main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MidWest Central Illinois Fans?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Darthpewe79, Jul 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darthpewe79

Darthpewe79 Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2006
    Hello there. I am seeking advice for starting a regional fan club in the Peoria area. I have posted a flier at my local comic store and posted on the starwars.com message boards. Does anyone have any new or different ideas?

2. MusicTrooper

MusicTrooper Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2005

First and foremost,

__________[image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a94/MusicTrooper/icon_welcome.gif]_____

I am sure that Eric (echo-3) our newly minted RSA,

will be along shortly. He is absolutely the best, and will help you.

But, for now, I suggest that you are doing FANTASTIC so far:)

Feel free to visit the Chicago boards, where I hang out,
    and post on the INTRODUCTIONs thread, it was started by a guy
    from South Bend, IN.

So, even tho many of us are spread out all over,
    many stay in touch with fans all over, while trying
    to get something going closer to home.

If everything Star Wars and Sci-Fi interests you, than you have come to the right
    place. Fan Force boards are a great place to find
    game players, video and dice oreinted, costumers, books, both comic and others,
    along with event info that you might want to travel to.

ok, enough babbling from me, am off to see if I can wake up Eric[face_laugh]

3. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002

Hi and welcome Getting the word out is as simple as putting up flyers everywhere, Like you have done. Dont foeget your local Library to post a flyer too.Just anywhere you can think of that people will either read and want to know info on Sci-Fi and other things of this nature. Now, on to hosting a meeting.
    Ask your local comic book store or gaming store to see if they have a room they will give you for free. You could advertise the meeting's on local radio and newspapers(again for Free) and that will give them insentient to host you. If not ask Boarders or Barns&Noble to host.
    If I can be of any help ,like getting a TFN chapter and a Peoria board up ,let me know and we can talk more.

Good Luck.

Eric
    echo-3

4. Darthpewe79

Darthpewe79 Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2006
    Thank you for tips on new areas to post my flier. I really didn't know where to begin. I am looking for others in my area that share my passion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.