabre that could be taped to the front of a Classic Army M15A4 Rifle to make a halfway-interesting combination of airsoft and Star Wars.

9. NightForce

Jul 10, 2002
    I hope everyone is watching COMIC-CON 06 LIVE on cable channel
    #145 (G4). I guess it is running thru Monday. Comic book conventions are just so awesome, at least I went to one and enjoyed the guests as well as some of the comic book artits. Anyway check your onscreen tv guide, it will give you all the dates and times it will still be showing. Kathy

10. NightForce

Jul 10, 2002
    There are two new Sci Fi Shows to watch:
    Eureka and Stan Lees Lightspeed on the Sci Fi channel on your cable tv which is channel #37. Anybody been watching Eureka? I was underwhelmed. Any thoughts? Kathy

11. Sanctimoniously

Dec 28, 2005
    How has everyone's summer gone?

12. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    Summer's been a drag for me. Lots of conflict with living arrangements, child custody, and finances. Still, the Force is with me.

If we manage to put a plan together to attend, I want in.

13. wicket_the_ewok

May 16, 2002
    nice to here from you swampsurfer. sounds like you had a crummy summer, but thing will get better. i just looked at the driving directions to los angeles. it will take a day to drive there. im not sure if it will be cheaper to fly of drive, but what ever yall decide is fine with me. sounds like fanforce acadiana members need to get together sometime and talk about celebration IV and to catch up. what days are good for yall? please post back.

14. Sanctimoniously

Dec 28, 2005
    Being the road-trip advocate I am, I can't bear to say this, but Southwest has ninety-nine-dollar one-way specials, though the security crapola you'll have to endure to get on such a flight is nowhere near worth it.

To me.

15. Ubigod

Ubigod Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 16, 2003

If you mean a day as a 24 hour drive. I use to drive from Houston to Santa Barbara California almost every summer. It would take me 2 1/2 days to make the drive. This wasn't straight through, I would sleep every night usually in New Mexico and then just west of San Antonio. Just getting through Texas was a good day. Of course I just took the I-10 straight across the country.

Ubi

16. wicket_the_ewok

May 16, 2002
    i got the driving directions from google earth. and my brother just moved to houston and the traffic there is horrible. im kinda leaning towards flying now.

17. Sanctimoniously

Dec 28, 2005
    Eh...I'm still driving. I'll just need to take lots of caffeine.

18. wicket_the_ewok

May 16, 2002
    registration for celebration IV begins on october 30. its $110 for the whole four days. and those who register will get special codes for hotels rooms around the los angeles area and at cheaper rates. go to starwars.com for more info.
    im about 90 percent sure im attending, so who's with me?

19. wicket_the_ewok

May 16, 2002
    no scratch that, im 100 percent sure im going

20. Sanctimoniously

Dec 28, 2005
    I'm going...I'll be joining the big-truck crowd near the end of the year so I can hook up a campertrailer and road-trip it out there. Got a few friends who want to join me, too.

21. wicket_the_ewok

May 16, 2002
    i'm registered. im going.

22. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    I want to go. And yes, my summer was crappy. In fact it rolled over into the fall. I moved out of Jacqui's house and Amber and I are living at Woodvale Place Apartments across from RED's Health Club. And that's not it, she's still going to go live at her mom's. Any day now the judge will sign the documents to make it official. I don't understand why Amberdala wants to leave, but I suppose I was lucky enough to have her this long.

Anyhoot, I want to go, but I must save my money. Sign me up as a BIG Maybe.

23. NightForce

Jul 10, 2002
    This convention sounds really amazing and I hope whoever goes
    will take pictures and post them here. Can someone write up a daily column type thing as to what went on and post that here also?
    So sorry to hear about your daughter Swampsurfer, but I guess it must be time for her to be with her mom. Good luck on that one.
    So I hope everyone will have a safe and happy Thanksgiving and hope to hear from you all soon.

24. wicket_the_ewok

May 16, 2002
    i hope everyone had a great time this holiday. i've already reserved the hotel for myself and one other person and i need to know if anybody is coming with me. i can't afford the hotel room and other travel expenses by myself, so i need to know if somebody is coming with me by mid march (i can cancel reservations by the end of march so i won't be charged the full amount). please let me know

25. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    What's the complete breakdown on expenses?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.