main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Centerpoint: Our New Hope "Anakin Solo, Han, Leia, Luke, and OCs" Updated 4/23/2010

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by HelloKelly, Nov 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HelloKelly

HelloKelly Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2009
    Title:Centerpoint: Our New Hope
    Author: HelloKelly
    Synopsis: What if the Death Star wasn't the only working Superstation?
    Time: A New Hope

Centerpoint: Our New Hope

Anakin Solo awoke to the sounds of klaxons. Panicked, he leapt to his feet and ran to the door. With alarms blaring in his ears he tried the handle. Locked. Anakin looked around the room. It appeared as if he had been locked in the storage room again. He must have fallen asleep while the grown-ups were talking and had been so quiet that they?d forgotten him. He banged on the door hoping that Chewie was still prowling around in the halls.

Jacen! Jania! They weren?t responding to him with their thoughts like they normally did. They must still be asleep. Mother! No response from her either. Anakin slowly sank to the floor and cried. Maybe they?d all left him on the ship as it was being attacked? Smoke started to slowly seep into the room. Jacen and Jania couldn?t sleep through all this noise, so where were they? Anakin felt suddenly tired. The smoke was getting to him. His mother had always warned him about the dangers of smoke inhalation.

He pounded harder on the door and then, despite everything he had been taught, he began to scream. His screams slowly died and became mutters. He slumped against the wall and slowly sank to the floor. Then the door burst open and a man darted in. He locked the door behind him and leaned against it panting. Something must have really scared him to make him hide in a smoke filled room. His eyes suddenly saw Anakin and he let out a gasp. Hurrying over to the crates he slowly cracked one open then another and another. Anakin slowly tottered over to him and tried to help.

Anakin. ?Mom? Is that you?? Honey. It?s me, you?re safe now. ?Mommy? I can?t see you! Where are you??!!? Anakin slowly slumped against the crate next to the nice man and slowly sank to the floor. Sleep child. I?ll see you in the morning. ?Mommy? Will you sing me to sleep?? The poor rebel was in tears as he watched the child collapse. Quietly he started singing under his breath as he searched.

Sleep my child and wait for the dawn.
    Sleep my child and heed my song.

The man?s search became frantic as the kid?s eyes slowly drooped.

Tears and laughter shall arise with the day.
    The joy is tomorrow?s for then we play.

His voice broke as tears stifled his voice.

In your dreams we shall walk
    Hand and hand we shall talk

The man let out a cry of relief as he found what he was looking for. He charged over to the kid and knelt in front of him.

Arise tomorrow, a brand new day.

He quickly clasped the mask over the child?s face and pumped his chest. In and out.
    In and out.

To be continued.

2. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Interesting beginning. I wonder who the nice man is.

Welcome to the boards=D=

3. HelloKelly

Nov 12, 2009
    Squeel! I got a reader!

Question for you? You've been here awhile right? Well what am I supposed to do if someone asks to be on my PM list?

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Very intriguing beginning.

It was so nice to see Leia get through to Anakin and I hope he will survive whatever he is going through.

Looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

5. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    Good job! Was this your first story?

Was anakin hallucinating or was his Mom reaching out to him through the force? Because she seemed pretty keen on getting him to sleep.

Add me to the Pm list

6. HelloKelly

Nov 12, 2009
    Thank You Kelia! My next post will be posted hopefully friday!

Yes! Was it good? Well it wasn't my first written just the first I've put out for an audience. It was Anakin hallucinating. Of Course i'll add you! Anyone else want one?

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Fascinating start. I would like PMs for updates. :)

8. wonderwoman7

wonderwoman7 Jedi Youngling

Oct 9, 2009
    This is a great start. Cant wait to read more!

9. HelloKelly

Nov 12, 2009
    Jade Eyes I would love to add you and thank you for reading!

Thank you Wonderwoman!

10. HelloKelly

Nov 12, 2009
    The little boy didn?t weigh much. Barely more then the pack he normally carried on his back, the rebel thought as he ran through the smoke and fires to the door. He braced his back against the door frame and peered out into the hall. No Imperials were in sight. He quickly bolted out into the hall and fled towards the bridge. He couldn?t use the escape pods they?d just get shot down.

He wracked his brain for any other options and only one came to mind. Ludicrous as it was, he would have to impersonate one of the intruders. He placed the child onto the floor and hoped he would not awaken. Then he turned and fled the bridge. A couple minutes late he returned, dragging a limp Stormtrooper with him.

He quickly stripped the trooper and donned his clothing and armor. Then as soon as he put the last piece in place he picked up the child in one arm, the troopers gun in the other, and ran. They quickly retraced their steps and arrived back at the spot where the Imperials had first boarded. As they rounded the final corner the rebel slowed down and walked calmly towards the shuttle. Upon entering the shuttle they found themselves face to face with an Imperial officer. The rebel gently placed Anakin on one of the seats and saluted.

?Permission to take this child back with us, Sir!? The officer looked at Anakin?s sleeping form and then off into space. After a couple of seconds the rebel cleared his throat. The officer quickly jerked back into reality and nodded once. ?Permission granted.? The rebel then placed his gun down next to him and sat down to wait for the others to arrive. ?What are you doing trooper?!!!? The officer snarled.

?Keeping the child company, to comfort him if he should awaken, Sir.? The rebel stammered. ?Permission denied soldier. Get back out there and bring me some prisoners. Leave the child to me.?
    The rebel slowly stood and with a sigh left the shuttle. As he reached the doorway, the officer growled. ?Hold on!? The rebel spun around in a panic and nearly knocked the man off his feet. ?Aren?t you forgetting something trooper?? The officer said, holding out his blaster. Slowly the rebel reached out his armor clad arm and grasped the gun hilt. Then with trembling hands he returned the unfamiliar gun to its holster. He snapped a salute and walked out the door.

Anakin slowly opened his eyes and drank in his surroundings. He was in a shuttle attached to a corridor and he wasn?t alone. Sitting across from him was an unfamiliar man in a light grey uniform. Battle scars traced his jaw line and even at an early age, grey hairs were dispersed throughout his hair. He looked worn and haggard like Daddy when he came home from his trips with Uncle Luke. Or like Mommy after one of her long meetings. And as Anakin slowly sat up, a small grin tugged at the man?s hard face.

The boy looks so much like little Ben back home. The officer thought to himself. He hadn?t been to see his wife and family for at least three years. Ben was probably twelve by now. Would his son even remember him, if he ever did make it home? A small tear ran down his cheek and a small hand crept up and wiped it away. The officer looked up into the face of the child before him and a smile burst forth. ?What?s your name?? He asked. ?Anakin.? The child replied as he looked at him with wide innocent eyes as he climbed into the lap of a man he hardly knew. ?I?ll be this many in five days.? The child called Anakin said grinning as he held out seven fingers. The officer slowly gathered him into his arms and cried for a family he no longer knew.

To be continued.

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hmmm. [face_thinking] More details unfold. This feels like time travel--a 7-year-old Anakin separated from his present into an as-yet unknown past. Because he doesn't realize it yet, and of course the people he's with just think he's a "run of the mill" youngling without folks to look after him.

Thanks a bunch for the PM and your siggy is funny! :) I always notice siggies. :)

12. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Sitting across from him was an unfamiliar man in a light grey uniform. Battle scars traced his jaw line and even at an early age, grey hairs were dispersed throughout his hair. He looked worn and haggard like Daddy when he came home from his trips with Uncle Luke. Or like Mommy after one of her long meetings. And as Anakin slowly sat up, a small grin tugged at the man?s hard face.

The boy looks so much like little Ben back home. The officer thought to himself. He hadn?t been to see his wife and family for at least three years. Ben was probably twelve by now. Would his son even remember him, if he ever did make it home? A small tear ran down his cheek and a small hand crept up and wiped it away. The officer looked up into the face of the child before him and a smile burst forth. ?What?s your name?? He asked. ?Anakin.? The child replied as he looked at him with wide innocent eyes as he climbed into the lap of a man he hardly knew. ?I?ll be this many in five days.? The child called Anakin said grinning as he held out seven fingers. The officer slowly gathered him into his arms and cried for a family he no longer knew.

This was beautiful. @};-

This is wonderful so far! I'm looking forward to more! =D= :)

13. Controller

Controller Jedi Knight

Dec 13, 2007
    this an interesting idea [face_thinking] can't wait for more.

Add me to the PM list

14. Raphire

Dec 19, 2008
    This is a really deep story. I like that. Thanks for the Pm by the way.

15. Raphire

Dec 19, 2008
    Did you ever get a response about how to do Pms? Or did you just figure it out on your own?

16. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    So now Anakin is in the company of another nice man.
    You are doing very well with your story.[face_dancing]

I'm sorry I didn't get back to you about PM's.
    I only just got back to your story today.
    From the other posts I figure you know how to pm, now. (Although I have sent you two PM's but you haven't opened them.)

Well done.=D=

17. HelloKelly

Nov 12, 2009
    Ok. I'll try to finish this next post over the weekend and get it up by monday! I will respond to all you commets then. See you all then!

18. HelloKelly

Nov 12, 2009
    Jade eyes It might be. Your wellcome! Thanks I like yours too!:D

Thank you Dancing Star!

Of Course I will Controller!

Your wellcome Raphire, I figured it out myself! Yay for me!

Gkilkenny Thank you! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

19. HelloKelly

Nov 12, 2009
    The rebel tried not to feel anything as he slowly chased down and captured each and every one of his fellow shipmates. But when he came to the ambassador, his eyes blurred.
    They found her hiding in one of the darkened rooms with a droid. She put up a worthy fight and tears dripped from his cheeks as he saw the sparks of blue cross her chest in a lacy pattern.
    He slowly picked her up and carried her to their shuttle. Each step he took felt like a betrayal and in his heart he knew that they were.

As soon as the Stormtroopers marched in, Anakin knew that his savior was one of them. He saw them march in carrying prisoners with them.
    He wanted to go thank the man, but he was in the front with the nice man and the door was sealed shut. He could barely see out the window at the top, but he stretched for as long as he could for another glimpse of the man who saved his life.
    There! He was placing a lady down on the bench. There was something familiar about her, but he couldn?t tell. Her hair had escaped its constraints and covered her face.
    He craned his head for a better look but as the man started to roll her onto the bench, a hand turned him back towards the front.
    ?We?re about to take off Anakin, so you might want to buckle up.? The nice man from before said compassionately.
    Then he led him to his seat and buckled him in. A faint presence lingered in the air but Anakin couldn?t place it.

The rebel sat down next to his dear leader and gripped his gun tightly. With his hands shaking so badly he knew if he loosened his grip in the slightest he would accidentally drop it.
    As they took off, he risked one last glance back and saw what had been his home for the last couple of years disappear in a ball of fire. Beside him, his charge gasped. He looked down and saw her staring at what remained of their ship. He never realized how young she looked.
    Far too young to be doing this kind of thing. He wanted to reach out and comfort her, to share a long hug after what they?d witnessed. But he knew if he leaned forward she would draw back in fear and anger. He?d never felt so alone.

Up front, the officer watched Anakin out of the corner of his eye. There was no look of wonder in the child?s eyes as he beheld the stars and planets around him. Just a thoughtful gaze that was much too old to suit him. Then his eyes widened as the Star Destroyer they?d come from came into view.
    ?The Duchess. A fine ship, if I do say so myself.?
    He told the kid in a fatherly tone. Anakin nodded and stared at the ship with apprehension. He found the ship intriguing, but in all the stories he?d been told these ships were the carriers for the bad guys. Unease filled his stomach as they were pulled into the hanger.
    Then he sensed it. Fear, panic, agony, and the glee of a tormentor. The emotions rolled off of the ship like water.

To be continued.

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Interesting update. There's a sense I get of Anakin about to lose touch with his current protector--and is the lady they just picked up Leia? [face_thinking]

21. Controller

Controller Jedi Knight

Dec 13, 2007
    So Anakin is now with Imperials, well the officer seems nice enough,

But I wonder what the rebel is trying to achieve and what his mission is.[face_thinking]

22. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Oh dear out of the frying pan into the fire.[face_worried]

23. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Excellent update! :) =D= Looking forward to seeing what happens next. [face_thinking]

24. GlindaForJediCouncil

GlindaForJediCouncil Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 21, 2009
    I'm really liking this, it looks like it'll go far:)

I can't wait for the next post,:D Keep up the good work!=D=

Put me on the PM list please

25. Raphire

Dec 19, 2008
    Sorry I took so long to respond I had finals. This was really good! I think it might be my favorite post so far!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.