main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Celebration X (Anaheim 2022) & the Literature Forum

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , May 25, 2022.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Looks like we never put a thread together for this year's con. I haven't seen an authors signing list yet (but could have missed it), but there's a handful of Lit-related panels on the schedule. Looks like the major ones will be:

Thurs @ 1PM (PST): Lucasfilm Publishing: Stories From a GFFA
    Thurs @3PM: The High Republic: For Light and Life
    Fri @12:30PM: Lucasfilm Publishing: Behind the Page (non-fiction, BTS, etc panel)
    Fri @3:30PM: Making of iLMxLAB's Tales From Galaxy's Edge
    Fri @6:30PM: Behind the Audio Book
    Sat @12PM: Celebrating the Ewok Adventures
    Sat @1PM: Star Wars: Hunters
    Sat @2:30: Tales of the Jedi
    Sat @4:30: Marvel SW Comics
    Sat @ 6PM: De Rey Behind the Scenes

And that's on top of the main panels for various AV content such as Mando, Bad Batch, etc.

Some of the notable Lit-related merch will be the pricey box set for the High Republic as well as a con-exclusive cover for Stories of Jedi and Sith.

[​IMG]

As well as shirts for Ahsoka, Bo-Katan and Aphra.

[​IMG]

And a Cad Bane pin from Salesone.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2022
  2. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Publishing panel starting now. Will edit or post updates.

They were handing out Padawan (Kiersten White) postcards to those in line.

EDIT- Brief fire alarm evac but we’re back now.

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Someone find that MORE gif for me please.

Also, thanx Quest for the updates!

The2ndQuest likes this.
  4. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    So far mainly background and author process.

Talking about Hyperspace Stories comics. They’re all single stories that, if you go back and put them in chronological order, combine to tell a larger story.

(So, sounds like what we had to deal with for the first 2 seasons of TCW back in the day ;) )

Showing art of a young wookiee.

Tales From the Rancor Pit comic by Cavan Scott. Cover and art shown. Talking about droid ghosts, Wampa babies, THR monster Hunter (missed name thy got applause).

Described as “EC-like”.

Being told by guy hanging over rancor pit to convince Jabba to spare him.

EDIT 2- Cavan talking about the bright future of people aboard Starlight Beacon in “Starlight Stories”. Looks to be an anthology between him, Justina & Charles Soule.

and we haven’t seen the last of these characters.

EDIT 3- Chronicles of the Jedi illustrated guide to THR. Will have hints for Phase 2.

EDIT 4 Shadow of the Sith manuscript was around 150,000 words, handed in by the author after they are unsure how anyone was going to write a novel about this.

EDIT 5- Princess & a scoundrel concept of Han & Leia’s connection to Starcruiser was pitched half-seriously when they were searching for a book tie-in for Starcruiser, desired but not expected to be accepted, let alone enthusiastically.

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Thanks, Quest!

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The High Republic panel going on now. Seems to have filled the Galaxy Stage (but I’m 5th row center so it’s hard to see the back at the moment). Crazy to see a books/comics-related panel with this attendance.

“I love Burryaga. Oh well.” [face_laugh]

The Art of the High Republic cover reveal and some interior art.

EDIT- Phase 2 can be read without having read Phase 1. So a new jumping on point.

Two chancellors: Greylark (human female, has outward expansion focus) and Mollo (Quarren male, focusing on core development.

Pathfinder team joint exploration effort between Jedi and Republic . 2 Reps, 2 Jedi and a droid (like a giant conical astromech head with wheels).

Communications team working to expand communications with a pony express droid network system.

2 Jedi operating on Jedha with the Convocation of the Force.

Wookie and a droid for manga.

The Dank Graks illustrated by Older at the last second. Sorcerer of Tund, meanies not good at using the force. One really hates Maz Kanata.

EDIT- Marda Ro and another character called The Mother. The latter believes that “the Force will be free”.The Herald is an admin for those believers.

Cover art reveals…

The Blade marvel series shows origin of darsha vow when a Jedi steps away from the force.

New audio original: Battle of Jedha.

Art reveal of The Nameless and The Leveler.

7. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Just the couple hours since the livestream started have been freaking phenomenal!

The Willow trailer literally moved me. I honestly didn't expect that, because I didn't watch the movie that much and have never even owned it. I am surprisingly excited for the show.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

MercenaryAce and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    THR pics:

And publishing panel:

9. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    If that is someone's cosplay, I hope they won the THR cosplay contest!

MercenaryAce likes this.
  10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It is indeed. You have not lived until you have seen Geode waddle up some stairs onto the stage.

11. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    If only it were possible to so fully commit to the character that they somehow moved from off stage to on stage while everyone looked elsewhere, preserving the mystery of how the hell Geode even moves.

Tell me the audience went bananas for Geode!

wreath likes this.
  12. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    So Veers Watch looks like it got a nod of the old black-beetle helmet. Heh.

Dash may be back, huh? Not a huge surprise, but that's interesting.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Going to be toiling away in the store lines for a couple hours today so I probably won’t be making the Publishing BTS panel. I will be catching ILMxLab though.

Indeed. They had most of the THR cosplays up front by the sign then moved them up on stage and I assume someone had someone get the Geode cosplayer who then rushed in to join them to great applause.

Last edited: May 27, 2022
    JediFett10 and Dawud786 like this.
  14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I lied! Squeaked in!

Star Wars Everyday cover reveal by Ashley. Years worth of SW activities, crafts, recipes, etc.

When it comes to writing a book, Ashley: “I am the Padawan here.”. Treated the daunting writing process like the Dagobah Cave challenge- what you bring in affects what you get.

-Be More Obi-Wan: Navigate Your World with Wit and Wisdom.

-Art of Mando Season 2. Images of more Rebels-style Ahsoka montral concept art.

-Battles That Changed the Galaxy

-Timelines. First spread shown is a special deep dive outside of the “by era” entries, this one on the Death Star plans.

Next is formation of Rebel Alliance.

Next is the path of the Skywalker saber. Crazy layout. Battle of Naboo follows.

We have a galaxy map by Fry!

Announcing Star Wars 100 Objects.

Vialco and Sinrebirth like this.
  15. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    NEED THE MAP IN HIGH RES PLEASE READEABLE PLEAAAASE... have my soul, gimme, gimme, gimme!!! sorry for shouting but.. MAP, MAP, ITS A MAP!

[​IMG]

16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    That’s a lot of UR dots!

17. JediFett10

JediFett10 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 8, 2008
    What was the “Formation of the Rebel Alliance” like? Any deets please…?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000

[​IMG]

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Tales of the Jedi animated shorts. Anthology with young Qui-Gon (voiced by Liam’s son), his master Dooku, later Qui-Gon (voiced by Liam), Yaddle, and Ahsoka at various points in her life. I think we saw Rex too.

Animation looks incredible in the one they screened (about baby Ahsoka and her mom [voiced by the Iden Versio actress, who also revealed she puppeteered the nostrils of the Mon Cal dockworker]).

Trailer showed Anakin training her to deflect clone trooper stun blasts from all around her. She also confronts some kind of darkside warrior in a skull mask elsewhere.

EDIT- Del Rey BTS

-Anakin and Luke will have a conversation in SOTS. Villain on cover is confirmed to be the Aftermath acolyte.
    -Dathan named after a friend of the author. Miramir came from a typo of Miramar.
    -Princess and the Scoundrel doesn’t have a crawl but rather quotes Stover’s Revenge of the Sith novelization as “a warning from a darker time”.
    -Tom didn’t fully recognize its origin though it seemed familiar. So he made some edits to the quoted passage and send it back as a suggestion only to have the origins revealed. He still feels they were good edits for a different book, but “my bad”.
    -Escape pod warnings in the Starcruiser are the result of Han’s actions in this book.
    -Ewoks are involved in the wedding. With Logray. Ewoks are disappointed that they’re not invited to Han’s bachelor party and start drinking, with Han concerns over the body mass ratio.
    -Author panel influences include DS9 & Doctor Who.

Last edited: May 28, 2022
  20. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Body mass ratio? From the guy who's likely been drank under the table by his fiance?

The2ndQuest likes this.
  21. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Thanks for all the summaries, Quest! :)

The2ndQuest likes this.
  22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    No problem! Missed the Marvel one but I’m out of the loop on those anyways.

Well, those are my words. But he is worried about the little fellas drinking too much.

Last edited: May 29, 2022
  23. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Thank you for the updates, Quest!

From SW.com: "For Celebration attendees, the map — which looks incredible — is available as a poster at Booth 2525." Maybe an attendee will eventually scan or take pics of theirs? The preview in the article isn't really any more readable, but at least you can see the boundaries and routes a little more clearly:

[​IMG]

MercenaryAce and ColeFardreamer like this.
  24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I have a ticket to pick one up in a couple hours.

Phone pics off of the display copy. Will try to do better later.

25. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    See you all in London next year ;) Finally a european Celebration again! Who will come?