main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Celebration V

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JocastaNu3, Dec 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaden1138

Jaden1138 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    My interest is to meet Carrie Fisher. And if Mark is there, him. I have already decided that I want to spend my time with fans and talking to people from the forums that I know are going. This site has a table. I will be there for sure...if we go. Dan wants me to go but thinks it is too expensive for both of us to go. I told him I am not going without him. And when I have been to events, I usually stay out of town a ways because it is cheaper and easier to get out of town when we need to leave. That is at least my experience. But I have never had a SW experience. :) I am happy about this opportunity.

2. Lord_Kosh

Lord_Kosh Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2005
    That's what I did with Dragon Con as well... I have friends that live in Atlanta, but we were about 30 minutes from the convention. Good Side: easier to get out of town, and no worry about hotel at all. Even with hotel, probably cheaper the further from the event, not to mention have rooms available in the first place. Down Side: driving into the event is probably not going to be quick, and parking is likely an issue. Benefit of being close is to walk rather than drive. But if you can't get a close room anyway, might as well be further out.

3. Jaden1138

Jaden1138 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Maybe we can stay in the Keys. :p

Atlanta is a nightmare. I went down there for a KISS Convention (I went to Orlando for one as well), back when I was much younger and had more money. It was nice back then. I drove straight down Peachtree and had my first Starbucks. That was before we got them here. The Convention was outside Atlanta. We went to The Underground and saw the Coke factory/museum. Everyone was nice at the Underground. But I felt very white. We were definitely in the minority. But it was an interesting perspective.

The ATL has changed so much. We drove through it in 2007 and it was a nightmare. We avoided the stadium because there was a Braves baseball game getting out and a bad storm. So we went through the city or around the west side (we were driving from NC), and avoided a bunch of traffic. Usually we would go around but there was traffic and it was pretty quick going the other way. Next time, we are going to Southern NC via Knoxville. It is actually longer, but more direct.

Later!

4. Zepherous

Zepherous Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2010
    Who is going to Star Wars: Weekends in May/June?

5. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    That weekend has always been too busy for me to make other plans... so most likely I will not be going.

6. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    Anyone going to the Star Tours party at Hollywood Studios on Saturday night? I ordered tix this morning. HS is my fave park at Disney so I was excited to hear about this.

7. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    I will be there Chewie. Would love to meet up and share the evening with fellow Star Wars fans. It is going to be a special night, indeed. What time are you leaving CV and going there?

8. ChewieTitan

Dec 26, 2001
    Just read that HS will be open at 4:00pm for Star Wars attendees, so if there is nothing we want to do at CV that afternoon, then we will probably leave about 3:00-3:30pm. Depends on what is going on at CV that evening.

9. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    I will probably go at around 5:30 and eat at the Brown Derby, then get ready for the 'party'.

10. ChewieTitan

Dec 26, 2001
    We ate at Brown Derby twice last year. They have a salad with walnuts that is good and I tried duck for the first time. The duck was ok. Grapefruit cake is the best desert.
    Overall, probably my 2nd fave place to eat at HS, sci-fi rest. being 1st.

11. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    I've been to it many times, and it is good. I will probably go there during SWW, also.

12. ChewieTitan

Dec 26, 2001
    Carrie Fisher autograph is gonna be $50.00! Wow that seems high. I was expecting about $20.00 which seems to be about the norm for everyone else.

Does anyone know if two people can meet her with one autograph purchase or does everyone need the autograph coupons to be in line?

13. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    That seems a little steep. Good thing I already have all their autographs.

14. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    It looks like it is just us here Chewie. I'd like to meet everyone at CV. I'm not quite sure what to expect so I'm not sure if I will enjoy attending the event. I will love the Disney night. But CV just seems like a place to go buy SW stuff; and believe me, I have enough to last forever. I'm not going to buy things there that, in a few months after the event, they sale for 100's less.

15. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Exactly why I don't buy "special items" from ebay... Wait a few weeks and they will be all over the stores locally. Happens every time for the stuff I collect.

16. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    There isn't a store around here that sells the Star Wars stuff I collect.

17. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Not much lately around here either... every so often, I find something. Maybe my collection is "complete".

18. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    There is a few sites I order from. Ebay will most likely have all the CV exclusives, so I probably won't be buying much. Although, some people I talk to say that if you're not going to buy stuff, you might as well not be going. What else is there to do? I mean, I am one of the most devoted fans out there, and I just don't know if I will enjoy it.

19. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    That is what I was told, and to an extent, it was true. However, it was fun to see all the costumes the fans had on as meeting the stars if you haven't already done so.

20. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    I'm not big on meeting the celebs. They are just people. But since George Lucas is going to be there, he just made the trip worth it to me. Awesome.

21. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    The artwork looks great. I will definitely check it out while there.

22. ChewieTitan

Dec 26, 2001
    At C3, I was surprised at the art display. That stuff normally doesn't interest me but I enjoyed looking it and talking to the artist. There were nice posters for sale at reasonable prices. Some were $5.00 and $6.00 each.

23. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    I love the artwork. I have many pieces in my collection. I am in the process of collecting the entire art series for the 30th of The Empire Strikes Back. Those are really nice pieces.

24. JocastaNu3

JocastaNu3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2008
    Howdy,
    enjoying the posts, finally able to post myself. I haven't the knowledge to figure out why laptop doesn't work with this site, i know it's a cookie issue, but i dont' wanna screw up the laptop.
    What kind of artwork do they have at Celebration? Would I still be able to buy a pass? I've made no official plans to attend, all because of daughter's school schedule, and the fact that I'd be going alone, but I am still hopeful, but honestly, is planning to go at a late date feasible?

reading this thread has made me want to get into the SW closet...still so much packed away. Did unearth my Star Wars portfolio, Ralph McQuarrie artwork,
    Oh, and while cleaning out parents' house in Louisiana last week, found my letter thanking me for joing the Fan Club in 1983. also have my old issues of Bantha Tracks, so that was fun. also lots of poster books, etc from TESB and ROTJ, so all that was great fun to peruse.

25. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    I think you could still plan a trip. The only problem would be the hotel room. If you are like me, I won't stay in those cheap ones that they have 'blocked off' for CV. I am staying about 15 minutes away, the same villa I always stay at in Orlando. You can view the artwork on TFN main page. It is pretty spectacular. I have been slowly collecting the artwork. They run a little high, so it is a slow process. I will most likely purchase Chris Trevas' work at CV; I love Boba Fett.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.