main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Celebration V

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Scooby_Wan_Kenobi, Sep 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Scooby_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2002
    Hello all,

Even though I am in LA, I thought we could still chit chat about Celebration V and any planning.

I'm quite sure I will see yews there!

2. Neutron_Force_45

Neutron_Force_45 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 11, 2004
    just found this:

"Documents released by the Orlando Convention & Visitors Bureau indicate that Orlando is indeed bidding for Celebration V in 2010. The tentative dates, if the show comes to Orlando, would be Thursday, August 12th through Sunday August 15th, 2010. The anticipated attendance is 30,000 with approximately 15,000 rooms filled at peak. The Orange County Convention Center is currently holding 1 million square feet of space in the West Complex.

A presentation is being prepared for Lucasfilm and Reed Exhibitions next week and the group plans to narrow down the candidate cities to (2) by October 10th. From there, site visits will commence for the rest of the month with a tentative decision to be made by November 1st.

Perhaps just as interesting, is that a second bid is listed for an additional Celebration in August of 2014.

It's important to note that this information in no way, shape or form means Orlando will get Celebration V, but that the machine is very much in motion and that Orlando is ramping up and putting its best foot forward to acquire this huge piece of business."

3. huttese1138

huttese1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    If Orlando gets it, you can count me in. That would be a blast. Would love to get the old group together down there and see what kind of trouble we could get into. Hope things are going well for you out in L.A. Take care.

4. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Feb 22, 2002
    I'm down. I hope it works out that way, it would be cool to get the gang back together!

5. lavagrrrl

lavagrrrl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    I'm not a fan of Orlando in the middle of the summer, but if it means spending time with old friends, Jon and I are in! :)

6. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Feb 22, 2002
    I have briefly spoken to Kat about this also....she is all for a "reunion" for CV.

Let's get a roll call going!

7. huttese1138

Mar 9, 2002
    Well, obviously I'm in. ... And Steve, that's the most entertained I've been as a Lions fan in three years. It'll take a few years, but Schwartz and Stafford will get things going. ... Susie, hope everything is going well for you and Blasty these days. Enjoy the holidays and hope to catch up with you all soon.

8. Neutron_Force_45

Sep 11, 2004
    Susy really hope your back is feeling better for CV, would really love to see you all there, if not sooner!........I got the invite on facebook....sorry I can't make it :(......I'm up for another vacation though and CV would hit the spot!

9. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Feb 22, 2002
    Yep, I can't remember the last time the lions had me jumping out of my chair! In celebration that is....

Jumping up and down, screaming.....

I think Stafford is for real too.

10. lavagrrrl

May 16, 2002
    It's official: CV in Orlando in August 12-15.

11. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Feb 22, 2002
    I'll be there!!

Hope to see all of yews there too!

12. mercsailor

mercsailor Jedi Master star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    I booked my hotel yesterday, while they were still pretty inexpensive! Hope I get to see some of you all down there!

13. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    You know, here I was all ready to be the angry midget about the Orlando decision...

...but if it means getting the band back together to raise some hell, I guess I have to be in, don't I? Commence the saving of money and hoarding of sun screen and personal A.C. units.

14. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I'll be there!

15. Neutron_Force_45

Sep 11, 2004
    Had out-patient surgery today and just got out of bed to read this.....can hardly wait! Dec. 10th tickets go on sale.

16. SwordChick

SwordChick Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2001
    Yes! It must have been the will of the Force that caused me to move to Orlando. Can't wait to see you guys!!!

17. huttese1138

Mar 9, 2002
    Swordchick, I know we'll be seeing you down there, but any early recommendations on things to do in Orlando the days leading up to CV? May have to do Disney (Downtown, Boardwalk) one of the days, but other than that I've got nothing.

18. darthhomeboy-G

darthhomeboy-G Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 2005
    Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!.:eek: .been a long time since i type this forum.

How's everyone doing and hopefully we can get together soon...sure miss the 'R2-Detroit club.

Love Ya !![:D]

Godfrey:cool:

19. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Feb 22, 2002
    Hey Godfrey, what's happening?

It's fun to see ya'all popping back in.....it's almost like a reset to 8 years ago, Holy cow has it really been that long?1?

Maybe our R2-Detroit reunion will have to be done somewhere other than a hotel room.

I'll bring the ice, Mike you bring the keg. :)

20. huttese1138

Mar 9, 2002
    Now we're talking.

21. darthhomeboy-G

Feb 19, 2005
    Great, you're doing awesome steve. I travel to 'La La land' alot (LA Calif.).
    Miss you man, Hope all is well. My wife and I doing awesomely great, been busy at work, plus getting ready to RETIREMENT!!!"so excited' next year in 2011 (32 yrs. with GM ):D

Anyway, Hopeful we'll be there in orlando this summer, When I'm home I catch up on lots of things. Horses and our 2nd home(we called it our dream home) (up north) (..northern michigan..near Gaylord, Michigan).[face_dancing]

I do plan to be in costume with the 501st when I get the chance.

I miss everyone and susie I pray and been praying you recover from your back. "Homeboy there for ya."[:D]

22. lavagrrrl

May 16, 2002
    Godfrey-It's great to hear that things are going well with you. Thank you so much for the thoughts and prayers, it means a lot! Hope to see you soon.

23. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    8 years, seriously?! Eight?! Good god I'm old.

Wait a second, aren't you the strong one and I'm the short one? You can bring the keg and I'll bring the ice. And by "bring" I mean, make in the freezer at that exact moment so I'm not actually carrying anything in the first place. :D

24. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Feb 22, 2002
    The bald guy ALWAYS brings the ice.

25. darthhomeboy-G

Feb 19, 2005
    I LOVE you "Wonderful people"[:D] [:D] [face_peace] :D

Susie darling friend, "Miracles happens when someone cares and my wife and I care what happen to you"..Stay strong..'Proverbs 3: 5,6'..I'll see you and jon soon. stay sweet as you are and know "prayers changes things, things don't change prayer".;) [face_peace]

Homeboy Godfrey:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.