main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration V

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by atataboy, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atataboy

atataboy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2005
    Check http://theforce.net/celebration/story/SDCC_Celebration_V_Confirmed_For_2010_125164.asp if you haven't seen it yet.

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I can't open that link. It loads and loads and loads... endlessly. :(

Could you c/p it here? [face_batting]

3. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    Try it now, looks like TFN and Rebelscum both were having extreme lag issues earlier, probably due to millions of voices crying out and rushing the sites to find out :p

4. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    It's still not loading. :(

Maybe I'll try tomorrow...

5. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Dang. I was looking forward to find out where it was going to be held. :(

6. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    Basically its just stating that Hasbro made a blunder and included on their diorama contest announcement that the winning entrant would have their display set up at Celebration V in 2010. They've now changed it to say 'the next Celebration.'

No dates/location has been announced besides 2010, but its all but certain it will be announced at the SW Spectacular panel tomorrow.

7. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    G4 is broadcasting it on tv I hear so if you get G4 you can watch it.

8. Sithspit87

Sithspit87 Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2005
    If Steve Sansweet's information he gave last summer at a con(don't remember which one, I think either SDCC or WWC). He said that Lucasfilm has narrowed their choices to five cities for the next celebration. The cities that Sansweet mentioned were the following, Indianapolis, Chicago, Orlando, Baltimore, and Minneapolis. My personal guess is that Chicago and Indy are the two real contenders. Lucasfilm as expressed over and over there love for having conventions in the Midwest. Chicago recently got a new convention center, and they have had great success in Indy in the past. Minneapolis being in the Midwest would be my third guess, but I really cant see a Con there no offense to anyone in the Minneapolis area, its just my opinion. I think Orlando would be a foolish choice with all of the theme parks, and I have heard by word of mouth so don't quote me on this and anyone feel free to correct me, but I have heard that Baltimore does not have the convention center to support a Convention like this. So until the panel on Saturday I hope this info will help and give you some sort of Idea where the con will be held.

9. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Finally I could read that page.

They definately know how to keep up tension. :p

10. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    They have said that Sansweet did say that the convention would be held in 2010 but no date and no location... If you ain't going to announce it at Comic Con... where the heck do you announce it?

The little bit where they confirm that it's just "next year" can be found here:

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/SDCC_Star_Wars_Spectacular_Summaries_125237.asp

11. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Do you think they may say something at D*Con? I really want to know so I can start making plans.

For CIII we had hotel rooms reserved a year ahead of time & my entire FF got to stay at the same hotel, it was nice. For C4 we tried the same thing, but the Maraco or what ever single owned hotel found out LFL was in town & dropped our reservations so they could sell them at a higher rate!

12. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Sansweet said at Dragon Con will be on the East Cost. That would be great if they tried to get get part of the US each year. I hope it's the southeast or mid, just not north. To far for me to go :(

13. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    East Coast?
    I don't need a place so much as I need the time. I have to get in my holidays in January....
    ..oh, that's still three months away.[face_blush]

I'd still love to know and start some planning. *sigh*

14. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    "Right Half of the Country," so not necessarily the Coast.

15. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    At least it's not in the 'wrong half' then, or what? ;)
    With the USA being so big, they could have said 'somewhere' and it would have been as informative...[face_plain]

16. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    All right guys, we've switched the old CIV board to the CV board, so any and all CV talk needs to happen over there. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.