main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CE16 Chances New Cast Members attend Autograph Hall? (guest speculation thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Aaron Halvorson, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Aaron Halvorson

Aaron Halvorson Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 13, 2016
    Does anyone think the chances new cast members from Episode 7 like Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, etc., attend Celebration London 2016 as part of the Autograph Hall event? With the tremendous success and the popularity of Episode 7, I would pray and hope these actors are invited to the Celebration event to meet fans/sign autographs/take photos. I'm coming from Minnesota for this convention and to shake hands with Daisy would be an absolute dream and get a photo with her, worth the whole trip! How likely is this? How likely is it that new cast members from Episode 7 will take part in these events? Take note that Daisy and John live in or near London so hopefully they'll have the time in their schedules to work Celebration in.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I would hope some of them would be there. However, their attendance does depend on their work commitments. We should get a guest list closer to the date and we'll be updating the Celebrity Guest Announcements thread when that starts happening.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  3. Aaron Halvorson

Jan 13, 2016

Sounds like a deal. I'm willing to bet that we'll see from of the new cast from The Force Awakens at Celebration London this year. Would be super cool to see some of the new leads in Episode 7 as part of the Autograph Hall. HUGE fan of Daisy Ridley if you can tell. Perhaps Daisy, John, Adam, and Oscar might be busy during Celebration London with the filming of Episode 8 taking place but perhaps they'll have a break in their schedule to come to London for a weekend and spend it with us. Would be super cool even just to see one or two of those 4 as Celebration in the Autograph Hall. Just to be able to personally talk to them would be fantastic!

CaptainRegor likes this.
  4. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I changed the title so that we can have all speculations about guests in this thread. :)

Now I'm not interested in autographs, but I love good panels. I would hope that we would see at least one TFA panel with some of the UK based cast. Since at least Daisy and John were at Celebration Anaheim they should have a good clue about what a Celebration is, and I would guess in some way it would come down to them wanting to be part of it or not. I would say that of the main TFA cast John is probably the most likely one to show up, based on the fact that he's a huge SW fan to start with. I'd love something with Oscar though. [poe_fangirl]

5. Aaron Halvorson

Jan 13, 2016
    I'm sure they're planning some TFA panels, especially with Daisy and John living in/near London and hopefully they can attend Celebration this year. I can definitely see John being super excited to attend Celebration London this year since he's such a huge fan and he'll want to take part in the events of the weekend. Would be awesome if Oscar came too! I was a HUGE fan of Poe Dameron from the new movie. Well, time will tell. Hopefully we'll hear some guest announcements fairly soon.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  6. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    I think they are going to show up on a panel. As you say they live nearby. Perhaps an early tease of ep 8? (Hey they did do Rouge One at Anaheim) or/and some fun behind the scenes for TFA?
    I'm optemistic about the chances that they'll sign, but I have a really good feeling about them showing up for a panel.