main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Census Census & Games 2010 Pokemon Draft (your champion: MandaloreYak!)

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by The Loyal Imperial, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

2. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Slick edit Kalar!

Anyway, yeah Yak I was saying if you are going with the way the game works for the next draft then how are you going to do it? You can't possible mean having the GMs pick who goes out when, that would be a nightmare and increase the draft by an average of 2-3 YEARS.

Are you going to make it like it is now, have 'numbers' submitted then the Commish picks one number to start from and then the next Pokemon in line comes out after the one called faints? Any clearer yet?

3. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I meant like, okay, example... The team is... Let's say pinsir, archaeos, tauros, wigglytuff, clefable, and golbat

1. Pinsir/archaeos
    2. Tauros
    3. wigglytuff
    4. Clefable
    5. Golbat

Or, conceivably, you could have 4 spots and have 4 be clefable/golbat.

Anyways, the commish would start with either 1 or 6, and then the first pokemon (pinsir here) would be thrown out vs the opponent's first one. But the other one would be who the trainer would switch with depending on how the battle is going. and it'd be up to the judges to decide what pokemon faints. For instance, they say it's archaeos. And they do this for each battle going on. So 1 pokemon has fainted. 1 number is up. Now the next number is called, which is tauros (well really, they could go in any order after 1 or 6, it would just have to end with 1 or 6 as well I think). So now tauros is in with pinsir vs the opponent's 2 pokemon, who have kept their damage. So the next time, an opposing pokemon PROBABLY goes down, and the same happens to them. so since "2" was called already, their #2 pokemon comes in for the fainted one. It was "on deck" from the 2 call so to speak. And it goes so on and so forth, till a team is done. So some battles obviously would end earlier than others, but it's more of a "real" feel.

And it also has some meaning for the moves that talk about switching pokemon.

4. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    So were we going to like, work on this?

5. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    I think we finished it.

6. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
  7. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Oh I'm sorry I thought you said did we finish caring about this. Yeah we did.

So let's get the ball rolling on discussion again then. We doing the work in here of the draft discussions thread?

8. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I thought we were (allegedly) talking about the basketball draft in the discussion thread?

9. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Ew no, count me out of that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.