main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration V rumors by Steve Sansweet

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by pwinklespi, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    SWAN reports: Celebrations will continue worldwide every year after Celebration Japan.

Sansweet: I said we would very much like to continue Celebrations every year somewhere in the world, but we won?t be making any decisions until sometime after Celebration Japan.

SWAN reports: Rick McCallum is pushing hard for a Celebration Australia.

Sansweet: I said Rick would love to see a Celebration happen in Australia so we?ll look to see if that is possible.

SWAN reports: Celebration Europe II will happen in Berlin.

Sansweet: I said we certainly hope to do another Celebration in Europe, and maybe someday we could do Germany. I personally would love to see a Celebration in Berlin.

SWAN reports: Celebration V is very likely in 09, with Chicago the frontrunner as the venue.

Sansweet: We are hoping to do a Celebration in the U.S. next year, and we?ll be looking at Midwest locations like Chicago as well as some further east.

I hope this helps clear the air a little bit more. I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but you might want to hold off making those hotel reservations just yet. The good thing is that Lucasfilm is talking about doing more shows. The absolute best part is I didn't see L.A. mentioned, so I think it's safe to say we won't be going back there anytime soon!

2. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    Now personally, I would like to see it move a little more to the East. PA or NY. Possibly Philly or Manhattan.

3. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Thanks for posting that. Now we have a little more clarification!

Would be nice to see it on the East Coast or thereabouts. But I always worry about hotel prices in those big cities... can get pricy, as we know. Doesn't matter, just glad to see planning take place for another Celebration. That's the important part. I'll have to turn the reins over to someone else though... oh, wait, nothing wrong with that, either :).

4. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    Do they change MODS for every Celebration?

5. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Yes -- because they want someone in the local area who knows the place and so can provide more informed answers :).

6. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    What about here in Baltimore? LOL! They could host a "Paint your kevlar vest like a Stormtropper" event.

7. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    ******crickets************

Stay tuned next week folks as Grumpy Jedi attempts to take on humor once again.

HA! I rule.

8. joesdomain

joesdomain Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2006
    I kind of figured they would do a Celebration Europe II. I know I won't be going to any Celebration outside of the U.S. I prefer a Midwest city like Indy. I personally think Chicago is too large and too expensive just like Los Angeles. Medium sized or smaller cities tend to be cheaper hotels, food, etc.

9. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Exciting...Most exciting!!!

Wonder if Cleveland or Pittsburgh was on that list. That would be sooo sweet.

Fingers Crossing!!!! For any news, soon!!!

10. joesdomain

Feb 14, 2006
    I am crossing my fingers and hoping for Indy if he is looking for midwest cities other than Chicago.

11. quigonjaf1961

quigonjaf1961 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2006
    As soon as the dates are announced i will be booking my flights,if it is Chicago possibly my friend from Cincinnati will come so i wont need a roomate,but i will need one for Celebration Europe-cant wait!!!

12. star-killer1

star-killer1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    I'd love for it to be in Indy but I don't see this happening with the convetioncenter going through an expantion over the next few years.
    Unless they do like Gen-con and use the hotels for some of the events.
    I probably would still go if it were in Chicago though.

13. buzz57

buzz57 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    I'm just glad their having a celebration 5.

14. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Yeah, the last one rocked! Er wait, I didn't go. LOL! I'll probably go to this one though. My son is a little older now and I think he'd appreaciate it more.

15. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    Yeah, we remember.you didn't go.

11 months of "Dude, I can't wait to go, I'm making shirts, I hope someone else makes badges, I'm getting a CIV tattoe on my left cheek, I'm not paying my mortgage in 05/2007 so I can go, I'm pumped, Mr. Lucas, please build a time machine and speed up time so CIV can get here sooner, I'm so excited, this is great, WOO HOO, CIV, C4, SEE FOUR, YES, YES, YES, ah nevermind. I'm not going.

I'll probably go if it's closer to me. I would rather it be a big weekend rather than a weeks vacation.

16. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    I'd reply with something smart but I've got nothing. You're right. I was so excited for CIV. I had the hotel reserved and the ticekts ready but it all went down the crapper. I'd like to go to the next one and meet some people.

17. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    Well, you'll make this one. CIV was fun. At CIII I just walked around aimlessly. Jumped into a few Q&As and took a million pics. CIV, I set out to do what I wanted. Bought my toys, got my exclusives, took a bunch of pics and just had a blast. I really enjoyed it because I didn't waste time on things I knew would annoy me.

I think the LA convention center was WAY TOO BIG for CIV. A smaller convention center should be able to hold CV. As long as the store is still as convienient as it was at CIV, things should be fine.

18. joesdomain

Feb 14, 2006
    Then again they could go with St. Louis, Louisville, Cincinnati, Cleveland or any midwest city! LOL! Who knows! I will wait until an official answer on starwars.com.

19. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    C5 held anywhere in the continental US = me attending it. :cool:

- Justin

20. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Ditto to Justin's Comment.

Wish List for signers:
    George Lucas
    Harrison Ford
    Mark Hamill
    Ian McDiarmid

But...I know keep dreaming!!!!

21. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Now that would be a haul every single Bounty Hunter would salivate over. :D

- Justin

22. JayTee_Erricck

JayTee_Erricck Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    I think having C5 in 2009 is a mistake.

I mean, the 30th Anniversary of "The Empire Strikes Back" is in 2010. Just a year later. Sure, there'll probably be lots of Celebrations in other countries that year but none in the U.S.. Just my opinion but I think that sucks.

Since I'm still paying off my debts from C3 & C4, doubtful I'll make C5. If there's a Celebration in the U.S. in 2013 (a C6 or even C7 by then), I hope to make that. It would be the 30th Anniversary of "Return of the Jedi"!

May the Force be with us.

Jay Tee Erricck
    http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com

23. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Well, 2009 would be the 10th anniversary of TPM and C1.

But I hear where you're coming from.

- Justin

24. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    If there really would be a celebration in 2009, don't you think that the rumours would be a bit more solid than just "yeah, we are hoping to have a celebration"?. Since they would have to find a new organiser as well, instead of GenCon, it seems to me to be a bit late. I personally also think it would be better in 2010.

At Jedi-Con last weekend Steve Sansweet said that they were hoping to have a celebration every year somewhere in the world, why not Australia for 2009?

25. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Why not, indeed? But then, why not one International and one U.S.? Steve told us at C-IV that a Celebration Australia (or anywhere, for that matter) is entirely feasible as long as someone in the particular country wants to run it. Which means they come up with the up-front money. Maybe he's changed his opinion, but that was his take on it last year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.