main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CE16 Celebrity Guests Announcements

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by jeykey, Jan 6, 2016.

1. OliffWanKenobi

OliffWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2016
    Saw the prices online just now. [face_money_eyes] Wow.

Too rich for my blood. Still, that means more money to spend on other stuff!

Amon_Amarth and BobaThrowsaFett like this.
  2. Chunkydumb

Chunkydumb Jedi Master star 2

Nov 30, 2014
    So much for getting Fishers and Hamill's autograph on my poster. Rip off.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  3. KendallByrd

KendallByrd Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2016
    Yeah. The photo op price was a shock but I thought the autograph might be affordable. Guess not. Would be funny if there wasn't anyone in his line. But I'm sure people will fork it over.

4. Subiaco

Subiaco Jedi Padawan

Feb 16, 2013
    135!!??!! I should have gotten his autograph in Essen instead. On the upside, I wont have to drag my ESB-poster around all day...

5. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    And I thought the prices 10 years ago were exploitative. I have to admit, these put a sour taste in my mouth.

However, there's an argument to be made that by having such a high price you limit the number of people and essentially enhance the experience that each person has. It's not going to be a conveyor belt. And Mark Hamill gets to perhaps enjoy himself with each person as part of the photo op, rather than have thousands upon thousands of people shove their photo in his face. Limited and exclusive as they might say.

KendallByrd likes this.
  6. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Those are some crazy prices! I love that ReedPop know they're gonna get a load of grief and basically say don't blame us speak with Convention Photo Shoots about the prices! Guess we know who set the prices now!

7. KendallByrd

Feb 28, 2016
    When I looked at Friday earlier there were already 300+ photo ops sold...........for THAT DAY ALONE. 43,000 quid.............Is that right?

8. Chunkydumb

Nov 30, 2014
    Christ.

KendallByrd likes this.
  9. KendallByrd

Feb 28, 2016
    Indeed

10. Chunkydumb

Nov 30, 2014
    Don't understand this wristband thing either, for those planning on getting there at 7 ish do we have any chance of getting wristbands for the Celebration Stage? So confused and worried that I won't see anything.

11. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    As I understand it:
    You have the option of queuing overnight to get a wristband that will grant you access to a panel at celebration stage. Instead of standing in queue during the event. So if you arrive 7'ish you might not get access to Rogue One, but there probably will be wristbands left for other panels at the stage. I think wristbands are a good idea. With people only allowed to get 2, more people in total will catch something and you won't need to "waste" hours standing in line during the event hours.

Recap: To access the Celebration Stage you need to queue up for a wristband instead of standing in line hours outside the stage.

12. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    It's hard to predict wristband availability and when they will run out. On the one hand, Essen was reportedly quite easy for many people but this is London (a very busy place most of the time) and Star Wars popularity is at peak levels with 1 film just released and another 3 in active development. Lots of fresh content to enjoy. All depends on how many people actually turn up in the early hours of the day and how long that queue is at 6am. I think 7ish may be reasonable. That's about the only time I can get there, as trains don't start from my area until around half five. Bear that in mind too. Anyone travelling from outside London simply isn't going to get there in time for that kick-off.

13. KendallByrd

Feb 28, 2016
    I've gotta baaaaaad feeling about this.........

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  14. Luke4soph

Luke4soph Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2016
    Im absolutely disgusted by those prices, only reason why i booked to go to this event was to meet mark hamill and get his autograph on my poster as well as carrie fisher, but those prices are just shocking

TCF-1138 and KendallByrd like this.
  15. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Details of the DK panel and guests have been posted here on TFN Main. Authors Adam Bray, Cole Horton, Kemp Remillard and Jason Fry will be there autographing books and taking part in a discussion. Jason Fry had already posted in his Author thread in Lit that he would be attending. I want to see this one!

BobaThrowsaFett and Amon_Amarth like this.
  16. Sithaldo

Sithaldo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 3, 2013
    I forked out £263 for photo sessions with Mark, Carrie and Ray Parks because I'll probably never get the chance to do it again, but even pressing the button to confirm my tickets to do so left a sour taste in my mouth. I was shocked when I saw the prices they were charging, and it is a shame they are pricing a lot of people out of the opportunity to have pictures with them. The same with autographs.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  17. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Have the official page posted this anywhere? Thanks for the info Fett!

18. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Not sure - I saw the info both on TFN Main and Rebelscum Main.

19. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Well, I wouldn't be suprised if they haven't. Nice too know some authors will be sigining too. Despite what the offical side says...

20. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yeah, one of my main reasons for going (from Sweden) was to get the chance to meet Hamill and Fisher and get their autographs. But there's just no way I can afford those ridiculous prices!

Only rich people can afford this. Cute.

KendallByrd likes this.
  21. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I'm really regretting not getting Mark Hamill's autograph at the last Celebration. I guess 2 seconds of non-dialogue in TFA skyrocketed the price. :p

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Here's a link to the DK panel on the Celebration website. Pablo Hidalgo will be there as well.

23. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    That doesn't say anything about signing books though

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Jason said in his Author thread in Lit that he would be signing. Didn't say if he'd be there all three days though.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  25. Chunkydumb

Nov 30, 2014
    Do you reckon it's now out of the question that someone like Daisy or John will be announced as we're so close now?