main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CE16 Celebration priorities

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by SensationalSean, Jun 29, 2016.

1. OliffWanKenobi

OliffWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2016
    Having looked at what's on etc, I revised my plan for my one day on Friday.

- Celebration Store
    - Rogue One Exhibition (while everyone is in the Mark Hamill & Ashoka panels!)
    - Autographs (Mark Hamill, or if he's too expensive Carrie or Peter Mayhew)
    - Art Show & general walk around
    - Rogue One Panel streamed at Galaxy or Behind-the-Scenes stage
    - A New Hope Screening

BobaThrowsaFett likes this.
  2. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    With the new wristband system you may be able to get in some panels without wasting much show floor the (queues being done pre-show).

CaptainRegor likes this.
  3. OliffWanKenobi

OliffWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2016
    *scratches out getting autographs*

Well that makes me day a bit less rushed!

Darthmaul208 and CaptainRegor like this.
  4. beajeditonight86

beajeditonight86 Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2016
    I don't think I will have enough time to do everything I want but I would like to:

Get autos from Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Peter Mayhew, Anthony Daniels, Ken Colley, and Michael Carter. Maybe from Christopher Muncke on Sunday too.
    Got photoshoots booked with Hamill and Fisher.
    Want to see both their panels too.
    Rogue One panel, closing ceremony panel, Fetts panel, showing of ANH.
    Rogue One props, maybe the VR thing, and look around the other stuff.
    Shopping-want to swing by the Penguin store for the Leia poster, so will have to buy something else. Wanted to buy the poster of the key art too but according to another post on here someone said Celebration had said it wouldn't be a poster....despite the press release saying it would! Will see if there's anything else that would persuade me to part with my hard earned too.

Like I say, really don't think I have time to do this in two days. Looking a Saturday ticket if anyone knows about one going spare, or whatever.

5. JaHawk

JaHawk Jedi Padawan

May 24, 2015
    I just cannot decide if I want to splash out on the Carrie Fisher photo op or not. I've got so much else I want to do I'm worried I'd miss something by doing it.

6. beajeditonight86

May 31, 2016
    I've only been to a Showmasters event, but they do get through photo shoots for it quite quickly. You'd have to queue up obviously, but the actual thing itself is over so far, you might not spend as much time on it as you think. It of course depends when they schedule them for. I'm doing mine with Carrie on the Sunday-want to see her panel, so obviously they're not going to have it when she is doing her panel! Of course it could clash with the closing ceremony... :/

7. JaHawk

JaHawk Jedi Padawan

May 24, 2015
    I've got 3 or 4 panels I want to see each of the days I'm there (fri/sat), so worried I'd miss, say, Rebels or Marvel, if I book the Carrie Fisher op. I dunno, maybe the £80 would be better spent on the show floor. It's a tough one for me haha

8. beajeditonight86

May 31, 2016
    There is that danger JaHawk...I am worried they will schedule Carrie's one on the Sunday to clash with the closing ceremony, scuppering my plans!

9. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    It's very hard to give advise on what you should do, as we really all do have different priorities. I likely won't spend any time in the autograph hall as I'll get very anxious and tongue-tied meeting any famous people in the flesh, and so I'd spend the £80 on getting a really nice art print instead (or a couple more SH Figuarts figures :)). Those are the things that appeal to me. But then there are big time autograph hunters out there who don't collect the toys...

JaHawk likes this.
  10. JaHawk

JaHawk Jedi Padawan

May 24, 2015
    I think the £80 would be better spent on the show floor to me. Meeting Carrie would be great, but... it's one of those things I guess

Chunkydumb likes this.