main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration V - Orlando, FL Aug 12-15 2010

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by D-Ludicrous, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    Here it is people, The news you have been waiting for!!!

http://www.starwars.com/fans/events/c5announcement/index.html#rss

I'm so excited! I already have my hotel room booked and can't wait to get the tickets.

Woo!

2. MightyMass

MightyMass Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2009
    I've started a planner so I can better organize my time. B eing able to experience everything is key to maximized awesomeness.

3. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Not the best time of the year they could have picked, but I'll probably be there anyway.

4. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Given that it's Orlando, surely hotel rooms will be plentiful?

5. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I'm looking into a condo through our family's timeshare. [face_dancing]

While I'm not happy with the dates or location I'll still be there.

6. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    The location is great for me. Whilst Orlando isn't the most glamorous or interesting location in the States, it is so very very easy to get to from the UK. Also quite cheap. :D

7. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Orlando wouldn't be my first pick, but I don't care I'm going to be there anyway.

8. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Orlando wasn't my first pick either. I'm probably still going to go. It's a 15-16 hour drive for me from NE Ohio, and it sounded like my mom might come as well. (I gotta get her to join the 501st now... :D) I won't fly with my stormtrooper armor... I don't trust the airlines. [face_not_talking] (Plus there is something about me being seperated from something that I have spent so much money on...)

I had heard that it wasn't going to be in Orlando, I guess my source was wrong. :(

9. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Whoo hoo!!!!!

10. THX_1138biggs

THX_1138biggs Jedi Master star 1

Jul 9, 2007
  11. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    OMG! Officialness! WOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I'm really too excited to think right now. I suspect I'll be one of the dorks who buys a four-day badge the moment they go on sale. Is anyone here looking for roommates? Is it too early to be thinking hotel arrangements already? I don't want to make the mistake I did last time and wait too late to book so I miss out on staying in the C5-equivalent of the Fig where all the action is. :p

12. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    See that's my dilemma. I'll be going with my brother, and don't want to book too early and end up somewhere out of the way (because I took what came up first), but don't want to leave it too late and suffer the same fate.

13. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Agreed, Everton. I got stuck with a hotel that was far away at C3 because the one that we had booked at overbooked rooms. :mad:

I just have to figure out who is coming wih me, and soon. Plus see what hotel the 501st is going to pick...

I'm going. I said awhile ago that if it is in Orlando, I'd still go, and I'm going.

14. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I'm there! I've been to the last four and I don't intend on skipping one.

[image=http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/JedHead1/Celebration%20IV%20May%2023-28%202007/DSCN5268.jpg]

And to think I was to skip going to Orlando for SWW in 2010 after having gone the last two years! But I'm going to go there again for SWW 2011, for not only the re-opening of Star Tours, but the 40th anniversary of Disney World!

:D

15. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Great Picture

16. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    A lot of us in the RMFF have already booked rooms at the "Embassy Suites - International Drive South" which looks like the closest hotel to the convention center (though walking to and from is probably still not an option because of the heat). I'd recommend booking there if you have the means. It's a little more expensive ($190/night for a suite with 2 double beds), but the rooms are very large and awesome, they serve free hot breakfast (omelettes, etc.) every morning, and host free happy hour in the evenings. We had about 20 people stay at the ES for CIII, and we all had an absolute blast. Besides, you get together 4+ people to share the bill, and it's really not that bad.

17. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I have family in Orlando so at least ill not have to pay room and board.

18. mercsailor

mercsailor Jedi Master star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    Oh, I definitely know that the only way I can afford to go is to find roommates. I REALLY want to go.

19. squir1y

squir1y Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2003
    Aww if only Star Tours II would be done by then. The Celebration crowd would pack Disney World that weekend! I'll be there!

20. joesdomain

joesdomain Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2006
    Thank God I sold my star wars collectibles, books, videos, and video games. I knew they would pick Florida again. I have no interest in going especially after this new announcement and no Star Wars Battlefront III for PS3. Nor will I ever buy anything star wars again. Florida already gets Star Wars Weekends and Star Tours every year. Thank God I did not renew my hyperspace member in 2009. I thought Sansweet said he was looking for more central place like Indianapolis, Chicago or Minneapolis. Obviously he said that to throw everybody off. Star Wars sucks! I stick to watching The Goonies! that will never let me down!

21. buggyvirus1

buggyvirus1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    I just booked our hotel right next to the convention center. I am so excited I can hardly stand it. This year I will be able to drive since I don't live in Alaska right now. LOL WOOOT Disney World is also on my list to see as well. I was actually hoping it would be around there. :D

My hotel the Clarion Inn and Suites is on Hawaiian Court. Farely close to the convention as well and it is 80 a night with roommates. :D That will be cheap :D

22. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Yeah, screw those chumps for picking a city too far away and not knowing what video game system I own! Star Trek is better anyway!

23. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    Does this mean we get a rest from you complaining in every single post that it's not in Indy?

I would have preferred it to be Olrando but in 2011, when Star Tours reopens.

Unless we get a sneak peek next year....

24. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    ORLANDO???? They're really going to do it? Not my first choice, but it's their decision.

Well, first, the dates do not conflict with my family reunion. Second, it's not much more hot and humid there than it is here Panama City, so that's not a big deal for me, either. I'll wear a Jedi robe in just about any weather, and I have. But I will only go if I can get a ride with someone.

And next year's hurricanes will be named......

Anakin
    Bail
    Chewbacca
    Dooku........

25. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Woohoo...

Got my reservations already set up!

This actually looks very great for us. We planned a Disney Vacation for a week before the convention, so now we get to combine both. Saves us on airfare for a second trip to Florida and wowsa...How exciting, 12 days away from Ohio...yippie!

Gosh...So excited we finally have a date and place!

May the force be with us!

Huggles!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.